Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #9,466 of 11,460
Thanks, mate. Sadly, I wasn't able to try the Anniversary Edition (AE) at my local store; they only had the regular variant available for auditioning. However, I'm already suitably impressed with the stock model; I wonder just how much better the AE could get.

Regular Euforia is the most analytical in the lineup, while the Anniversary Edition is a bit more neutral but more dynamic than the regular Euforia. There is distinct difference in sound among them.

This is what Feliks Audio has to say themselfes about the difference.

So it's not a Mk2 that is "better" than the Euforia but an additional amp with its own signature

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #9,467 of 11,460
I was the one with the two amplifiers. The reason I upgraded to the AE from the Euphoria was that I had the first model on the Euphoria serial number 0 0 0 5 and new from the past experience with the Elise that the Felix amplifiers hold their value very wel,l so I was not going to lose money selling the standard euphoria. Switching back and forth between that and the AE model I did prefer the AE model it was a little more open and the clarity was a little bit better as well. I was going to wait for the new amplifier that they were working on but the one that I wanted that they were working with was cancelled and they're going for the 300b tube instead. I've also heard that they may be adapting their amplifiers to use the kt88 as a stock tube and that would be a good move as well. But I've already moved past the kt66 and kt77 as well as the kt88. So that will not affect me one way or the other. If I was in the market for euphoria or a e model I would go for the a e any day of the week. If you're looking for the best signal that you can get in a manufacturer's amp I figured I'm already spending X number of dollars on the standard model spend a little bit more and get their Top Line and decide later on if I want to go to a new amplifier. I will not be upgrading to the 300 b

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #9,468 of 11,460
Don't get too crazy.
I haven't heard the Ae myself, but I think the differences are relatively marginal.
Someone once had both and ended up selling the normal Euforia because he unconsciously preferred the Ae.
But that's also a matter of taste for each individual.
Of course, the Ae is also good, but it's up to each individual to decide whether it justifies the extra price.
With the normal Euforia version you already have something reasonable.
Sometimes you shouldn't go chasing ghosts.
Thanks, but you don't have to worry. I'm not someone that's typically ready to drop a bunch of zeroes on gear that I haven't auditioned.

I've been in the hobby long enough to understand the concept of diminishing returns. Nevertheless, I'm still interested to try the Anniversary Edition; I'm not expecting a night-and-day different, but any improvements will go a long way to justify the price delta between the 2 editions.

Anyway, thanks again for your advice. :)

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #9,469 of 11,460
In the end, it is all relative. I don't replace a piece of equipment, because there is a new piece that is better. I look for the best value, in the long term. I could hear a better sound with the AE, and since the Eurforia retained it's price point, I sold it. I plan on keeping this long term, so the difference in price is a little more to begin, over the course of several years, the difference in resale value makes up for it. Plus, it is the latest, at this time, for this amp. Doubt from here there will be any upgrades to this plan form. I think they have taken this design about as far as it will go. I have many tubes that I roll in to change the sound a bit, and enjoy this, and with so many tubes I am set for life as far as this amp is concerned, so when I get a little more into the use of this, I will purchase the McIntosh MHA 150, for solid state listening. I have auditioned this several times, and I will be adding this and keeping the AE as well.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #9,470 of 11,460
Here is a review of the new Feliks flagship amp but it is a 300B amp. The price of $6500 is much higher than the Euforia amps which pushes it outside of my interests.
https://www.stereophile.com/content...o-arioso-amplifier-western-electric-300b-tube
1628003878270.png

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #9,471 of 11,460
Feliks webpage still shows Ariso with Tubes set: 2x2A3, 2x6N8S, 1x5C3S tube compliment. As a 2A3 triode amp. Perhaps they have not upgraded. The one in the article is an integrated amp, not a headphone amp. Makes it a lot more expensive also. I emailed Lukasz for clarity.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #9,472 of 11,460
Here is a review of the new Feliks flagship amp but it is a 300B amp. The price of $6500 is much higher than the Euforia amps which pushes it outside of my interests.
https://www.stereophile.com/content...o-arioso-amplifier-western-electric-300b-tube
1628003878270.png

Feliks webpage still shows Ariso with Tubes set: 2x2A3, 2x6N8S, 1x5C3S tube compliment. As a 2A3 triode amp. Perhaps they have not upgraded. The one in the article is an integrated amp, not a headphone amp. Makes it a lot more expensive also. I emailed Lukasz for clarity.
This is the Feliks Arioso.
Their speakeramp which started out as 2A3 about 2? Years ago.

This is NOT the new 300B headphone amp which will be released later this year

It looks amazing imo, hope the headphone amp will be similar.

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #9,473 of 11,460
Does anyone have the pin out mapping for the Euforia tubes to the KT family? I want to double check my adapters are wired up correctly.

Also, does anyone know who figured out the KT family would work? I’d love a link to the original posts if anyone knows where they are.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #9,474 of 11,460
Does anyone have the pin out mapping for the Euforia tubes to the KT family? I want to double check my adapters are wired up correctly.

