1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. UntilThen
    Got to be happy with both Euforia and Elise. It is hum free and I mean hum free. Totally silent. Go check out other OTL thread and you will hear them say that soft hum is inherent in their amp. :)

2. UntilThen
    Anyhoo, I've found my pile of audiophile CDs. I've going to have an enjoyable night.

20170611_003955.jpg

3. UntilThen
    I found an old favourite. This is what I like about this hobby. Nostalgic songs. Takes me back to a time when I was young.... I mean when Simon and Garfunkel were young.

20170611_064109.jpg

4. UntilThen
    Found this double CD and listen to it completely. Music is so emotionally moving and connecting now. There is no price for such experience.

20170611_103602.jpg

5. pctazhp
    The following are strictly my own personal thoughts and are questions that sometimes go through my mind. Over on one of the "science" threads I got into trouble because I said I think that people who argue that all expensive DACs and amps are a waste of money are both dogmatic and "unscientific" because they usually offer such opinions without ever presenting any valid proof or support. On the other hand, I do sometimes wonder what more and more money actual buys.

So if a Euforia owner does buy a more expensive tube amp I'll be curious to hear what flaws they think exist in Euforia that can be cured with a more expensive tube amp. And if someone wants a solid state amp, why not buy this one, which fully assembled costs $1,250. What could a more expensive solid state amp do that one can't? Just some random thoughts for a Saturday night.

6. UntilThen
    If you don't hear better gear, you won't miss anything. That's what I always say. On the same token, if I had stuck with O2+ODAC, which was my 2nd purchase, I would have been happy with it driving my HD650. Then the Dark Voice 336se came on the scene and thus began my love affair with tube amps. Then Elise, then La Figaro 339, then Euforia.

On headphones, I've gone from Beyer DT880 Pro to HD650, T1 and HD800. Is it better with each purchase. To my ears definitely.

If none of us have the motivation to upgrade, the industry will be stagnated and we wouldn't have gotten Euforia. I too have often told those with Elise, that they are perfectly alright to remain with that amp. They could be happy there and not move on. Nothing wrong with those who want to upgrade or those who wish to stay where they are. It's all up to individuals.

2 months ago, none of us would even thought of upgrading our DACs. 2 months ago, I didn't even think about getting both GECs. Did I enjoy the GEC 6080? You bet !

I am usually not for SS amps but Ragnorak does sound very good on the ears, even with HD800.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. UntilThen
    Up to a certain point, it will buy diminishing returns and further burrow into the rabbits hole. :k701smile:

8. UntilThen
    In the local forum thread here, quite a few say that they don't like how Yggy sound but I and a 'few' on Head-Fi here likes it. So it's all subjective. Some like some dislike and they go about their own purchase. Everyone's happy and the industry grows and more and more start up companies appear.

9. UntilThen
    2 months ago, I wouldn't have thought of clearing my bookshelf to make way for my life time CD collections. Now they sit there in double rows. Each shelf has double rows of CDs. Best not to count how much I've spend on CDs. Now where to put those vinyls.....

20170611_142206.jpg

10. pctazhp
    I understand the urge to upgrade and don't in any way stand in judgment. I've been though it far to many times myself to criticize any one for that. My questions are just practical or theoretical in nature. Maybe I should phrase it in another way. If someone does buy another amp after owning a Euforia, it will be interesting to learn what improvements they think the new amp has over Euforia.

Candidly, when I look at all the money I've spent to get where I am today I sometimes think maybe I should have just bought a Yiggy and a Rag amp and been done when it. I'm pretty sure I'd be money ahead. But that's water under the bridge and I'm very happy with my current system. And certainly would not promise the upgrade bug, including a new amp, will never strike me again. I've actually had these kind of questions since I first got into audio, and never have really come up with an answer that satisfies me.

11. UntilThen
    I would go one step backwards and say that I would have been happy with NAD d1050 > Elise > T1. I used to call this the mountain top experience. :ksc75smile: What I didn't know was if I had lifted my head, Mt Everest is actually the next mountain. Now Yggy > Euforia > HD800 is the real Everest. I was only on Mt Kinabalu previously. :ksc75smile:

Truth is Pct, you ought to be happy with what you have now. There shouldn't be a need to upgrade. A lot of retirees here. There are other pursuits after retirement. Like ACTUALLY climbing Mt Everest.

But why do you have to mention Yggy and Ragnorak? I really like that combo with HD800. Very articulate and precise, natural and without fatigue. This is the 1st time I've said that of an SS amp. Even the Violectric 281 didn't impress me.

12. UntilThen
    You know audio is a hobby that is very addictive. I was smitten in a small way when I bought my Home Theatre back in 1998. Deliberated then whether to get a reasonable stereo system or a Home Theatre where the family can also enjoy. Then I spend 5 years working in the capital and travel 300 kms weekly, each way to get home just to spend the weekend. That was when I caught the car stereo bug and decided to make my driving more interesting, to outdo the police car that drives next to me. Entered my 1st comp and won the 'Rookies' trophy and that suck me into car stereo even more. Ended up doing 2 cars with upgraded stereos. Then I got interested in racing bicycles, except I don't know how to install an expensive stereo system on the bike and not go faster than Armstrong.

Now I'm at the crossroad of Head-Fi, at a time of my life when the kids have grown up and are working. I can finally get more than an ipod and earbud to listen to Faye Wong. Our spent is very moderate. Some buy the Chord Dave and DNA Stellaris without batting an eyelid.

13. UntilThen
    That's exactly what those guys with Elise are asking of us Euforia owners. Now you see my point?

14. UntilThen
    Make no mistake. There will always be better, not necessarily tied to price. The thing is knowing when to stop and say yes this is good enough for me, not for Peter, Paul or Mary - but for ME.

15. UntilThen
    Aw this is such nice music, I didn't know I had the CD....

This is good afternoon siesta music.

20170611_161126.jpg

_89144113_siesta-promo.jpg

First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last