Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 19, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #166 of 11,460
EUFORIA
shall make touchdown on earth...

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Seriously man??:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And now everyone knows who to blame for pushing you to take the leap! (Honestly, I'm pretty sure the Elise thread will die with so many of you lovely people jumping ship. Fortunately it looks like we can lurk around here to get our entertainment!)

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #167 of 11,460

Congratulations DL on making the same highly irresponsible well-informed decision as the rest of us poo-poo birds
wink.gif

Yesterday I learned how to cut and paste on my computer, so I want to show off my new skill by updating your list:

97 - UT
98 - ?
99 - @connieflyer
100 - @mordy
101 - @aqsw 
102 - ?
103 - pctazhp (*)
104 - ?
105 - DecentLevi

* Scheduled for April 30 delivery

I'm wondering if the invoice numbers are shared between Elise and Euforia.

That means 98, 102 and 104 could be Elise buyers.

Also  Lukasz told me there were already some Euforia orders before me. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #168 of 11,460
I apologise for buying into the DBT debate, and will refrain from doing so again.
I did find the POO acronym mildly amusing, (I like immature acronyms) but also felt it was unfairly directed at H1.

I think we need MORE acronyms in this thread:

Can't Remember Any Problems - CRAP
Sure Can Attest (to) That - SCAT
Totally Underrated Beautiful Electronics - TUBE
Eternally Lovely, In Service Everywhere - ELISE (looking to the future)
Everything U Fort Of Rolled Into Amp -  EUFORIA

Sorry - tired after a double shift yesterday, have tomorrow off, started drinking already...

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #169 of 11,460
  I apologise for buying into the DBT debate, and will refrain from doing so again.
I did find the POO acronym mildly amusing, (I like immature acronyms) but also felt it was unfairly directed at H1.

Sorry - tired after a double shift yesterday, have tomorrow off, started drinking already...

I'm going to catch up soon.....waiting for GF to get out of the shower so we can meet the others

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #170 of 11,460
Hello everyone !

im new here on headfi.
i see that everyone is asking who number 98 is on the list 
confused.gif

that would be me 
atsmile.gif

thanks to hypnos1 because of him i orderd the euforia just in time 
beerchug.gif

because i all ready ordered the normale elise,
it was my last week of waiting for the elise to arrive
till hypnos1 said that there wil be a new elise
so i sad to lukasz that i would rather want the euforia than the elise.

so thank you

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #171 of 11,460
@Apo89 welcome to Head-Fi and welcome to Euforia thread. It's significant that you choose this thread for your first post. 
beerchug.gif

What did Lukasz say when you told him you wanted to change your order from Elise to Euforia? Are you out of your mind!!!!! No kidding. He wouldn't say that. I'm sure he was happy you decided to upgrade before you even received Elise. You are more dedicated than any of us.

Well now we know who 98 is. That's a big load off our mind.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #172 of 11,460
thank you !

:D no he was happy (i hope so)
he just said the words sread quickley :D
im happy that i heard the news before my elise came in
or else i would be wandering but how much better the euforia would be :D

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #173 of 11,460
  I'm wondering if the invoice numbers are shared between Elise and Euforia.

That means 98, 102 and 104 could be Elise buyers.

Also  Lukasz told me there were already some Euforia orders before me. 

Hi UT....yep, I should imagine you're right there - 104 new orders would have poor Henryk thinking "what have I created here?"...let alone the production team lol!!
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif
...(not to mention yours truly...and all those extra hitmen after me if my ears have suddenly gone South/North/West/East, whichever!!!
redface.gif
tongue.gif
...).

Hi S67...I can assure you it wasn't used in any remotely amusing way, I'm afraid...and not as acronym lol! (there's a certain history here alas, known only to some...
redface.gif
...).

Love your own ones though...especially the last two!
biggrin.gif
...(were those before the tipples, or after?!!! 
wink_face.gif
).

Hello everyone !

im new here on headfi.
i see that everyone is asking who number 98 is on the list 
confused.gif

that would be me 
atsmile.gif

thanks to hypnos1 because of him i orderd the euforia just in time 
beerchug.gif

because i all ready ordered the normale elise,
it was my last week of waiting for the elise to arrive
till hypnos1 said that there wil be a new elise
so i sad to lukasz that i would rather want the euforia than the elise.

so thank you

Yikes, Apo89...as UT says...that sure is keen!. But congrats on choosing a Feliks amp...would be interested to know what features enticed you away from the excellent Elise lol
tongue.gif

Glad also you managed to get the early discount - that sure was good of Lukasz to change the order for you so late in the day...but then, it will mean someone else gets their Elise that much earlier!...good for them too!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #174 of 11,460

You are the first Australian made jokes so serious, haha

Hi Seamaster...first, that was tragic news re. your McIntosh lol!
eek.gif
...commiserations. All my interconnects have silver plated outers...shall be extra careful from now on!

Interesting re. just one output channel of stereo taking load, as would indeed happen as per @mordy's mention of one HP driver down...presumably, in our amps, this equates to running the amp at high volume setting with no cans attached?...(not normally advised whatever the amp, I believe...).