Also, does anyone know who figured out the KT family would work? I’d love a link to the original posts if anyone knows where they are.
If I recall correctly the original pioneers were @hypnos1, @connieflyer, @mordy and perhaps others. I learned quite a lot from each pof them!

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #9,475 of 11,460
I have tried the KT88 as quads and the KT66 as quads, the KT77 I liked as a driver for either the KT 66 or 88. The last month I have been using vintage RCA 6N7GT's as drivers and Sylvania 6BL7's and like these very much, with the Senn 800 and the Oppo PM1

Aug 6, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #9,476 of 11,460

Hi Henrim...and congrats on being another venturesome soul interested in one of the non-configured-for tubes I took a (successful, thank goodness! :wink:) gamble on converting.

I attach a photo of the top and bottom pins, numbered for confirmation purposes (tube locating lug pointing downwards of course).

P1020341 (2)_LI.jpg

And the connections should be as below :

KT88 .............................. 6AS7G/6SN7
#1...N/C
#2 (H)............................. #7 or #8 (H)
#3 AND #4 (a/g2)...... #2 or #5 (a)
#5 (g1)........................... #1 or #4 (g1)
#6...N/C
#7 (H).............................#7 or #8 (H), depending on the other used of course(!)
#8 (K/g3)...................... #3 or #6 (K).

The EL34 would need its pin #1 (g3) linked to #8 (K), which the KT88 has already internally...as with all the other KTs and 6L6 family.

Hope this helps you H.

As for its genesis, after another member suggesting I might like to try converting the 5881 member of the 6L6 family and it actually working(!), I took the plunge to see how the KT family (66/77/88) would perform. And the rest is history lol :L3000:....CHEERS!...CJ

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #9,477 of 11,460
Have mod bugs recently. Replaced the 0.33 uF Mundorf Mcap with Vcap TFTF Teflon capacitor (the older and cheaper Tin version) today.

The improvement is so dramatic, even without any capacitor burn-in, that it is not funny.

Everything opens up significantly, sound stage, resolution, airiness etc, more noticeable than that all the tube rolling I have done 6SN7/6AS7 family).

Wonder how much better the amp will sound if the output coupling capacitors (470uF) are replaced with better film capacitors.

Congrats on risking your mod, myphone...not for everyone methinks lol! :wink:. But this must give some idea of the results from FA's upgrades in the AE version - with well regarded Clarity caps, along with mono crystal OCC wire; upgraded trafo etc. :)....WELL DONE!...CHEERS...CJ

Aug 6, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #9,478 of 11,460
Hi Henrim...and congrats on being another venturesome soul interested in one of the non-configured-for tubes I took a (successful, thank goodness! :wink:) gamble on converting.

I attach a photo of the top and bottom pins, numbered for confirmation purposes (tube locating lug pointing downwards of course).

P1020341 (2)_LI.jpg

And the connections should be as below :

KT88 .............................. 6AS7G/6SN7
#1...N/C
#2 (H)............................. #7 or #8 (H)
#3 AND #4 (a/g2)...... #2 or #5 (a)
#5 (g1)........................... #1 or #4 (g1)
#6...N/C
#7 (H).............................#7 or #8 (H), depending on the other used of course(!)
#8 (K/g3)...................... #3 or #6 (K).

The EL34 would need its pin #1 (g3) linked to #8 (K), which the KT88 has already internally...as with all the other KTs and 6L6 family.

Hope this helps you H.

As for its genesis, after another member suggesting I might like to try converting the 5881 member of the 6L6 family and it actually working(!), I took the plunge to see how the KT family (66/77/88) would perform. And the rest is history lol :L3000:....CHEERS!...CJ
Wow thanks so much, that’s exactly what I’m after! and cheers for including the roles of the pins, this will give me chance to ponder how it works and check my adapters. Very brave of you to go all in!

So I gather the kt family are tried and tested for many many hours? It’s not going to do any damage to my amp right? Just wondering what FA are worried about.

Aug 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #9,479 of 11,460
So I gather the kt family are tried and tested for many many hours? It’s not going to do any damage to my amp right? Just wondering what FA are worried about.

I am interested in this as well as a new owner of the FA Euforia.
To use the KT88 as a quad do I just need an adapter like this: Adapter, and some KT88 tubes to roll in?

I would not want to shorten the life span of this amp by overdoing it.

Aug 6, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #9,480 of 11,460
Wow thanks so much, that’s exactly what I’m after! and cheers for including the roles of the pins, this will give me chance to ponder how it works and check my adapters. Very brave of you to go all in!

It shouldn't do any damage.
They didn't test it themselves and don't give warranty for it.

You only have to pay attention to not draw more than 6.5A in total.
Even with 4x KT88 you do not exceed that, but 2x KT88 + 2x 6080 would be too much.
Or 4x KT150 would also be too much.

I actually inquired a quote for an custom Elise or Euforia that comes with KT88 Support instead of the 6N13S. Wonder how much that would cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back