Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 5, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #5,507 of 6,931
Yes. Many of us have.

If you buy the performance version, you can live with the stock tubes for a few months. If you’re inexperienced with tubes, still be blown away by them, just on the amp’s merits, and not knowing any better will help at the start.

Then read this thread, the HA300-2 one, the 6SN7 one, the 6j5 one, and the 300b Amps one.

Then lube your debit card.
Could I be so forward as to ask for links on where to purchase these at? I'm not familiar with good tube companies as the Envy will only be my second tube amp. My first being a TA-22, still using the stock tubes. I would like to upgrade those as well.

Mar 5, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #5,508 of 6,931
Honestly I see @ThanatosVI descision to blind buy the AE Envy as a tribute to how great the base variant is. From the leaks I saw, AE is absolutely stunning.
Absolutely. Feliks Audio delivered an absolutely stunning amplifier with the Envy.
They are the only manufacturer I trust, when they say they bested it.

Even though I can't imagine that it will be a huge improvement, I trust that it will be worthwhile

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #5,509 of 6,931
Could I be so forward as to ask for links on where to purchase these at? I'm not familiar with good tube companies as the Envy will only be my second tube amp. My first being a TA-22, still using the stock tubes. I would like to upgrade those as well.
You can search through the threads for the tubes that interest you, and search for them. Unfortunately, one needs to do one’s own homework in this regard. Asking for links to a specific tube of interest, if someone has shared one, is fair game though.

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #5,510 of 6,931
As has already been mentioned, have a read of the various tube type/threads and get an idea of the popular ones. And my suggestion for a hassle free, no worries purchase would be LANGREX here in the UK. Good tubes and a no hassle tube replacement if noisy/faulty.

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #5,511 of 6,931
You can search through the threads for the tubes that interest you, and search for them. Unfortunately, one needs to do one’s own homework in this regard. Asking for links to a specific tube of interest, if someone has shared one, is fair game though.
As has already been mentioned, have a read of the various tube type/threads and get an idea of the popular ones. And my suggestion for a hassle free, no worries purchase would be LANGREX here in the UK. Good tubes and a no hassle tube replacement if noisy/faulty.
I've been looking through the pages. Was more curious of a good vendor. Thank you for the recommendation. Greatly appreciated. Will continue to read further about tubes. Still new to this part of the hobby as I've always been into Solid States. If langrex ships to the US, I'd be happy to send business their way once I know more!

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #5,513 of 6,931
Well, we already had the post about being ~15k, so if that's true it's a lot (more).
For that amount i would probably try to get a Shangri-La with a nice Energizer (i know it's another gap, but still).

On the other hand, yesterday i watched the latest Convince Me Audio video about the X9000 and his conclusion is brutal, the X9k is not worth it compared to the Susvara.
I know the Shangri-La is (if you like the tonality), but i originally wanted to get into some Stax this or next year, hmmm...

Maybe the new Immanis is the solution as the next upgrade and @ThanatosVI is a genius. Can't wait for reviews on that one.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #5,514 of 6,931
Well, we already had the post about being ~15k, so if that's true it's a lot (more).
For that amount i would probably try to get a Shangri-La with a nice Energizer (i know it's another gap, but still).

On the other hand, yesterday i watched the latest Convince Me Audio video about the X9000 and his conclusion is brutal, the X9k is not worth it compared to the Susvara.
I know the Shangri-La is (if you like the tonality), but i originally wanted to get into some Stax this or next year, hmmm...

Maybe the new Immanis is the solution as the next upgrade and @ThanatosVI is a genius. Can't wait for reviews on that one.
15k is a bit much but im sure it will sound amazing. I know its not just the tubes that makes the difference. But TBH if i have 15k to spare for an amp (which i don't), i'd maybe try something different, save up abit more for the woo 300b monoblocks. One can dream. 😆

Anyway, has anyone used or like psvane ACME supreme 300b envy? Any impressions would be great.