And as you've probably gathered by now, we old (sic!!) Elise owners can have some rather weird senses of humour sometimes...especially a certain demi-God Down Under! (
wink.gif
tongue.gif
), closely followed by too many to mention LOL!!...(you'll soon get to know them if you hang around!!
biggrin.gif
)....CHEERS!...

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #175 of 11,460
  and all those extra hitmen after me if my ears have suddenly gone South/North/West/East, whichever!!!
redface.gif
tongue.gif
...).

Not to worry. Even Lukasz say that Euforia is 1 or 2 league above Elise. Feliks Audio had a good listen to Euforia and deem it a substantial improvement, to sell it as a higher grade model of their headphone tubeamp range.

Of course that is a manner of expression. As 'in a different league' but we could also take that literally and put in some numbers...

Now we know that 1 league is 3 nautical miles or if you're a metric person, that's 5.556 kilometres. That's quite some distance. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #176 of 11,460

Not to worry. Even Lukasz say that Euforia is 1 or 2 league above Elise. Feliks Audio had a good listen to Euforia and deem it a substantial improvement, to sell it as a higher grade model of their headphone tubeamp range.

Of course that is a manner of expression. As 'in a different league' but we could also take that literally and put in some numbers...

Now we know that 1 league is 3 nautical miles or if you're a metric person, that's 5.556 kilometres. That's quite some distance. 
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks for your reassurance UT...and faith in my judgment lol!
biggrin.gif
  But, y'know, until someone else (or, rather, a good few!!) corroborates your own findings, there's always a certain 'frisson' in the air...well, for me anyway...(not such a brash, carefree youngster any more alas!!
redface.gif
).

But my own version of mordy's "toe-tapping" - ie. feeling the music - continues to strike me with each new piece of well-trodden music I bring to my (still, alas, test-bed!), and thus reinforces my confidence a good bit...'cos I don't want to disappoint anyone who is investing not a small amount of money in this amp...
wink.gif
...Sometimes I feel I shan't be able to truly just listen and enjoy my music until others are enjoying their own amps...my analytical/critical 'left brain' keeps butting in, darned thing...
redface.gif

Anyway, mon ami, I'm suddenly feeling a bit of DL's wonderfully (youthful!) OTT enthusiasm here...viz just how many leagues to your neck of the woods lol?!!!
wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif
darthsmile.gif
...(well, I did say Euforia is indeed an 'Amazonian' she, after all...(enough smileys...)....apart from...
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #177 of 11,460

tongue_smile.gif

Just to set everything in perspective. This is measure of difference between my Little Dot MKIV and Elise. I think Lukasz probably being very conservative in his league measurements.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #178 of 11,460
Hi guys... interesting  UPDATE from Lukasz at F-A.

Firstly, as recommended/asked for by an Elise member some time ago (sorry, can't remember who) as another improvement, Euforia's new power circuit now includes reduction of the "power off" spike that can be disconcerting for some...welcome news indeed!...for you lucky guys anyway, my prototype is without alas (but doesn't actually bother me too much anyway lol
bigsmile_face.gif
).

Secondly, after @canthearyou's query a while back, they looked more closely into the actual power output figure and discovered it is in fact 10 to 20% greater than Elise after all...and so will benefit more power hungry headphones, as well as contributing to the more dynamic/powerful sound...so more good news!!

Now for my own update on tube acquisition lol...1x RFT EL12 (ST bottle) and 2x RFT EL12Ns (straight bottle)...and although I'm strictly a "Coke Bottle" fan, I must admit these 'N's look really nice...am very much looking forward to seeing just how the two types perform...as power tubes!!...but not until I get the OK from Lukasz that they should in fact at least not cause any damage to the amp...even though several folks have already tried them in their Elises with no apparent problems (as POWERS at least!) and to great acclaim...
biggrin.gif
...I'm especially keen to see just how they compare to my all time favourite power tubes - the GEC/Osram CV2523/A1834...but this will be a while yet, methinks...   :

ps. There's something about (old) triode-strapped pentodes that gets me more interested/excited by the day lol!
wink_face.gif
...along with @UntilThen, amongst many others (once again!
wink.gif
).

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #179 of 11,460
Well , I put my Liquid Carbon and my Elise up for sale wanting to help fund my Euforia purchase, as I only need two amps. One for home and one for my office.
I would keep whichever one that did not sell first.

The Cavalli sold very quickly, which means I will have the Elise in my office and the Euforia in my home. I'm very happy with this.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #180 of 11,460
  Well , I put my Liquid Carbon and my Elise up for sale wanting to help fund my Euforia purchase, as I only need two amps. One for home and one for my office.
I would keep whichever one that did not sell first.

The Cavalli sold very quickly, which means I will have the Elise in my office and the Euforia in my home. I'm very happy with this.

Good news aqsw...and so now you too will be able to compare the two side-by-side...(even if not 100% perfectly lol!
wink_face.gif
). The Cavalli name is indeed well-established in the head-fi community...F-A are still relative newcomers - but the name is spreading more and more...justifiably so IMHO...
biggrin.gif

Hope you don't have to wait too long for Euforia...sure is lonely here...(plus, I need some extra protection, it would appear!!!
redface.gif
tongue.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back