1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
Next

Last
  1. angpsi
    Double–posting, but I think you guys need to cheer up!

2. UntilThen
    Lovers of OTL tube amp sound will love Euforia. However at the local meet, the owner of www.minidisc.com.au here in Sydney sat down to listen to his Focal Utopia with my Euforia running Psvane 6sn7 and GEC 6as7g. His comments after was that it sounded too warm and lush. I guess for someone who have been used to listening to the Focal Utopia straight from the Hugo TT, that would be the reaction.

So depends on who you ask. Some just prefers a more clinical, precised tone. Me? I'll take the tube amp sound and a scoop of ice-cream.

hahaha... meant to post this on Euforia's thread. You confused me @angpsi !!!

Oh.... this IS Euforia's thread. You confused me again @angpsi !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  3. UntilThen
    Double posting could land you in Alcatraz with no chance of parole and all you get is a 1920s radio that crackles more than it sings.

4. UntilThen
    @angpsi I look at your avatar and I keep thinking of that classic movie.

5. angpsi
    As long as there might be a chance to sport an uber rare GEC or Telefunken set so I can pay for the rest of my tubes collection!

6. angpsi
    You might as well try to stray from listening and watch it! Great track in the end of the movie!

UntilThen likes this.
  7. UntilThen
    With a choice of Tidal, vinyl or CDs, I'm finding it hard to decide what to use. Do you have this problem?

Lesson here is never give a music lover too many medium. Besides selecting the tubes to use, he has to decide on the medium to use !!!

8. UntilThen
    Alright, tell me the movie title again. It slip my mind. :)

9. angpsi
    It's "The Breakfast Club"; track in the end is "Don't you (forget about me)" by Simple Heads. One of the classics of my teen youth by the great Johnn Huges.

#EDIT: "Simple Minds". The hour is late, but UT is vigilant (see below)!

10. angpsi
    You do realize that a couple of posts ago you described a perfectly mellow listening experience just spinning vinyl? The 'convenience' of playing files out of the computer ultimately came down to a perfect case of OCD!

11. UntilThen
    Everyday I come here to get my black coffee. Today I get my black coffee with a LOT of sugar. I just come here to complain.

Don't ever give anyone too much sugar !!!

angpsi likes this.
  12. UntilThen
    You mean Elvis and his thrust? You ain't getting that out of the computer. Only vinyl will give you that experience. On PC, it's simulated. On vinyl, it's real. I mean Elvis pelvic thrust.

13. angpsi
    Classic! - Dirty Harry I mean.

14. angpsi
    Signing off, getting back to my wife who I still love and cherish. I have to turn off the Elise first.
    :dt880smile:

15. UntilThen
    Please !!! It's Simple Minds not Simple Heads. Shakes heads. Palm head. I give up head.

First

Back
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
Next

Last