Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 19, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #211 of 11,474
That's great about you and your wife remaining friends. That is so important especially for your son and the grandchildren. After all he is part of both of you and the fact that he said success goes back to the two of you. You are truly blessed and I couldn't be happier for you. And now I will get off my soapbox. Have a good trip

Thanks CF for your very kind words.

If I'm not asleep I'll wave to you as I fly over tonight))

A lot of great things lie ahead for us Euforia guys)))

Wish you and everyone a great weekend
gs1000.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #212 of 11,474
Back at you

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #213 of 11,474

He's also looking for cans that might equal the T1s, but for less money...any ideas, after your experience with Elise?

Sorry I did not read your question thoroughly. There are no cans that might equal the T1s for less money. Nit, nada, zip, impossible. 
etysmile.gif

HD600 is a cheaper alternative but it's not in the same league as T1. Details, clarity and soundstage with a tight fisted bass are all part of T1's resume.

I probably could love HD800 with Elise but right now T1 floats my boat. This is the sound signature that I like. Others will have their preference.

My T1 runs with a Litz ultra pure 7N OCC copper cable. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #214 of 11,474

Sorry I did not read your question thoroughly. There are no cans that might equal the T1s for less money. Nit, nada, zip, impossible. 
etysmile.gif

HD600 is a cheaper alternative but it's not in the same league as T1. Details, clarity and soundstage with a tight fisted bass are all part of T1's resume.

I probably could love HD800 with Elise but right now T1 floats my boat. This is the sound signature that I like. Others will have their preference.

My T1 runs with a Litz ultra pure 7N OCC copper cable. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks UT...and yes, I agree...I personally haven't managed to find reports of any similar types of HP that can match the T1s for less...perhaps 2017 might just throw something into the mix lol!
wink_face.gif

And now for something rather worrying...DL and H13 are both finding problems with the ST EL12 as opposed to the straight bottle 12N...there could possibly be actual differences in spec between them that our amps don't like, so it looks like we're gonna have to be VERY CAREFUL in trialling these versions!!

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #215 of 11,474

Thanks UT...and yes, I agree...I personally haven't managed to find reports of any similar types of HP that can match the T1s for less...perhaps 2017 might just throw something into the mix lol!
wink_face.gif

And now for something rather worrying...DL and H13 are both finding problems with the ST EL12 as opposed to the straight bottle 12N...there could possibly be actual differences in spec between them that our amps don't like, so it looks like we're gonna have to be VERY CAREFUL in trialling these versions!!

That's very plausible H1

I'll stick to the straight bottle EL12's for now. They sound great anyway.
My coke bottle shaped EL11's have all been fine.

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #216 of 11,474
To me it would not seem to be a problem with ST-shaped EL12's with the Elise, but rather some manufacturing issue that caused them to be easily damaged in transit, because from the very first moment one of mine was not lighting on the the Elise, and it had about 30% greater gain than RFT EL12's, sounding very refined with no distortion. And the seller said he re-tested them just before sending (long haul from Germany). Didn't you successfully use several bottle shaped EL12's also H1?

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #217 of 11,474
  To me it would not seem to be a problem with ST-shaped EL12's with the Elise, but rather some manufacturing issue that caused them to be easily damaged in transit, because from the very first moment one of mine was not lighting on the the Elise, and it had about 30% greater gain than RFT EL12's, sounding very refined with no distortion. And the seller said he re-tested them just before sending (long haul from Germany). Didn't you successfully use several bottle shaped EL12's also H1?

No, all my EL11 tubes are dark glass coke bottle shaped Telefunken and work fine. My EL12 tubes are all straight RFT's, which all work fine. I have one Siemens EL12 coke bottle shaped tube that also works OK.

