Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #226 of 11,474
@hypnos1  I'll be doing some extensive test with EL12 on Elise ... that is a certainty. Perhaps it might like the fresh air down under and good old aussie jokes. 
beyersmile.png

It's terrible that I'm using Elise as a test bed before it goes into Euforia but that's how it will be in this cave. 
beyersmile.png

EL11 and EL12N does sound very good so far. Elise is cool to the touch with this combo after several hours.

Extra power will help the HE560 but my son has taken it back. In any case, ever since T1 came to me, I've preferred it over the HE560. T1 simply has more clarity and details (plus that soundstage) than HE560 on Elise. Astounding isn't it? Considering HE560 is no slouch. The HiFiman headphone is a very good sounding planar but I'll be the first to admit that OTL is best suited to dynamics headphone.

PS... rest assure I'll try out HE560 on Euforia.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #227 of 11,474
  @hypnos1  I'll be doing some extensive test with EL12 on Elise ... that is a certainty. Perhaps it might like the fresh air down under and good old aussie jokes. 
beyersmile.png

It's terrible that I'm using Elise as a test bed before it goes into Euforia but that's how it will be in this cave. 
beyersmile.png

EL11 and EL12N does sound very good so far. Elise is cool to the touch with this combo after several hours.

Extra power will help the HE560 but my son has taken it back. In any case, ever since T1 came to me, I've preferred it over the HE560. T1 simply has more clarity and details (plus that soundstage) than HE560 on Elise. Astounding isn't it? Considering HE560 is no slouch. The HiFiman headphone is a very good sounding planar but I'll be the first to admit that OTL is best suited to dynamics headphone.

PS... rest assure I'll try out HE560 on Euforia.

That's (semi-!) good news UT...you're a real pioneer...(just don't want you to cause 'Humphrey' any pain lol - he's been exceptionally kind to you so far!!
biggrin.gif
...). GOOD LUCK!...
beerchug.gif

ps. Hope you do indeed manage to try the 560s...just for comparison's sake!

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #228 of 11,474
@mordy You sir, are a trouble maker.  I was perfectly happy with the Senn 800 and then you had to post the ad for T1's, there were two left, sat here trying to decide, reloaded page, and there was only one left, you are horrible, I did mention that didn't I? Could not stand the suspense, so I got the last one. Had to do something while waiting for new amp. I had a pair of these last yea but after 3 weeks the left driver went out, I really liked them, but got the 800 next, which I also really like. Now I will have another decision to make, which headphone to use (when new amp gets here of course).  Well, it is nice to have choices, I guess. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, at this price it was a no brainer as @DavidA said.  I can see the future now, they find my lifeless body, shrunken from lack of food that I could no longer afford, wearing both pair of headphones listening to a new amp with no electricity.  It is on you my friend! (All in good fun of course)

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #229 of 11,474
Another photo of Elise with EL11 and EL12N. Next to it, the DV336se is shod with RCA 6sn7 coin base and Tung Sol 5998. It's not even close now the 2 amps. 

Elise with EL11 and EL12N simply check these boxes:-

High frequencies - good
Mid-range - good
Bass - good
Soundstage - good
Imaging - good
Details - great
Clarity - As clear as Polaroid
Transparency - see through. Make sure no one is around you. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #230 of 11,474
  @mordy You sir, are a trouble maker.  I was perfectly happy with the Senn 800 and then you had to post the ad for T1's, there were two left, sat here trying to decide, reloaded page, and there was only one left, you are horrible, I did mention that didn't I? Could not stand the suspense, so I got the last one. Had to do something while waiting for new amp. I had a pair of these last yea but after 3 weeks the left driver went out, I really liked them, but got the 800 next, which I also really like. Now I will have another decision to make, which headphone to use (when new amp gets here of course).  Well, it is nice to have choices, I guess. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, at this price it was a no brainer as @DavidA said.  I can see the future now, they find my lifeless body, shrunken from lack of food that I could no longer afford, wearing both pair of headphones listening to a new amp with no electricity.  It is on you my friend! (All in good fun of course)

Oh dear, cf...I fear that I too (not to mention @UntilThen) may just be equally guilty...but why am I not feeling too guilty lol?!!!
biggrin.gif
...WELL DONE!...
beerchug.gif

We're gonna have some real good cans to put Euforia through her paces...
L3000.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #231 of 11,474
I figured at this price even if I decided not to keep them I'd be able to resell them for what I have in them. But I know I really like them last time and if the seller would have offered to give me a new pair and return for the pair that were bad I would have taken them. But they only offered refunds so I bought the Sennheiser 800 instead. Well here's to happy headphones swapping once the new amp gets here

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #233 of 11,474
The only dynamic headphone comparable to a T1 but cheaper is a discounted (or second hand) T1.

They DO pop up VERY cheap sometimes, but you need to be quick. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Beyerdynamic-T1-Audiophile-Stereo-Headphone/product/B0031RD3YY?active=new&context=browse

Used STAX 404's are also in the same league - but of course you can't drive them with Elise or Euforia - mores the shame.

ps: Congrats on your new acquisition CF.
I'm sure there will be some interest in how the T1 compare to the HD-800s with these amps.
(no - I won't ask you to DBT).
deadhorse.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #234 of 11,474

ps: Congrats on your new acquisition CF.
I'm sure there will be some interest in how the T1 compare to the HD-800s with these amps.
(no - I won't ask you to DBT).
deadhorse.gif

We'll get him to do RBT - Random Breath Testing.

I can tell it's a T1 now even if blind folded. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #236 of 11,474
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #237 of 11,474
Sorry this is the one I have hit the wrong key, must stop for dinner.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #238 of 11,474
Or how about Jesse Sykes?

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #239 of 11,474
Goodnight

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #240 of 11,474
Is nobody awake at 3:30 a.m. except me It is soooooo boooorrrrring without the Elise.  Used to be if I could not sleep I would put on the phones and mellow out for a few hours.  Don't want to turn on the main speakers at this hour, as I would like it at a decent level and the neighbors are all asleep. I forgot this would happen before I sold my Elise. I must stay off Ebay and Amazon, don't be tempted to buy stuff. I suppose I do some paint prep work but that is boring tool Oh no one around here, better move on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back