Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 18, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #151 of 11,472
  I just need to say this one more time. The F-A people not only make very special amps, but they are wonderful to deal with. I hope that someday I will have the pleasure of meeting Lukasz and/or his father.

Well, my dear pct...if you do indeed manage to get to London CanJam in July, not only will you be seeing my ugly face, but also Lukasz and some of his team (don't know exactly who else yet, alas)...they will be exhibiting there...(sorry if I'm repeating what you already know lol!
wink_face.gif
).

And I agree with everything you say about Lukasz and the rest of his family...and whoever else is part of the team lol!
biggrin.gif
...I still can't believe how fortunate I was in first approaching them those years back...
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif
...a wonderful "family firm"...
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #152 of 11,472
Lukasz speaking on behalf of Feliks Audio says (quoting @DecentLevi correspondence with him)

1. RE the sonic performance of Elise compared to Euforia:
    "we havent yet confirmed face to face, but we believe it's now playing in 1 or 2 higher league than Elise"

I suppose you'll tell him to do a blind test or it's just POO.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #153 of 11,472
Jan 18, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #157 of 11,472
Hi S,

Sometimes my headphones conk out on one channel - are you saying that it is harmful for the amp if I only can hear say the right channel? This does not mean mono to me, only that I hear one half of the sound picture.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #159 of 11,472
Well, I have no idea what you're on about. I suggest you get off the booze.

Just for an example: (Depends on how the amp is designed, but there is always a chance)

I shorted my McIntosh MA6900 accidentally by using metal (Cardas) RCA shielding plugs on one set of the signal output, after about 30min play very loud classical music, the power guard protection bar (acted like a fuse) melted on the autoformers! Now, I am using plastic RCA shielding plugs

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #160 of 11,472
  Hi S,

Sometimes my headphones conk out on one channel - are you saying that it is harmful for the amp if I only can hear say the right channel? This does not mean mono to me, only that I hear one half of the sound picture.

Try to leave like that over night, see what happens, the damage does not happen right away or MAYBE at low volume level. When I fried my MA6900, the amp was working very hard at very loud level.

I am mainly talking about plugging mono into stereo output, BTW.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #161 of 11,472
  Couldn't have said it better myself @pctazhp, albeit I have heard systems in the past that are transcendental (in @DecentLevi's terminology)—e.g. the Lamm/Verity system I posted before.

As for @DecentLevi, I'm convinced that the poor lad just wants someone to tip him over to the Euforia's bandwagon. To this I say: man, you've got all the fancy tubes and all the fancy headphones—just get on with it! I'm only wary about the others having to cope with your quirky ravings about how the new Euforia with the X tube combination stand for a:
:innocent:

Yup, you read me well Angpsi - I was just about ready to spring for the Euforia and just wanted that little bit of extra coercion, and looks like I've got just that... I feel confident this won't be one of those "careful what you ask for" things, because I've now secured my "place in Euforia", LOL. I have invoice 105.

Lukasz speaking on behalf of Feliks Audio says (quoting @DecentLevi correspondence with him)

1. RE the sonic performance of Elise compared to Euforia:
    "we havent yet confirmed face to face, but we believe it's now playing in 1 or 2 higher league than Elise"

I suppose you'll tell him to do a blind test or it's just POO.

Sounds like a joke, I've asked them no such thing

Trying to piece together the tally now..

97 - UT
98 - ?
99 - @connieflyer
100 - @mordy
101 - @aqsw 
102-104 - ?
105 - DecentLevi

I've got a feeling this thread's sure to light up like wildfire in a few months when everyone receives their Euforia. And I hope not only former Elise owners will take the plunge on this amp...

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #163 of 11,472
  Yup, you read me well Angpsi - I was just about ready to spring for the Euforia and just wanted that little bit of extra coercion, and looks like I've got just that... I feel confident this won't be one of those "careful what you ask for" things, because I've now secured my "place in Euforia", LOL. I have invoice 105.

Sounds like a joke, I've asked them no such thing

Trying to piece together the tally now..

97 - UT
98 - ?
99 - @connieflyer
100 - @mordy
101 - @aqsw 
102-104 - ?
105 - DecentLevi

I've got a feeling this thread's sure to light up like wildfire in a few months when everyone receives their Euforia. And I hope not only former Elise owners will take the plunge on this amp...

Congratulations DL on making the same highly irresponsible well-informed decision as the rest of us poo-poo birds
wink.gif

Yesterday I learned how to cut and paste on my computer, so I want to show off my new skill by updating your list:

97 - UT
98 - ?
99 - @connieflyer
100 - @mordy
101 - @aqsw 
102 - ?
103 - pctazhp (*)
104 - ?
105 - DecentLevi

* Scheduled for April 30 delivery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back