Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 4, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #5,476 of 7,116
I agree that standby is to prevent wear and tear on the tubes. I don't think it will harm envy to leave it on 8 hours a day.
When in standby though the tubes go completely cold, so does this mean there is no voltages going to the tubes? So it wouldn’t make any difference turning off via the back. Also, I have been told by a professional that whenever a tube is powered up, it will be consuming it’s life.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #5,477 of 7,116
Tubes are completely cold on standby so I don't believe voltage is going through them. I could be wrong. I don't think it makes a difference in standby or from the back. Tube life is consumed while powered up so if you use my 8 hour example and only listen for one hour, you've used 8 hours of the tube's life that it could've been powered off.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #5,478 of 7,116
So these arrived today:
20240304_110221.jpg

I listened to them for like an hour, and it sounded very promising and then @Leto Dal bought my listed Envy.

Now everything is packed and ready to be shipped, which means Tube Impressions have to wait until my Envy 25th Anniversary Edition arrives which can be two months from now :frowning2:

Q

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #5,479 of 7,116
So these arrived today:
20240304_110221.jpg
I listened to them for like an hour, and it sounded very promising and then @Leto Dal bought my listed Envy.

Now everything is packed and ready to be shipped, which means Tube Impressions have to wait until my Envy 25th Anniversary Edition arrives which can be two months from now :frowning2:

Q
You can send them my way too, gladly test them for you hahaa

And yeah thanks again for the sale, cant wait for Envy.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #5,481 of 7,116
Been reading through a lot of posts here. Have a lot of you "upgraded" or changed out the tubes ont he Envy? I'm looking to purchase one from Headphones.com and was curious if I'll be good with the stock tubes for awhile or if I'll want to change them rigth away? Thanks!

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #5,482 of 7,116
Yes. Many of us have.

If you buy the performance version, you can live with the stock tubes for a few months. If you’re inexperienced with tubes, still be blown away by them, just on the amp’s merits, and not knowing any better will help at the start.

Then read this thread, the HA300-2 one, the 6SN7 one, the 6j5 one, and the 300b Amps one.

Then lube your debit card.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #5,483 of 7,116
is the jump to Elrogs or western electric that significant compared to Fullmusic? I mean fullmusic are supposed to be the “performance” upgrade by Feliks Audio haha

Any European retailers you would recommend buying nos tubes from?

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #5,485 of 7,116
is the jump to Elrogs or western electric that significant compared to Fullmusic? I mean fullmusic are supposed to be the “performance” upgrade by Feliks Audio haha

Oh absolutely. I'd say even the Genelex Gold Lion and JJs are a significant step up, with Elrogs & WE being a proportionally larger jump. I recently purchased the Full Music out of curiousity and immediately sold them (and the stock PSVanes are much worse). Full Music are on the tubey side, but with more boomy bass and muddy sounding in comparison to the others. All the 300Bs I've owned I would put above either stock tube.
Been reading through a lot of posts here. Have a lot of you "upgraded" or changed out the tubes ont he Envy? I'm looking to purchase one from Headphones.com and was curious if I'll be good with the stock tubes for awhile or if I'll want to change them rigth away? Thanks!
As much as I don't like either of the stock 300Bs on the Envy, at it's worst the amp is still a leap above everything I owned previously (though none were over half the Envy price). So really up to you and what you're willing to spend. You can sometimes find more mid-tier and lower end 300B used deals here. It's certainly cheaper to roll 6SN7s first and to my ears they have as much impact on overall sound as rolling 300Bs.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #5,486 of 7,116

I'll start with this, the Fullmusic 300B are already really good NOS tubes.
Even with those the Envy beats many other flagship amplifiers.

However Elrogs are a significant step up. If you hear the difference it's much easier to accept the price.

For 300B I wouldn't go NOS nowadays. Elrog, Western Electric, Takatsuki from what I've read they beat NOS tubes in sound and at least come with some warranty which NOS usually don't.

With 6SN7 it's different. There are a few expensive NOS upgrades, but also the stock PSVane CV-181-T-MII are quite good.
Linlai E-6SN7 Elite or Apos Ray 6SN7 Reserve would also be readily available upgrades with some warranty. (Had only 1.5h with the Apos though, it did sound really good tho - there is a possibility that these are only very well measuring relabeled PSVaneCV-181-T-MII, I can neither confirm nor deny it at this point)

Trusted european tube dealers for me are.
Tubeampdoctor.com and btb-elektronik.de

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #5,487 of 7,116
My Amp is gone for half an hour and I miss it already.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #5,488 of 7,116
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #5,490 of 7,116
Waiting patiently for my AE too. Looking forward to the reveal on 9th March 😁
Still no price right?
Well the masses will get to know the price on 9th of March.

I think guys like us who have the order already in, know the price already but are asked not to reveal prematurely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back