Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #5,491 of 6,949
Well the masses will get to know the price on 9th of March.

I think guys like us who have the order already in, know the price already but are asked not to reveal prematurely
Well, we are a very private group...

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #5,492 of 6,949
My Amp is gone for half an hour and I miss it already.
@ThanatosVI I know your feeling mate! I'm away for more than 2 weeks already and I do miss it too. Fortunately when I will be back Envy should be waiting for me :wink: On the other hand considering your purchase the missing feeling will be quickly healed when the package arrives :) Looking forward for your impressions.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #5,493 of 6,949
@ThanatosVI I know your feeling mate! I'm away for more than 2 weeks already and I do miss it too. Fortunately when I will be back Envy should be waiting for me :wink: On the other hand considering your purchase the missing feeling will be quickly healed when the package arrives :) Looking forward for your impressions.
Well I will be around to share impressions.
And to make it more interesting, there will be another surprise :wink:

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #5,494 of 6,949
Well I will be around to share impressions.
And to make it more interesting, there will be another surprise :wink:
@ThanatosVI I'm afraid to ask... :wink: What ever it is congrats and enjoy it mate! Looking forward to it as well. :)

If I will have a bit of luck I may be able to listen to a different tube amp later today and I'm really looking forward to it.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #5,495 of 6,949
From what I know about the pricing - it might be out of the ballpark even of the most Envy owners. Personally zero regrets getting "just" the perfomance edition. Cant wait for @ThanatosVI Envy to come in this week.

One more question regarding Elrogs, I often read that Elrogs dont sound as tubey as the stock, takatsuki or western electric 300b. I am definitly not aiming for solid state sounding amp, but would enjoy some tube sweatness after a year with solid state. Is there a indepth comparison of currently popular 300b tubes anywhere? Sorry if its already posted somewhere in the thread, couldnt find it yet.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #5,496 of 6,949
From what I know about the pricing - it might be out of the ballpark even of the most Envy owners. Personally zero regrets getting "just" the perfomance edition. Cant wait for @ThanatosVI Envy to come in this week.

One more question regarding Elrogs, I often read that Elrogs dont sound as tubey as the stock, takatsuki or western electric 300b. I am definitly not aiming for solid state sounding amp, but would enjoy some tube sweatness after a year with solid state. Is there a indepth comparison of currently popular 300b tubes anywhere? Sorry if its already posted somewhere in the thread, couldnt find it yet.
I don't have a link to a direct comparison, but this thread here might have some good input.
Maybe try the search function limited on the thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphone-tube-amps-the-hunt-for-all-300b-tube-amps.962932/

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #5,498 of 6,949
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #5,499 of 6,949
Hi guys, how does one order from APOs the RAY tubes if not living in the US or Canada?
You may be in luck as previously you could only choose USA or Canada.

1709643012671.png

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #5,501 of 6,949
Oh that's a shame.

As @ThanatosVI said ping them an email.

I will try for a pair at some point as well so we'll see if it works to the UK.

Cheers

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #5,502 of 6,949
Just thought I would check :frowning2:

1709644307414.png

Do let us know what they say as a few of us have been looking for some decent new production 6SN7s for a while. :beerchug:

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #5,503 of 6,949

@Leto Dal congrats on your new Envy - you will be very happy with it.

I am brave enough to admit here on Head-fi that Envy Performance is my endgame tube amp. There are so many tube to roll and so much more to explore that I have a plenty of time ahead of me and a lot of great music with joy.

At the same time I completely understand @ThanatosVI decision to move on :) Being a member of small private club may also be of some additional value reaching far behind the SQ.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #5,504 of 6,949
Honestly I see @ThanatosVI descision to blind buy the AE Envy as a tribute to how great the base variant is. From the leaks I saw, AE is absolutely stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back