Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 27, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #9,301 of 11,472
Hello, @mordy
Yes, these are good tips.
I will think about it.
I still have the Singxer Sda 2 and the Little Dot 1+, I think I will survive.
I rather hope that it will be done before the summer break.

@JTbbb

Do you happen to know what was used for the exchange?
I read your post the other day and thought exactly what you said and hoped it was that and not one of the tubes that had gone.
I'll talk to Feliks about it anyway, maybe the one from the AE would be better if that could be possible.

And thanks for your answers guys,👍✌️

My amp is the AE. Mine was repaired here in the uk. I don’t know which socket was used for replacement, but if you need to know, I will ask the question. Ultimately though it was the switching unit that failed.

Jun 27, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #9,302 of 11,472
I use such an extension lead myself and have done so prior to the failure, but I bought the amp when it was seven months old so can’t vouch for it’s previous usage. The switching unit failure may or may not be associated with frequency of socket use.
Hmm yes, you are right again.

I have put in a good 900 hours, if not more, since I bought it.
Most of it is due to the tubes burning in.
It has to happen with the last set of all things 🙈.
I can't say in general how often I have plugged in and out.
It will certainly have been 100 -200 times.
The heat probably also plays a role when it is warm.

On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to give it a check-up when it goes in for repair.
That way, Feliks can improve her quality again.

The cable as a small extension is a good idea.
I will have some made or do it myself.
That will save the socket in the future.
Even though I'm more of a fan of a direct connection.

Just out of interest, it would certainly be good to know which one was installed.
Perhaps the quality would be better 😇

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #9,303 of 11,472
I put a pair I'm 6bl 7 in and let them warm up for an hour. Have not used them in several years. Pair them with well-used kt77 and I am very surprised at the sound. Plenty of volume on the Sennheiser 800 and Oppo pm-1. Sound is very engaging
Thanks @connieflyer, @OctavianH and @mordy. Always looking for affordable tubes to experiment with that are compatible with Elise. 6BL7 / 6BX7 officially added to the list. As an aside, with the exception of 6V6 (0.3 A). I generally don't find alternate power tubes to sound underpowered, in fact I have some Mullard EL37 which draw 1.5A as do the 6BL7 and their output is quite robust! :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #9,304 of 11,472
Hmm yes, you are right again.

I have put in a good 900 hours, if not more, since I bought it.
Most of it is due to the tubes burning in.
It has to happen with the last set of all things 🙈.
I can't say in general how often I have plugged in and out.
It will certainly have been 100 -200 times.
The heat probably also plays a role when it is warm.

On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to give it a check-up when it goes in for repair.
That way, Feliks can improve her quality again.

The cable as a small extension is a good idea.
I will have some made or do it myself.
That will save the socket in the future.
Even though I'm more of a fan of a direct connection.

Just out of interest, it would certainly be good to know which one was installed.
Perhaps the quality would be better 😇

Hi Deleeh,

I’ve contacted Dave from Classic Valve Amps, and here is his reply.

Hi Jeff,
Nice to hear from you, hope the Euforia is still working well. The one I fitted in your unit was manufactured by Neutrik, but I had to modify the pins slightly to fit the miniature PCB. If you were recommending one for a colleague to fit then I would go with Luksasz's standard fitment e.g. https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/parts...tereo-amplifier-jack/0990913000.html?rl=en_US which will go straight in. Its not an easy job mind, and involves removing the front plate, removing the miniature PCB and un-soldering the jack socket from the PCB etc.

Hope that helps,
Many Thanks,

Dave

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #9,305 of 11,472
Hi Deleeh,

I’ve contacted Dave from Classic Valve Amps, and here is his reply.

Hi Jeff,
Nice to hear from you, hope the Euforia is still working well. The one I fitted in your unit was manufactured by Neutrik, but I had to modify the pins slightly to fit the miniature PCB. If you were recommending one for a colleague to fit then I would go with Luksasz's standard fitment e.g. https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/parts...tereo-amplifier-jack/0990913000.html?rl=en_US which will go straight in. Its not an easy job mind, and involves removing the front plate, removing the miniature PCB and un-soldering the jack socket from the PCB etc.

