1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last
  1. pctazhp
    Would you say this sums up your feelings about this site?

But remember, without you the rest of us are Scarlett, left crying. We'll find a way to get you back!!!

2. connieflyer
    That about sums it up!

3. UntilThen
    We don't do that here. Our responses are more restraint. :ksc75smile:

One example of a prominent bass was with a HiFiMan HE500 and Euforia at the Meet. There I hear strong bass, enough to stoke your ego but invariably you loose the top end clarity that you can only get with a HD800 or T1. It's interesting. I was there with Focal Utopia, HD800, Sony MDR Z1R, Oppo PM1, HE500, Mr Speakers Ether C Flow. You get a different sound signature with each of those headphones and Euforia. I could probably enjoy any of those headphones but the Utopia and HD800 are the ones that stood out for me. The bass quality and quantity varies obviously with those headphones.

4. richard89
    @pctazhp I was born in the early 90's pctazhp and I went back in time and revisited the genre of 90's R&B with that single song suggestion of Officially Missing You. Thanks for that.

5. richard89
    Hey you know I never got a chance to get my hands on the T1 to try it out on the Elise. My go to has been the HD 650 because I sold my TH-X00 due to my liking the more balanced signature of the 650. Maybe I should just keep the Elise and find a T1. The only thing that scares me is my sensitivity to treble, and I found that the HD 650 keeps the balance with a warmer signature. I do hope to find my end game in the Euforia though and expand from there. I was thinking about selling all my audio gear and just upgrading my computer to be a top tier gaming rig, but something about having good audio keeps pulling me, even though my wallet suffers.

I actually have a Schiit Modi Multibit right now as well, and was thinking about saving for the Yggy instead of the Euforia ;x. But having read that the Modi Multibit performed at ~90% of the Yggy, I'm deciding for the Euforia instead until I can make enough to get my hands on that juicy TOTL system.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. UntilThen
    Mullard EF80 and Bendix 6080wb.jpg This is for Mordy and JWT (sorry couldn't remember your sign on name) ... and Oskari too.

I do think that EF80 is a better fit for Elise / Euforia than EF86. Gain is as strong as any 6SN7 and it's much much cheaper. I could not detect anything that I don't like about the sound. It's a glorious tone. Clear and detail.

Here I have the Mullard EF80 from Langrex. It's a great tube and quite cheap. With Bendix 6080wb. The weighty tones of the Bendix blending with the clarity of the Mullard EF80.

7. UntilThen
    Not many people care to admit that HD650 still sounds very good, especially with a tube amp like Elise or Euforia. I modified my HD650 so that the tone is brighter, less warm and with a tauter and tighter bass. I am using my HD650 a lot lately. Great for listening to music. Nothing wrong there.

So what is end game. It doesn't have to be a wallet draining exercise. You decide when it's the end. :ksc75smile:

Gumby DAC > Euforia > HD650 or T1 or HD800. You can call it end game and get yourself a good gaming PC.

Ok I put Gumby there but it could be other good DACs too. If you think of a better DAC for that price let me know.

8. richard89
    I actually like the HD 650 as it is, though it is missing some steam in the lower frequencies, it has a good balance at all ranges, what I'd consider neutral and linear.

Was actually going to search for comparisons between Gumby/Yggy, but I haven't been able to find the "Search this thread" function yet like @Tunkejazz. I actually tried to find it earlier but couldn't locate it. Actually a major disappointment.... how can users search for specifics? It just doesn't make sense to take that function away from the website.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  9. UntilThen
    For comparisons of Gumby vs Yggy, do the search on Google. You'll find quite a few.

10. richard89
    And you're actually right @UntilThen, I'm actually pretty young and so my current setup is pretty good and a gaming rig should be my priority since I spend a lot of time gaming.

11. UntilThen
    What kind of gaming... I need to know so I don't kill your char online. :ksc75smile:

Btw HD800 is excellent for first person shooters. You hear everything. Even the enemies behind you. I don't play 1st person shooters though. Too old for that now. :ksc75smile:

12. richard89
    Mainly for FPS gaming and specifically for a new game called PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - fun, but very CPU/GPU intensive and my GPU is rather old

Yeah the HD 800 or new pairs of headphones in general sound good... but I'd rather pair it with the Euforia than the Elise ;x.

13. pctazhp
    My life is now complete. Schiit multibit DACs are finally being discussed on F-A threads. I don't even care that Bimby is being treated as the illegitimate son. I've just officially named my Bimby "Jon Snow".

14. UntilThen
    It's Bambi and one day you will grow up into a magnificent deer.

1172932_1359107412324_full.jpg

15. UntilThen
    Gungnir on the other hand is.... a spear !

Odin is the Norse Allfather of the Gods, riding on the 8 legged horse Sleipnir and welding the spear, Gungnir. Looks like it's more than a DAC.

odin_by_giye.jpg

First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last