Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 11, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #2,957 of 11,472
UT, It is funny that I have gone opposite direction.

I have thousands of classical music LPs and a really nice sounding analog system (Sota cosmos turntable, SME V, and cartridges (benz Ruby, Grado statement, spectral), Atma-sphere pre-amp (audio-research PH#). Quad Electrostatic. Yes, analogy is much natural and better sounding.

Sitting in comfy chair listening to music with dimmed light at night was highlight of hardworking days.

Nowadays, computer audio is much more convenient, especially box-set of classical music is very cheap (compared to $ 15- 20 a disc in good old day).

I do most of my listening with headphones while working on computer, or reading online blogs.

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,958 of 11,472
IMG_0736.JPG

Most LPs were bought at used book stores for less than a dollar. Good old days. LOL.

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,959 of 11,472
Huh @myphone I've often wondered why you have only 47 posts when you joined Head-Fi since 2001. You must be a man of few words.

Mind you I have enjoyed your 'few' posts since you came here, so kudos to you. Pardon my tongue in cheek comment but you're a good addition to our fold. Otherwise it would only be Pct, Cf, apsi, H1 or Lobster or Oskari when he does wakes up, who will answer me.

Well, I'm not unnecessarily different from you. I'm always a computer person. I've worked in IT all my life, since I left the army national service, where I witness a chubby guy who couldn't march. His left hand and left leg would come out together, likewise his right hand and right leg would extend together. To this day, I still cannot understand why he has such a gift but not according to the drill sergeant. His face red with rage, he would yelled, 'Didn't your mum teach you how to walk??? !!!!!! '

Ok where was I? Ah, I am a PC and Mac guy. I would compromise and use these as source. Of course if someone would to donate a Micro Seiki turntable to me, I'd gladly give up my PC life. Life as a PC... 'Hello World', 'Where do you want to go today?' Remember these Microsoft global image advertising slogans?

Times have changed. In the old days, after work, the way to relax after meal is to put on a carefully selected LP, drop the stylus, walk back to the armchair with a glass of red and just enjoy.

These days, after meal, it's grab a Heineken or Vodka or whatever poison you can grab, sit on your executive leather swivel chair, pick a pair of tubes, plonk then in your tube amp sockets and flick the switch. Open up Tidal browsers, zoom in on the song you want to hear. 10 secs later, on cue, select a different song before even Elvis can do his pelvis thrust. Such convenience now and with a system that is much quieter and more revealing than your vinyl playback. But it is not as organic. the '1's and '0's are fed on synthetic food. Vinyl is fed on farm fresh, corn fed pure grain.

Anyhoo, take your pick. Vinyl is making a come back and digital is saying 'get lost'. Everyone wants a market share, including the live singers.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #2,960 of 11,472
UT, It is funny that I have gone opposite direction.

I have thousands of classical music LPs and a really nice sounding analog system (Sota cosmos turntable, SME V, and cartridges (benz Ruby, Grado statement, spectral), Atma-sphere pre-amp (audio-research PH#). Quad Electrostatic. Yes, analogy is much natural and better sounding.

See this is tragic. This is a step in the wrong direction. Go back to your past. It's quality music then.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #2,963 of 11,472
100,000 spectators on a glorious day with planes doing stunts must be exciting. What caught my attention is the sexy leg. Problem is with me staying in my study all the time listening to music, is that I will miss all the Autumn scenery.

Heh, what Autumn. Just realised that it's Winter now. :)

sourceimage.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #2,965 of 11,472
Jun 11, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,966 of 11,472
I wrote more than JK Rowling did. I'm surprised you agree with everything but then this is UntilThen's Production. The story comes on thick and fast.

Tom Jones is entertaining me with Spanish Harlem.

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,967 of 11,472
I'm a people-pleaser I want everyone to like me - even you :gs1000smile: I'm listening to Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Dropped in my Bendix 6080 this morning to see if you know what you're talking about with respect to 6080s. I'll let you know if I decide :smile_phones:

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2,968 of 11,472
I'm a people-pleaser I want everyone to like me - even you :gs1000smile: I'm listening to Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Dropped in my Bendix 6080 this morning to see if you know what you're talking about with respect to 6080s. I'll let you know if I decide :smile_phones:

That's a new album by Lindsey and Christie I've been meaning to check out.

It won't surprised me if you prefer GEC 6080 over Bendix 6080wb. We're listening with HD800S vs HD800. There's much difference there.

Jun 11, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #2,970 of 11,472
BTW. just found Neil Young's Harvest on Tidal Masters. Pretty cool))) Don't know if it sounds digital or vinyl. It sounds just like I think it should sound - wonderful!!!!

Plug for Euforia: As most I'm sure know, F-A has link to Headfonics review of Espressivo-E, where they named it Headphone Amp of the Year. Don't know much about Headfonics, but their reviews seem pretty reasonable, and I'm sure they have listened to many different amps. We Euforia owners are 2 levels above Espressivo. I think we own a very special amp.

I agree that evaluation of tubes will probably be different with HD800 and HD800S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back