Thank you

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #5,515 of 6,931
With 6SN7 it's different. There are a few expensive NOS upgrades, but also the stock PSVane CV-181-T-MII are quite good.
Linlai E-6SN7 Elite or Apos Ray 6SN7 Reserve would also be readily available upgrades with some warranty. (Had only 1.5h with the Apos though, it did sound really good tho - there is a possibility that these are only very well measuring relabeled PSVaneCV-181-T-MII, I can neither confirm nor deny it at this point)
Spent this morning going back and forth between the PSVanes & Apos Reserve. Fairly certain they're the exact same tube. Every time I thought maybe the Apos were better because I was hearing harshness in some part of the song on the PSVanes it would be there on the Apos too. Several headphones now, a few different 300B, lastly using the DCA Stealth for isolation and because they have a lot of clarity and detail. $400 for tubes I already own! Oh well. I guess that's why the company is ignoring most of the questions on their thread. Maybe they are the best measuring of PSVanes but they're not even saying. What's silly is they're claiming they have these stockpile because 95% of them aren't good enough. So are they buying a ton at random and measuring and selling only the best of those? What company would keep doing business with another company providing them only 5% good enough to sell? No company because that's likely not happening. All that said, after a year of listening to tons of tubes other than the stock PSVanes, the stock tubes are much better than I realized.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #5,516 of 6,931
Spent this morning going back and forth between the PSVanes & Apos Reserve. Fairly certain they're the exact same tube. Every time I thought maybe the Apos were better because I was hearing harshness in some part of the song on the PSVanes it would be there on the Apos too. Several headphones now, a few different 300B, lastly using the DCA Stealth for isolation and because they have a lot of clarity and detail. $400 for tubes I already own! Oh well. I guess that's why the company is ignoring most of the questions on their thread. Maybe they are the best measuring of PSVanes but they're not even saying. What's silly is they're claiming they have these stockpile because 95% of them aren't good enough. So are they buying a ton at random and measuring and selling only the best of those? What company would keep doing business with another company providing them only 5% good enough to sell? No company because that's likely not happening. All that said, after a year of listening to tons of tubes other than the stock PSVanes, the stock tubes are much better than I realized.
Psvane factory is doing it for them at a premium probably. And APOs qc will measure again when they receive shipment as well, or request measurement data before psvane tranships directly to customer. Its a common practice in manufacturing. Psvane site i read somewhere(can fact check me on this) states that only 15% make it to the cv181 class and some 5%. So if apos takes all the 5%, the cv181s in the market are now the 2nd best measuring 6sn7s they produce. The top most goes to apos. Psvane technically makes more money by partnering with apos. We customers have to decide whether the 5% top most matched is worth the premium. And also accept that psvane cv181 doesn't change much just that the top5% matched is allocated to apos. I am sure a factory like psvane will also have quality tier 3 and 4 going to other no name, domestic only tubes. Theres a market for every tier.
This just my opinion, but taking into context how big manufacterers manage their supply chain, and sales its logical. Not just in electronics but everything else.

Thanks for the impressions.. 😊

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #5,517 of 6,931
DELETED (found answer earlier in thread)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #5,518 of 6,931
If someone is selling a matched pair of Brimar 6SN7GT CV1988 driver tubes for £35 on ebay, are there red flags about that? Seems very cheap the way some people talk about them on this thread (though I know they're not the best or anything).

Full listing is here if anyone is interested: Brimar listing on eBay

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #5,519 of 6,931
If someone is selling a matched pair of Brimar 6SN7GT CV1988 driver tubes for £35 on ebay, are there red flags about that? Seems very cheap the way some people talk about them on this thread (though I know they're not the best or anything).

Full listing is here if anyone is interested: Brimar listing on eBay
Those aren’t the UK Brimars but Russian stuff. Totally different.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #5,520 of 6,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back