Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
May 4, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #2,251 of 11,460
When I finally get an update notification which is not very often click on view the thread it goes back to page one and then you have to login before it goes to the current notification this thing is pitiful
Just favorite https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/threads/all
refresh via F5 and click the tiny (why does it have to be so tiny), blue dot to jump to the first unread message.

May 5, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #2,254 of 11,460
Thanks drwlf just tried that, same problem, have to log in to view the post, did that, tiny spot, went to thread. Way to many things just to read post. Also if you read on phone, you see whole page, so small have to zoom in on sections to be able to see what to clik on, old form email was so superior. If you get logged out due to inactivity, there won't be anyone left showing up here. The simple addition of WHO is currently online worked well. Losing interest fast.

May 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,255 of 11,460
Thanks drwlf just tried that, same problem, have to log in to view the post, did that, tiny spot, went to thread. Way to many things just to read post. Also if you read on phone, you see whole page, so small have to zoom in on sections to be able to see what to clik on, old form email was so superior. If you get logged out due to inactivity, there won't be anyone left showing up here. The simple addition of WHO is currently online worked well. Losing interest fast.

Yeah. It's a bummer. But don't lose interest too fast. This song is for you. I'm hoping that at least the video part will get your attention:ksc75smile:

May 6, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,256 of 11,460
Alright guys. I'm seriously considering the Euforia and have put up my Elise for sale. I've been reading the reviews on here and so far I'm impressed. I like and enjoy the Elise, it's smooth, has good space for instruments, has good sound stage. However my main gripe is that the sub bass and bass in general is not as prominent as I would like. Is this portion improved the Euforia? I'd be fine with just the Elise, but I am looking to upgrade, and just don't know if I'll be satisfied bass-wise.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,257 of 11,460
Hi Richard,

Euforia has just about more of everything than Elise. That does not make Elise a lesser amp but it's just that Euforia is better at resolving details, better micro dynamics and quality bass. That last point is important. Euforia's bass is more prominent and extends lower than Elise but that does not turn Euforia into a bass machine. Euforia (as is Elise) is more linear in the frequency spectrum. That is how I like my amp.

Bass can be amplified by the choice of headphone, tubes and source (be it turntable cartridges or DACs).

Euforia is good enough for me. I can now turn my attention to a better DAC and possibly a HD800. I'm now looking at the Schitt's multibit DAC. Gumby or Yggy. Or even newcomer Denafrips Ares r2r dac. Gumby looks to be the sweet spot, great recommendations too.

May 6, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2,258 of 11,460
Hey UT,

Thanks for your response. Sound stage is also something that I like very much. How would you describe the sound stage of the Euforia? I like the Elise's presence of sound stage, does the Euforia improve with regard to the macro dynamics and detail in the soundstage as well?

May 6, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #2,259 of 11,460
If you like Elise soundstage, Euforia will only please you more. It's uncanny that Euforia's soundstage is even wider and deeper than Elise. Not by much but noticeable.

I'll be honest with you though. La Figaro 339's soundstage is wider but this is Euforia's thread ..... :ksc75smile:

If soundstage is important to you, get the HD800 or the T1.

May 6, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,260 of 11,460
@richard89, I was considering buying an Elise, but then I came across this thread and I read precisely some comments about the bass section and (better?) "dynamism" that made me choose the Euforia instead of the Elise. Of course, the extra price tag was not fun for my wallet. Apparently I will get my unit by the end of May. Unfortunately I cannot say much more than that: I came to a similar conclusion as you did by skimming the information in this thread :)

I will keep my Ember in the office though, it is a great unobtrusive amp and I have quite some tubes for it. Euforia will be at home.

May 6, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,262 of 11,460
@UntilThen I can't wait to get my hands on it. Elise is something already impressive to me, but 'better' bass is definitely something I'm keen on at the moment, and just an upgrade in general.

@Tunkejazz I'm definitely excited to get my hands on Euforia as well. Skimming through the thread though, I just couldn't find that review that spoke of the Euforia's bass to my satisfaction. I was hoping to read something like "extends like never before". But hey, an upgrade is an upgrade, and it's what I'm looking to do.

May 6, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #2,264 of 11,460
Yeah. It's a bummer. But don't lose interest too fast. This song is for you. I'm hoping that at least the video part will get your attention:ksc75smile:

I must be getting old, I would rather watch the warm glow of the tubes at night! She seems to like looking at herself more than I. Still hanging around, but not as much as before. Will give it a little more time, but quite frankly I don't care for it at all. Seems very cold and impersonal. YMMV

May 6, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #2,265 of 11,460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back