Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #196 of 11,472
@UntilThen if you decided to come stateside, I could loan you mine, it is super hopped up, new siren and streamers!

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #198 of 11,472

Are you kidding me??? Elise sings like a chinese song bird. A pure diva. Just ask @richard68 ( I think that's his sign on). He loves Faye Wong and all the favourite chinese singers with his Elise.

I imagine Euforia will be better, no? 
wink_face.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway Richard is dancing now. So am I.

Cans cheaper than T1 for Elise and Euforia?  HD600 without a doubt.

Thought you might say that, UT....thanks (and yes, even better in Euforia!).

So, the HD600s are that good? And the 700s, @pctazhp?...quite a price difference, I suspect!...keep the recommendations coming, guys...
biggrin.gif

ps. The guy in question was also wondering about the amp comparison with 300b-based amps, but we're normally looking at different price category entirely of course!!!...

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #199 of 11,472
HD700 is $423 now on Amazon. I sold mine about a year ago, but guy I sold it to decided to get out of headphones. I tried to tell him he didn't have to wear them 24/7........forget that. Anyway he wanted the 700s to have a good home and gave them back to me for free a while back.

They do have the treble spike, but it's not too bad. I guess some don't even notice it. Very open and clear sounding, with well controlled bass. Worthy of consideration, perhaps.

Edit:  Speaking of a while back. I've got a weak back. Do you know how long I've had it? About a week back.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #203 of 11,472

Hi F R...given @DavidA's love of hi-fi, plus his exquisite taste in fermented liquids and gorgeous GFs, I would love to know his views on this lol!!
wink_face.gif

But sound - specifically music - certainly fires synapses right across the brain...and is so much more than an intellectual exercise, of course...whether it's emotional 'feeling' or mordy's (and others'!) 'toe-tapping' etc.etc....ie. truly wondrous!!...

Sorry F R, sound doesn't give me the most pleasure
tongue.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
With the stock tubes in the Elise which is quite a warm sounding amp the HD-600, 700, 800 or T1 would be my recommendations

If changing tubes to give a more neutral sound then the HD-650, HD-800S would be better choices IMO.

OTL amps and planars are not a pairing that I and many of my friends who have them care for or would recommend.  You lose the speed of the planar and the sound gets a little "Veiled" for lack of a better description but if the sound appeals to you then its all good. 

Higher end Grados and the Ypsilon and Nhoord drivers I've been playing with can sound quite nice with the stock tubes of the Elise and probably with Euforia for those that want to control or tame the highs which can be harsh/sibilant for some but I feel a hybrid or a warm SS amp does a better job due to the output impedance usually being much lower than most OTL designs.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #204 of 11,472
  Don't forget there's the V-Monk Plus. 
bigsmile_face.gif

It's actually quite curious you should mention the Monk. I'm catching a redeye tonight to Boston to visit my son and his family (including his mother - otherwise fondly known as my x-wife), The Monk is the only thing I have to take on the plane with my Galaxy S7.

Tonight I will be a pctazhp-flyer. Up, up and away
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #205 of 11,472
@pctazhp this is for you as you visit your "ex"

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #206 of 11,472
  @pctazhp this is for you as you visit your "ex"

Thanks CF. Sounds quite wonderful on the HD700s. Very nice send off.

I'm excited about the trip. It's been a long time. I couldn't be more proud of my son. He's my favorite man in the entire world and has a lovely and beautiful wife. Of course, my two grandchildren are the BEST. They keep me laughing constantly. Even more than you, my good friend)))

I'll check in before I leave, but probably won't be around here much for the next few days.

Edit:  In fairness I should also say that fortunately my ex and I have remained good friends over the years )))

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #207 of 11,472
That's great about you and your wife remaining friends. That is so important especially for your son and the grandchildren. After all he is part of both of you and the fact that he said success goes back to the two of you. You are truly blessed and I couldn't be happier for you. And now I will get off my soapbox. Have a good trip

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #208 of 11,472
Thanks everyone for your HP recommendations...such a difficult call...nearly as bad as tubes lol!!

I'm surprised at your removing the T1s from your top recommendation for non-stock tubes @DavidA, yet list the HD650s. In my own setup, although the 650s sound the best I've ever heard them, the T1s really are much more polished, exciting and involving...in fact for me, they're doing everything better lol! Perhaps it's "system synergy" at work here!...
wink_face.gif

This really is a case of needing to hear as many different cans in one's own system to get any proper idea...anything else is pure guess work IMHO...

But at least, hopefully, the enquirer can perhaps manage to somehow try out all you guys' suggestions...if he's extremely lucky lol!...and thanks once again...

Now it's back to Euforia and T1s...my own dream combo!...
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

G'night y'all...and HAPPY LISTENING!...

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #209 of 11,472
If you think about it it's kind of interesting here we are middle of page 14 on the thread and there's only one person that has the new amp. This thread is going to blow wide open once more these amp get in the hands of the users. Just my opinion of course

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #210 of 11,472
Oh awesome sauce now we can have an app that emulates the amp lol. Agreed though, the excitement is palpable and thus thread is making me even more excited than before I ordered. Looks like H1 may ultimately need someone to lift a 'lil weight off his shoulders though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back