Hope that helps,
Many Thanks,

Dave
Hello,
super thanks,
Seems neat if it's from Fender.
From the sound of it, it doesn't seem easy to install according to his instructions.

There is no big news at the moment.
I have written to Lukasz to ask him if I can send it directly to him.
I hope so.
Because here in Germany the dealer has sent me the label.
They want to check what's wrong and possibly repair it themselves, and if not, it will go to the distributor, who will then send it to Poland.
That's probably about 3 weeks where it's just unpacked, looked at, packed and sent on.
And in the end, it might be even more broken than it actually is.

I'm just waiting for Lukasz's feedback for the direct route.
And also to avoid further damage that can then be passed on to me.
Because it's never the dealer's fault :).

I hope that I get a label because the shipping to Poland is very expensive, just under 125€, ouch.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #9,306 of 11,472
Hello,
super thanks,
Seems neat if it's from Fender.
From the sound of it, it doesn't seem easy to install according to his instructions.

There is no big news at the moment.
I have written to Lukasz to ask him if I can send it directly to him.
I hope so.
Because here in Germany the dealer has sent me the label.
They want to check what's wrong and possibly repair it themselves, and if not, it will go to the distributor, who will then send it to Poland.
That's probably about 3 weeks where it's just unpacked, looked at, packed and sent on.
And in the end, it might be even more broken than it actually is.

I'm just waiting for Lukasz's feedback for the direct route.
And also to avoid further damage that can then be passed on to me.
Because it's never the dealer's fault :).

I hope that I get a label because the shipping to Poland is very expensive, just under 125€, ouch.

Yes, same problem as you…shipping costs! I was fortunate finding Classic Valve Amps, which was still a 180 mile round trip to deliver and collect. Perhaps you might find an establishment near to you that could repair your amp?

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #9,307 of 11,472
Hello,

It's done.
Lukasz has replied and offered to take the direct route.
Which, to be honest, I prefer.
Since you can identify the problem sooner and may already have a solution. And you can also check the Euforia if there is more to it.

The shipping costs were for express delivery. That was my mistake.
I just took it to the post office and paid €50 insured.

It will take a while until it will be back.
But never mind, next week I'll be away on business.
Maybe it will be repaired quickly and will be back with me this week.

Sending it to England would probably have cost a bit more.
If necessary, it would have been the last address if all the strikers had broken.

Thanks for your help, I'll order one of those parts in case it happens again. If I find someone in the area who can solder it, I'll have it there already.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #9,309 of 11,472
I have dealt with Lukasz and brother in the past, and he did the same for me. It was on my first Euphoria, serial number 0005 , left channel went out. Also sent him pictures of the circuit board, and thought the work was not up to par. He agreed, it was one of the first amps and they got in a rush with all the new amps. He not only repaired the channel out but upgraded all the components to then current circuits. Solder was much better. His service and friendly emails over the years convinced me to buy the AE when it came out. Happy I did. Compared both amps for a couple of months before I sold the Euphoria. Not a huge difference, but found, that when it was time for music, I would turn on the AE more often until a couple of weeks went by without turning on the original, so sold it at that point. They have a quality product and stand behind their amps.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #9,310 of 11,472
The man himself from a couple of years ago

Attachments

• IMG_3703.JPG
    IMG_3703.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #9,311 of 11,472
I have dealt with Lukasz and brother in the past, and he did the same for me. It was on my first Euphoria, serial number 0005 , left channel went out. Also sent him pictures of the circuit board, and thought the work was not up to par. He agreed, it was one of the first amps and they got in a rush with all the new amps. He not only repaired the channel out but upgraded all the components to then current circuits. Solder was much better. His service and friendly emails over the years convinced me to buy the AE when it came out. Happy I did. Compared both amps for a couple of months before I sold the Euphoria. Not a huge difference, but found, that when it was time for music, I would turn on the AE more often until a couple of weeks went by without turning on the original, so sold it at that point. They have a quality product and stand behind their amps.
Hello,
Thank you for the kind information.
They will be in touch when the amplifier arrives and everything is repaired.
There was no more information exchange.

I also think that he did not want to commit himself without looking over it.
Which is perfectly fine.

