FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 15, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #4,741 of 5,204
What is the sound difference between the Pro and the Freedom?

The Freedom is more V, with more emphasis in bass and treble. Pro is more for use in studio, and Freedom is more fun.

May 17, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #4,743 of 5,204
I’ve had these S8F’s for several days now and just absolutely love listening to them. The way they are tuned is perfect for me with its slight V shape. The low end is present and full when needed with great extension but is never to me overwhelming or always noticeable. Its just the right amount of kick and with great tonality. The whole sound signature is presented like that, top to bottom. Highs are clean and airy but never shouting. These IEMS are the best I’ve heard to date along with the Audiosense T800’s. There really to me is not a huge difference between them.
The 800s have more low end gain and seem to be a little more analytical at times. I really thought before hearing them together with matching balanced cables and coming from my new 2020 DX160 there would be big differences but I think they are a-lot closer at this point than I originally thought. All of this may change as more and more time is spent listening to both sets. Right now though I’m enjoying both very much even with the new toy shine for me with the Fearless S8Fs.
I’m 62 and my hearing is ok but playing drums in bands all my life has taken some high end frequencies away so this opinion may differ from yours or other folks because of that.
These sets and my TRI i3’s could easily be my end game but I’m slightly curious all the time about what the new stuff coming out sounds like so I’m always gonna be scheming and planning on the next set to get and try out. It is a hobby after all, a relentless money sucking hobby!

May 17, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #4,744 of 5,204
I’m 62 and my hearing is ok but playing drums in bands all my life has taken some high end frequencies away so this opinion may differ from yours or other folks because of that.

On that topic, have you tried using the S8F as a monitor while drumming? How is the isolation, and how is the tuning for monitoring purposes?

May 22, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #4,745 of 5,204
I think I've found the Dawn's doppelganger:

2C8C9C6A-0494-488A-8D0C-4B3318350AA2.jpeg

Crin ranks the Waltz A+ for tonality and A= for technicalities, so I'm guessing the Dawn would be somewhere similar.

May 22, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #4,746 of 5,204
I think I've found the Dawn's doppelganger:

Crin ranks the Waltz A+ for tonality and A= for technicalities, so I'm guessing the Dawn would be somewhere similar.
The bass is pretty different. It also bears some similarity to the U12t and Z1R.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #4,748 of 5,204
I am new to Fearless products and I am interested in getting the S4.
After pouring thru all 317 pages of this thread, i haven't found very much comments on the on the "lowly" S4. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am actually looking to upgrade from the ety er3xr. I am essentially looking for more bass quantity and quality, with more overall separation, layering and soundstage than my er3xr; a slight V-shaped sound, i guess? But I am definitely not a bass head; if anything i'm more of a treble head, so I do like my treble to be fairly sparkly and airy and not rolled off. In terms of presentation I would prefer if everything is about equally balanced, with neither regions being too forward or recessed. I tend to like rock, classicals, orchestra, jazz etc and ocassional vocals for light listening. I mostly listen to music on the go, so hybrids and vented iems went out the window; I need good isolation.

After looking around, i've narrowed it down to the S4 (not particularly inclined to spend more) and it seems to fit the bill (no excessive treble roll off, no bloated muddy bass) after reading a few reviews, not that there's much reviews in the first place though.

I would appreciate if folks could chime in more on the S4. Thank you.

Also, the sound nozzle has no lip for the eartips but I havent heard anyone complain about their tips pulling out and getting stuck in their ears. So I take it its really not an issue?

May 29, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #4,749 of 5,204
Hi All. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement of the cable supplied with my S8F? I’m one of those people who makes cables go stiff after a few months. I need to swap them out periodically.

I’ve tried a few with the S8F but I cannot get a ‘safe’ fit. Only the original is properly connected and would not fall off if I tried to make it.

So, two questions if I may:

does anyone know where I can buy one of these:

or,

could suggest a replacement that fits as well, and securely, as the original? I don’t want to spend hundreds because they never last me more than 6 months.

Attachments

• 4CFBAB39-3EB3-4C53-B71E-6DD40A466D87.jpeg
    4CFBAB39-3EB3-4C53-B71E-6DD40A466D87.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 0
May 31, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #4,750 of 5,204
Anyone using Android app Wavelet to correct the Rolands against the AutoEQ database?

Screenshot_20200531-104752505.jpg

Only thing is it doesn't compensate for treble rolloff with a high shelf. Unless it doesn't fit in the graph.

But it sounds way way better. Different instruments and tones are put into focus; it sounds waaaay better.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #4,751 of 5,204
Hi All. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement of the cable supplied with my S8F? I’m one of those people who makes cables go stiff after a few months. I need to swap them out periodically.

I’ve tried a few with the S8F but I cannot get a ‘safe’ fit. Only the original is properly connected and would not fall off if I tried to make it.

So, two questions if I may:

does anyone know where I can buy one of these:

or,

could suggest a replacement that fits as well, and securely, as the original? I don’t want to spend hundreds because they never last me more than 6 months.
I'd assume Penon or Linsoul would be able to help?

May 31, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #4,752 of 5,204
Anyone using Android up Wavelet to correct the Rolands against the AutoEQ database?

Only thing is it doesn't compensate for treble rolloff with a high shelf. Unless it doesn't fit in the graph.

But it sounds way way better. Different instruments and tones are put into focus; it sounds waaaay better.

Here is my Neutron filter for the Roland.
It's based on normalizing the output to match my se846 using minidsp ears for the measurements:

../Music" bind="9" lock="0" preamp="-5">

<band type="PEAKEQ" gain="-2" freq="300" Q="2" />

<band type="HIGHSHELF" gain="3" freq="5500" Q="2.059561" />

<band type="PEAKEQ" gain="2" freq="3269" Q="4.223526" />

<band type="PEAKEQ" gain="-1" freq="4688" Q="7.460357" />

<band type="PEAKEQ" gain="5" freq="6100" Q="5.06815" />

<band type="LOWSHELF" gain="3" freq="130" Q="2" />

<band type="PEAKEQ" gain="5" freq="9000" Q="6.12467" />

Note the preamp cut to avoid clipping.

SmartSelect_20200531-072712_Neutron.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #4,753 of 5,204
Anyone using Android up Wavelet to correct the Rolands against the AutoEQ database?

Screenshot_20200531-104752505.jpg

i have the triple paladins coming, and so i installed wavelet to check it out beforehand, but cannot find auto eq

so far by readings all over, the unanimous mention was the very low amount of trebles, will have to figure out the "compensation" method when they arrive

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #4,754 of 5,204
i have the triple paladins coming, and so i installed wavelet to check it out beforehand, but cannot find auto eq

so far by readings all over, the unanimous mention was the very low amount of trebles, will have to figure out the "compensation" method when they arrive
Apparently the electrostatic drivers are very power hungry and were not tuned properly. I was very upset hearing the Roland initially but it's one of my favorites now after proper equalization.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,755 of 5,204
Apparently the electrostatic drivers are very power hungry and were not tuned properly. I was very upset hearing the Roland initially but it's one of my favorites now after proper equalization.
I've got the Lancelot, but I really don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back