It could be a transit problem I guess-maybe after all these years some coke bottle shaped EL12 tubes have become peculiarly fragile for some reason.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #218 of 11,474
@HOWIE13  @DecentLevi are the problematic 'coke' shaped EL12  new old stock or advertised as 'used'? It's probably just bad tubes rather than it not being compatible with Elise, because Howie did have a Siemens EL12 and DL a Valvo EL12 that worked.

These are 40s and 50s tubes. I'm not surprised if they are dead on arrival. Get a refund though.

I've a RFT and Telefunken EL12 (both NOS) incoming and I'll see if they have the same problem.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #219 of 11,474
Came home from work yesterday and my other pair of adapters for EL11 has arrived. Listened to the EL11 and EL12N combo for a few hours then went to bed. 

Both EL11 and EL12N had enough hours on them prior. I had listened to them separately but never together. Now at 5am, I'm listening to them together again... a continuation from last night. In the quietness and calmness of the early morning, Obi-wan kenobi appeared and told me 'This is the Chosen One'. 
beyersmile.png

This combo looks as good as it sounds or sounds as good as it looks, however way you want to look at it. 
etysmile.gif

That's enough impressions for now while I savour more of this lovely tone.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #220 of 11,474
  @HOWIE13  @DecentLevi are the problematic 'coke' shaped EL12  new old stock or advertised as 'used'? It's probably just bad tubes rather than it not being compatible with Elise, because Howie did have a Siemens EL12 and DL a Valvo EL12 that worked.

These are 40s and 50s tubes. I'm not surprised if they are dead on arrival. Get a refund though.

I've a RFT and Telefunken EL12 (both NOS) incoming and I'll see if they have the same problem.

Yes I got refunded, without problem. They were advertised as NOS, whatever that REALLY means 'cos at their age how could a seller know the tube's provenance for certain?
Hope your tubes work out- if not the RFT straight bottle EL12's are brilliant anyway as powers, as we have both discovered. Good lookers too.
gs1000.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #221 of 11,474
  Yes I got refunded, without problem. They were advertised as NOS, whatever that REALLY means 'cos at their age how could a seller know the tube's provenance for certain?
Hope your tubes work out- if not the RFT straight bottle EL12's are brilliant anyway as powers, as we have both discovered. Good lookers too.
gs1000.gif

True. I've NOS tubes that arrived where the boxes looks like they have been eaten by rabbits and pins that looked like they have been in an Egyptian mummy for centuries.

However when you clean them and they light up on your tube amp and reward you with the most lovelies of lovely musical notes, it's like you have punted on the right horse at the race.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #223 of 11,474
Well, guys...it looks like the ST-bottle EL12 issue is still "undecided" - it would probably have been wiser to ask Lukasz first if the differemt spec to EL11 just might cause problems...I personally always do so before recommending any tube (unless I have conducted very extensive trials first, over a very long period lol!
wink_face.gif
)...And no, @DecentLevi, I haven't yet tried the EL12 or 12N...perhaps your post was directed at H13?

However, I do hope @UntilThen that you have no problems with your own ST 12s...I'm still a little apprehensive about this tube, and its several iterations! But even so, I shall give at least one of my RFTs a try, to see how things are with my own adapting...
biggrin.gif

It's nice to hear that the 12Ns appear to be behaving themselves, though, and that they are sounding so good for so little money!

UT...with F-A confirming the extra power output from Euforia, it's gonna be REAL interesting to see what it does for your HE560s...perhaps this just might open up more opportunities for planar magnetic lovers?!!
darthsmile.gif

ps. Fear not DL...if (when!) I start to flag, the "Old Geezers" here will be more than up to the task of keeping my head above water lol!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
...CHEERS! all...

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #224 of 11,474
  US Amazon has the T1 Gen 1 for $599.-:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031RD3YY/ref=pe_2602570_223483040_em_1p_1_ti

Only two left whatever that means

Wish you didn't post this LOL, I was thinking of getting a second T1 since it looks like my son is not going to return the one he borrowed any time soon, if ever.  Only problem is I would still need to do the mini-XLR mod for removable cables again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back