And I assume that Feliks has probably already found a solution.
Or already know one and will then gradually replace the component, possibly even with a more robust one.

The communication was kept short, probably for time reasons, but everything was within the framework and totally uncomplicated on their part.
So I have complete trust in them, and they also wrote their own instructions and not system-based ones like the big manufacturers.
That is also commendable.
Also your statement that they stand behind their amplifiers, that's exactly the feeling I have.
That has become rare in the meantime.

The appeal of the Ae would be there and I thought about asking if they would keep the Euforia and send me the Ae for a surcharge, or if they would convert it to Ae, but in the end I let it go.😊

To my ears, the Euforia sounds just right with the tubes, so I thought I'd leave it as it is.
I also lacked a bit of comparison, so I might have regretted it.
Otherwise, I am really satisfied with the little beast and enjoy it very much, especially with the Lcd2 C.

I don't want to overestimate the failure too much, it happens even to the best manufacturers like Macintosh.
They also allegedly have problems with the volume poti and deliveries.

It's a bit unfortunate because it's currently cooler outside in terms of temperatures, but I'll have enough days like this.
I'm looking forward to holding it in my hands again and enjoying the music.😊
And I know that everything is OK so far.

I ordered a cable from a manufacturer where the 6.3 jack will stay in and the other end of the cable has a 6.3 mm input.
This way, the jack can be protected a little better.
I have also ordered socketsavers and the increase in height will probably also reduce the heat on the circuit board a little, I think.
And about this cooling plate that the forum member posted the other day, I'm still thinking about whether I'll buy it.

There were very helpful tips and suggestions here from some forum members that I took to heart, thanks again for that.👍✌️👍✌️

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #9,312 of 11,472
Hello,
Thank you for the kind information.
They will be in touch when the amplifier arrives and everything is repaired.
There was no more information exchange.

I also think that he did not want to commit himself without looking over it.
Which is perfectly fine.

And I assume that Feliks has probably already found a solution.
Or already know one and will then gradually replace the component, possibly even with a more robust one.

The communication was kept short, probably for time reasons, but everything was within the framework and totally uncomplicated on their part.
So I have complete trust in them, and they also wrote their own instructions and not system-based ones like the big manufacturers.
That is also commendable.
Also your statement that they stand behind their amplifiers, that's exactly the feeling I have.
That has become rare in the meantime.

The appeal of the Ae would be there and I thought about asking if they would keep the Euforia and send me the Ae for a surcharge, or if they would convert it to Ae, but in the end I let it go.😊

To my ears, the Euforia sounds just right with the tubes, so I thought I'd leave it as it is.
I also lacked a bit of comparison, so I might have regretted it.
Otherwise, I am really satisfied with the little beast and enjoy it very much, especially with the Lcd2 C.

I don't want to overestimate the failure too much, it happens even to the best manufacturers like Macintosh.
They also allegedly have problems with the volume poti and deliveries.

It's a bit unfortunate because it's currently cooler outside in terms of temperatures, but I'll have enough days like this.
I'm looking forward to holding it in my hands again and enjoying the music.😊
And I know that everything is OK so far.

I ordered a cable from a manufacturer where the 6.3 jack will stay in and the other end of the cable has a 6.3 mm input.
This way, the jack can be protected a little better.
I have also ordered socketsavers and the increase in height will probably also reduce the heat on the circuit board a little, I think.
And about this cooling plate that the forum member posted the other day, I'm still thinking about whether I'll buy it.

There were very helpful tips and suggestions here from some forum members that I took to heart, thanks again for that.👍✌️👍✌️
I also have a feeling that Lukasz reads this thread as well....

Jul 2, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #9,313 of 11,472
Hey Feliks amp lovers.
On the website it states that Feliks also specializes in custom amps for their customers.
Did anyone in here ever contact them for a custom amp?

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #9,315 of 11,472
If it's been mentioned here before I missed it, but I received an email from Lukasz that he's developing for release this year, a 300B fully balanced amp

I can't wait until see what that's all about!
Me too, I was thinking about getting a Woo Wa33 but now I will definitely wait for the Feliks 300B amp.

Did he give you any more Info like which preamp and rectifier tubes will be used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back