Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 19, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #9,406 of 11,460
Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
@mordy
Originally I wanted to use this one.
https://www.acinfinity.com/componen...ponent-cooling-blower-system-rear-exhaust-17/

And this is the one I meant it only comes with the us plug.
I misspoke on the article, sorry.

@connieflyer

Strictly speaking, you're right about the transformer - I didn't take that into account.
The second thing would be possible vibrations that could possibly be transmitted to the wood, I just thought of that.
I understood the cooling concept to be that air is sucked in at the top and the exhaust air takes place at the bottom.

I ordered the socketsavers last week and they should arrive this week.
I hope it will be a little better with them.

Otherwise, the Euforia stands freely on a slate plate and is raised by 1 cm.
If I open the window to ventilate during the warm-up phase and listen for 2-3 hours, it works.
If it runs longer, I have to ventilate a little in between so that there is fresh air in the room again.
In winter, I have to be a bit careful because the room is also small.

My thought was more to be able to remove the warm air, I did not take into account that it rises upwards.
Obviously I still have two or three small mistakes in my idea.
It still helped me to rethink the whole thing.☺️
Thank you both.✌️

I use the 6080 and the 6SN7, and you are right that they do get quite warm.
The 6080s give off more heat and they heat up faster than the 6SN7s, I have noticed.

Edit:
Purely informative, the repair processing at Feliks went without major problems and reliably.
They were also relatively quick.
All in all, from the time it went on the road until it was delivered back to me, it took just under 2 1/2 weeks.
You have to add 3 days of shipping per shipment from Germany to Poland.
Absolutely justifiable for me and of course a great performance by Feliks when you have the possibility to send it from Europe.
Depending on the country, it can take a little longer, France, Italy, Spain, England.
Definitely better than going via the dealer who then sends it to the general agent and only then goes to Poland.

Even though it may sound stupid, I remember it sounding better than when I bought it.
But that could also be deceptive, as I listened to the transitional period with a Solid State and the Little Dot 1+ and my ears have become accustomed to the sound.

Great work by Feliks, all handled in a very customer friendly way.
It would be nice if other manufacturers would take a similar example.
There is no need to worry about this.
I am very satisfied and happy to have the Euforia with me again.

As a final tip when sending.
It is not absolutely necessary, but a lot also happens during shipping.
When sending to Poland, it still makes sense to send with insurance.
In case something should happen, you are covered.
In Germany, the package still goes to the recipient, who is the repairer in this case and can make an estimate and settle the damage with the shipping company, who reports it to his insurance company.
I suspect that it is similar in other countries and parts of Europe.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #9,407 of 11,460
Did anyone ever try KT150 or KT170(with the adapter instead of 6080) together with 6SN7 ?

They still need less current than 6080, therefore electrically they should work as long as the Auto bias doesn't fu*# things up

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #9,408 of 11,460
Did anyone ever try KT150 or KT170(with the adapter instead of 6080) together with 6SN7 ?
I tried KT150 with KT77 and worked on Elise. I expect no problems should appear with 6SN7.

1626962139028.png

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #9,409 of 11,460
I tried KT150 with KT77 and worked on Elise. I expect no problems should appear with 6SN7.

1626962139028.png
Excellent news, May I ask how long did you run the setup?

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #9,411 of 11,460
Not long, kt150 were awful on Elise.
Hmm so no "stability test" available 😅

Yeah since it is not designed for KT 150 tubes, there is always a possibility that it sounds off

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #9,412 of 11,460
Hmm so no "stability test" available 😅
I doubt you'll have problem with those KT150 and 6SN7.
Yeah since it is not designed for KT 150 tubes, there is always a possibility that it sounds off
The sound was dry and lifeless, very energetic like on steroids but somehow dull. That's all I remember, on Euforia it might sound different, I doubt that I would like it.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #9,413 of 11,460
I doubt you'll have problem with those KT150 and 6SN7.

The sound was dry and lifeless, very energetic like on steroids but somehow dull. That's all I remember, on Euforia it might sound different, I doubt that I would like it.
Did you hear the KT150 in other amps as comparison?

They are quite dark in tone, which is a trait I personally like. (KT120 on the other hand are rather bright)

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #9,414 of 11,460
Did you hear the KT150 in other amps as comparison?

They are quite dark in tone, which is a trait I personally like. (KT120 on the other hand are rather bright)
Only in my current amplifier and the feeling I had was the same. But I have not listened a lot since it was again, an awful signature.

Jul 22, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #9,415 of 11,460
Only in my current amplifier and the feeling I had was the same. But I have not listened a lot since it was again, an awful signature.
Thx for sharing, much appreciated

Jul 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #9,416 of 11,460
Thx for sharing, much appreciated
Please keep in mind that my opinion is very subjective, also my musical taste. A part of the sound might be related to my headphones, tuning and so on. And I listen only to rock music, this kind of dry synthetic sound might be fine with electronic music or whatever, so maybe someone will apreciate it. I prefer guitars, analogue sound and that kind of signature, I want to feel the music alive and this was in the oposite direction.

Jul 22, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #9,417 of 11,460
Please keep in mind that my opinion is very subjective, also my musical taste. A part of the sound might be related to my headphones, tuning and so on. And I listen only to rock music, this kind of dry synthetic sound might be fine with electronic music or whatever, so maybe someone will apreciate it. I prefer guitars, analogue sound and that kind of signature, I want to feel the music alive and this was in the oposite direction.
The important part to me was, that it was dry and lifeless to you on Elise and you didn't Like the tubes in a different amp either.

Since I like the KT150 in my current amp, chances are I might as well in an Euforia.

The thing that I didn't want to hear was, that you love the KT150 in your current amp but hate them in the Elise.

All in audio is subjective :wink:

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #9,418 of 11,460
Thought I would give you another combo to try if you have the tubes. Having been using as of late a quad of 6bl7's, the clarity is extreme, but bass is very tight, and may seem light, but it is quite a show with the Senn 800 even. Listening to 30 seconds to Mars Walk on Water is really a tour de force. Not bad mind you, it is all there, but the strong mid and treble make it seem so. Those are not adapters on the power tubes, just socket savers

Attachments

• 20210722_214307.jpg
    20210722_214307.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #9,419 of 11,460
Finally received my euforia ae after 2 months waiting.
initial impressions: First thing I plugged into it was hd650, and I was amazed how it sound, never heard it sound so pleasant before. Decided to listen few days only to hd650 before switching to empyreans, but failed on that decision and plugged empys after an hour. And fuuuuuuuuu*c, this thing yet to be burned in, but it sound already heavenly, sound is so liquid, the timbre and realism of vocals and instruments, the stage width/height/depth is that Im almost ready to sell my speaker system

264E955F-B835-4D9A-BD98-C20CD2A0C9CD.jpeg

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #9,420 of 11,460
Not long, kt150 were awful on Elise.
I had the same experience and sold the KT150...lot's of power but little musicality. KT88 seems to be the sweet spot for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back