Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 23, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #9,421 of 11,460
fr3kaX, good luck with the AE, I like it the best of the versions I have had. Give it time to settle in and the tubes need it also, but it is a great amp.
On the KT tubes, I found that the KT77 was the sweet spot for me. KT66 and KT88 were a close second. I prefer the sound of the 77's for their mid range over all. I had planned on using the KT150 at one time, really like the look of the tube, was warned off them from another forum. Nice looking tube, powerful.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #9,422 of 11,460
fr3kaX, good luck with the AE, I like it the best of the versions I have had. Give it time to settle in and the tubes need it also, but it is a great amp.
On the KT tubes, I found that the KT77 was the sweet spot for me. KT66 and KT88 were a close second. I prefer the sound of the 77's for their mid range over all. I had planned on using the KT150 at one time, really like the look of the tube, was warned off them from another forum. Nice looking tube, powerful.
If you like the mids of the KT77 you should try some EL34

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #9,423 of 11,460

Hi Connie flyer, out of interest, are we talking here about the GEC KT66’s? Going into a AE.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #9,424 of 11,460
KT 77 are EL34 version, that's why I like them. The KT66 are Gold Lion, readily available, and will not turn your wallet to mush

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #9,425 of 11,460
KT 77 are EL34 version, that's why I like them. The KT66 are Gold Lion, readily available, and will not turn your wallet to mush

Ah, that’s good to know. Co’s I have tried GEC KT66’s in my AE and they don’t work at all, the bass is mushy and horrible. And yet I believe they work well in the Elise, if my recollection of a conversation some years back holds true!

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #9,426 of 11,460
All the KT tubes that I have are the Gold LIon and all work well in the AE

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #9,427 of 11,460
Hello,

My socketsavers arrived today.
You can argue about the look, of course, but unfortunately it's also a bit due to the Lin Lai's space.
When the Euforia was at Feliks, I think they did something instead of 3 mm where there was only space before without the socketsaver.
But I could be wrong.
The positive thing about the socketsavers is that the heat is not transferred directly to the main socket but can be dissipated through the elevation in the free air.
Makes sense in any case, I would not have thought that it makes so much difference.
Thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• 2644FAFB-7012-421A-86D9-546D2B420E7A.jpeg
    2644FAFB-7012-421A-86D9-546D2B420E7A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #9,428 of 11,460
When ordering an amp directly from Feliks, how long is the average production time?

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #9,429 of 11,460
Deleeh in your last post what are you referring to, regarding Feliks changing something, and now you have less space? The spacing has not been changed, if you are referring to the Lin Lai tubes that is normal. I know of two others that use this tube, and the spacing is the same. Those tubes are quite a bit larger than stock tubes. Variable adapters to stack like you have it is the way the others have it. Feliks did not change anything, just your tubes are too wide for the amp you want to use. I was going to buy a pair to try until I saw the dimensions, and knew they would be too close together.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #9,430 of 11,460
Yes, I know what you mean.
The distance is enough, even if it is narrow.
This is the second set of Lin Lai I bought and the gap was even smaller than the first set.

I'm not sure if Feliks might have moved the base a bit, which is possible.
Or something to do with the fact that the case has been opened.
In any case, I have a little more space than with the first set and with the one that was already in there before the repair.

I didn't really want to use socketsavers because it doesn't look very nice.
It has been running like this for 3 hours and I have noticed that the temperature is slightly lower and more constant.
I haven't noticed any negative effects on the sound, and not because the socketsavers are made in China, in case anyone is wondering.
On the contrary, they are made of ceramic, decorated with gold plate and gold pins that are supposed to be made of copper.

I have seen better ones from America, but unfortunately they are not available and cost 36$ a piece, but they are also shockproof.

In general, the Lin Lai have space, even if it is tight, I measured it before buying the first set, and I did not notice any losses without socketsavers.
The Linlai's also get a little less warm than the Ps vane although 1 cm is recommended.

I can also provide you with an exact drawing if you need the exact measurement of how to determine the value after installation.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #9,431 of 11,460
Yes, I know what you mean.
The distance is enough, even if it is narrow.
This is the second set of Lin Lai I bought and the gap was even smaller than the first set.

I'm not sure if Feliks might have moved the base a bit, which is possible.
Or something to do with the fact that the case has been opened.
In any case, I have a little more space than with the first set and with the one that was already in there before the repair.

I didn't really want to use socketsavers because it doesn't look very nice.
It has been running like this for 3 hours and I have noticed that the temperature is slightly lower and more constant.
I haven't noticed any negative effects on the sound, and not because the socketsavers are made in China, in case anyone is wondering.
On the contrary, they are made of ceramic, decorated with gold plate and gold pins that are supposed to be made of copper.

I have seen better ones from America, but unfortunately they are not available and cost 36$ a piece, but they are also shockproof.

In general, the Lin Lai have space, even if it is tight, I measured it before buying the first set, and I did not notice any losses without socketsavers.
The Linlai's also get a little less warm than the Ps vane although 1 cm is recommended.

I can also provide you with an exact drawing if you need the exact measurement of how to determine the value after installation.

With regards to the gaps, especially with taller tubes, and even more so with socket savers. The whole ensemble will have a fair amount of play and you will be able (by design or not) to alter the gaps between those Lin Lai’s.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #9,432 of 11,460
With regards to the gaps, especially with taller tubes, and even more so with socket savers. The whole ensemble will have a fair amount of play and you will be able (by design or not) to alter the gaps between those Lin Lai’s.
You can argue about that.
Maybe Feliks will surprise us with a Mk 3 version with more space or even a new design.

The game is okay, there is a bit of play but it's okay.
Especially when it stands on a desk that likes to wobble, it's better than when there's too little play and it's too stiff.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #9,433 of 11,460
When ordering an amp directly from Feliks, how long is the average production time?
I just ordered mine from the Australian distributor who didn’t have any in stock. He said it’ll take 5-6 weeks for it to be made and shipped to Australia. Not sure how much of that is shipping time, probably a couple of weeks I’m guessing.

Edit: but he also passed on a message from FA that it’s the holidays in Poland so production is a bit slower than usual.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #9,434 of 11,460
I just ordered mine from the Australian distributor who didn’t have any in stock. He said it’ll take 5-6 weeks for it to be made and shipped to Australia. Not sure how much of that is shipping time, probably a couple of weeks I’m guessing.

Edit: but he also passed on a message from FA that it’s the holidays in Poland so production is a bit slower than usual.
Thank you

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #9,435 of 11,460
Is this all as quads? Do you like the sound of mix and matching any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back