Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 23, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #9,436 of 11,460
I have tried the k t 66 and k t 88 as quads but not the 77. Of those tubes I like the k t 77 as drivers and the 88 has power. My favorite of the k t combo.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #9,438 of 11,460
The idea is to save wear and tear on the headphone jack, especially if you change headphones often, a little extender will save the headphone jack in the amp from wearing out or breaking.
I do the same with my Euforia. I asked the same guy who constructed my headphone cable to make the extender with the same type of conductor.

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #9,439 of 11,460
What DACs have people tried with the Euforia? I'm especially interested in the Qutest, Topping D90, Chord Hugo (1 or 2), Matrix Element M, or a Denafrips Pontus, but I'd love to hear about anything else too.

Do people find the Euforia smooths over extra details from the Qutest / detailed DACs? I really like the way the Euforia widens the Utopia's sound stage, so would I still benefit from a wide sounding DAC or could it get too wide?

For context, I'm not a very experienced listener and can't confidently say I can hear a difference in cables, hi-res or different sources, but I can hear the difference between cheap, mid-range and high end DACs.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #9,442 of 11,460
What DACs have people tried with the Euforia? I'm especially interested in the Qutest, Topping D90, Chord Hugo (1 or 2), Matrix Element M, or a Denafrips Pontus, but I'd love to hear about anything else too.

Do people find the Euforia smooths over extra details from the Qutest / detailed DACs? I really like the way the Euforia widens the Utopia's sound stage, so would I still benefit from a wide sounding DAC or could it get too wide?

For context, I'm not a very experienced listener and can't confidently say I can hear a difference in cables, hi-res or different sources, but I can hear the difference between cheap, mid-range and high end DACs.
Using with metrum acoustics pavane, but also have d90, but not listened yet with d90 as got the euforia ae just week ago, will report later how it sounds with d90

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #9,445 of 11,460
Thanks everyone, cool to see a variety of price points. When I did the in-home trial I was using a Audio-GD NFB 11 and I didn't know how the signal was going from okay to incredibly beautiful.

Using with metrum acoustics pavane, but also have d90, but not listened yet with d90 as got the euforia ae just week ago, will report later how it sounds with d90
Yes please if you could report back on the d90, that'd be appreciated :)

Not quite sure but a good pairing should also be the Denafrips Ares 2.
That would be next on my wish list if something came up.
At least a European dealer would be great.
But Outest and Bitfrost is what I read before and after buying the Euforia.
What do you mean about the Qutest and Bifrost? I'd be keen to try Denafrips too...

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #9,446 of 11,460
Thanks everyone, cool to see a variety of price points. When I did the in-home trial I was using a Audio-GD NFB 11 and I didn't know how the signal was going from okay to incredibly beautiful.

Yes please if you could report back on the d90, that'd be appreciated :)

What do you mean about the Qutest and Bifrost? I'd be keen to try Denafrips too...
Of course, I meant that most people have the Euforia coupled with the Outest or Bitfrost Dac.
Whether they use that as a reference is up to them.
It is certainly not reprehensible if the results are good.
However, in the end it is rather subjective.
You may like it or not.

Spontaneously, you buy where you think the Dac can be good or corresponds to your musical ideas.
There are also Dacs that just don't get you excited.
My Matrix Audio Ipro Mini 2s for example is not really good to listen to on headphones, but on the stereo it is a dream.

That's why they tend to buy what gives them the wow feeling from a personal point of view.
Even if the contenders are good like Outest,Bitfrost,Ares2 maybe even the Sokris.
Of course, you can also achieve something with the tube rolling should not be forgotten.

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #9,447 of 11,460
Have mod bugs recently. Replaced the 0.33 uF Mundorf Mcap with Vcap TFTF Teflon capacitor (the older and cheaper Tin version) today.

The improvement is so dramatic, even without any capacitor burn-in, that it is not funny.

Everything opens up significantly, sound stage, resolution, airiness etc, more noticeable than that all the tube rolling I have done 6SN7/6AS7 family).

Wonder how much better the amp will sound if the output coupling capacitors (470uF) are replaced with better film capacitors.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #9,448 of 11,460
Have mod bugs recently. Replaced the 0.33 uF Mundorf Mcap with Vcap TFTF Teflon capacitor (the older and cheaper Tin version) today.

The improvement is so dramatic, even without any capacitor burn-in, that it is not funny.

Everything opens up significantly, sound stage, resolution, airiness etc, more noticeable than that all the tube rolling I have done 6SN7/6AS7 family).

Wonder how much better the amp will sound if the output coupling capacitors (470uF) are replaced with better film capacitors.
Do you have same picture from the Work?

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #9,449 of 11,460

Attachments

• Vcap Euforia.jpg
    Vcap Euforia.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mcap Euforia.jpg
    Mcap Euforia.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 27, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #9,450 of 11,460
Vcap is much larger than the original Mcap.
Where did you buy the caps, if you don't mind me asking?
And which ones did you install?
It was also an idea and I looked somewhere and there is an English site that has pretty much everything except the caps, there it was rather difficult to find ones that fit, but if it did it was quite expensive the pair.

And I wondered how big the added value could be.
I think something like that can be a step backwards, just like the tubes.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the subject so from what I've seen there are foils, oil, paper in oil capacitors and so much more.
I found the Audionote not bad but they say they need a minimum of 600 hours to work at all.
They also had the Mundorf and yes, you can also make a lot of mistakes with the choice of capacitors, but it is certainly also a great opportunity to take another step forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back