FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #4,516 of 5,204
Hovering over the 'buy' button of S8F.
The only lingering doubt I have is my DAP. Hiby R6. Original not PRO.
The S8F has 26 ohm impedance so it *should* be OK but - does anyone have 1st hand experience of the pairing/synergy?
Tidal and on board FLAC is the source. Single ended 3.5mm only.

S8F is fantastic iem. I don't know what higher priced TOTL iems do but given S8F quality I'd guess its up there and with only slight tonal differences.
My budget in mind S8F is my TOTL but I don't think I'm sacrificing too much compared to giants. They fit my sound preference perfectly therefore I have no wishes for upgrade.
On the other hand being very satisfied with S8F I'm searching for the budget version with the similar sound signature if possible. The one for comute and work.
From what I read H40 is very nice sounding iem but not necessarily similar. H40 leaning more toward warm and darker sound while S8F being better at detail retrieval, resolution. I got nothing against S8F bass on contrary I really like its speed control and quantity and especially I really like S8F for the the well extended and non fatiguing treble and other technicalities. As much as H40 might be good I don't think it matches S8F sound sig and technicalities and that's the only reason why I didn't buy H40 yet, maybe H50 will be the upgrade I want.
If you decide to go with S8F I'm sure you will be very satisfied but then again H40 might be the one that suit you better.
Given the S8F high sensitivity they will produce hiss with every modern high powered source, and I think including R6. In my knowledge the only totally black background you can expect only from ES100 and BTR5.
Hope this helps with your buying decision.

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #4,517 of 5,204
Thanks for the reply! :)
It's the high output impedance, and it's potential to change the sound signature, of the DAP that's worrying me.
A little hiss doesn't worry me really - I'm 50 and started this journey with cassette walkmans :D and my ears aren't what they used to be anyway.
What I don't want is a shift in tonality that potentially ruins the S8F experience for me.
If the only downside is a little hiss I'm OK - if it causes a bad hit to the sound when music is playing then I need to look elsewhere. I could go the ieMatch route but it's another outlay and to be honest - the S8F has taken some internal wrangling to agree on the cost. I know the S8F is the clear winner of my 'wish list' but - it's a risk and for me the cost is high.

Short list is:
S8F
LZ-A6
ISN H40

But I'm struggling to get anyone to say - "Your Hiby R6 (not PRO) will be fine!" :D

S8F is fantastic iem. I don't know what higher priced TOTL iems do but given S8F quality I'd guess its up there and with only slight tonal differences.
My budget in mind S8F is my TOTL but I don't think I'm sacrificing too much compared to giants. They fit my sound preference perfectly therefore I have no wishes for upgrade.
On the other hand being very satisfied with S8F I'm searching for the budget version with the similar sound signature if possible. The one for comute and work.
From what I read H40 is very nice sounding iem but not necessarily similar. H40 leaning more toward warm and darker sound while S8F being better at detail retrieval, resolution. I got nothing against S8F bass on contrary I really like its speed control and quantity and especially I really like S8F for the the well extended and non fatiguing treble and other technicalities. As much as H40 might be good I don't think it matches S8F sound sig and technicalities and that's the only reason why I didn't buy H40 yet, maybe H50 will be the upgrade I want.
If you decide to go with S8F I'm sure you will be very satisfied but then again H40 might be the one that suit you better.
Given the S8F high sensitivity they will produce hiss with every modern high powered source, and I think including R6. In my knowledge the only totally black background you can expect only from ES100 and BTR5.
Hope this helps with your buying decision.

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #4,518 of 5,204
It's the high output impedance, and it's potential to change the sound signature, of the DAP that's worrying me.
A little hiss doesn't worry me really - I'm 50 and started this journey with cassette walkmans :D and my ears aren't what they used to be anyway.
What I don't want is a shift in tonality that potentially ruins the S8F experience for me.
If the only downside is a little hiss I'm OK - if it causes a bad hit to the sound when music is playing then I need to look elsewhere. I could go the ieMatch route but it's another outlay and to be honest - the S8F has taken some internal wrangling to agree on the cost. I know the S8F is the clear winner of my 'wish list' but - it's a risk and for me the cost is high.

Short list is:
S8F
LZ-A6
ISN H40

But I'm struggling to get anyone to say - "Your Hiby R6 (not PRO) will be fine!" :D

Yes sony Walkmans and cassettes, as a child of the 80s I'm very well familiar with superb sound quality of those haha, that's exactly why I need/want hiss free background. Sorry I can't help you with synergy.

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #4,520 of 5,204
Hey folks new to Fearless gear but can someone tell me the difference between S8 Freedom and S8 Pro?
Configuration looks the same is it tuning?

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #4,522 of 5,204
Look at it another way. If this is going to be a problem with future purchases perhaps it's time to relegate the r6 instead of getting another iem? I've got one and potentially face the same issues down the line. The only reason I haven't moved on (aside from my near legendary indecision)is that I use the fibae range from CA which eliminates the problem.

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #4,523 of 5,204
What happend to the 1dd fearless. I hear nothing more about it

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #4,524 of 5,204
Look at it another way. If this is going to be a problem with future purchases perhaps it's time to relegate the r6 instead of getting another iem? I've got one and potentially face the same issues down the line. The only reason I haven't moved on (aside from my near legendary indecision)is that I use the fibae range from CA which eliminates the problem.
Yeah I know. But I really like the thing otherwise. I’ve had no issues with it at all. ‘Thing’s been superb. I’ve pulled the trigger on the S8f and found an iematch in case it’s needed. That’s me done worrying about things for a while now. If it’s a total disaster then I’ll sell something and find another way.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #4,525 of 5,204
I’ve had no issues with it at all.
Aside from a couple of card issues (unmounts itself mid song, quick reset fixes it) neither have I. Makes upgrading harder. Had thought about r5 but can't really justify it.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #4,526 of 5,204
Yeah I know. But I really like the thing otherwise. I’ve had no issues with it at all. ‘Thing’s been superb. I’ve pulled the trigger on the S8f and found an iematch in case it’s needed. That’s me done worrying about things for a while now. If it’s a total disaster then I’ll sell something and find another way.

I can promise you, even without having paired the S8f with the R6, that you won't hear any hiss.

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #4,528 of 5,204
Hovering over the 'buy' button of S8F.
The only lingering doubt I have is my DAP. Hiby R6. Original not PRO.
The S8F has 26 ohm impedance so it *should* be OK but - does anyone have 1st hand experience of the pairing/synergy?
Tidal and on board FLAC is the source. Single ended 3.5mm only.
R6 was sounding absolutely glorious with my S8p. It even mitigated that lower sub bass roll off. The only iem that had a problem with R6 is EE Legend X. 10 Ohm OI is not a problem at all. In fact I would take original R6 over pro due to pros noise- hissing problem. Roland has under 6 Ohm and sounds with R6 better than most of my portable sources.

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #4,529 of 5,204

Short list is:
S8F
LZ-A6
ISN H40

I'm listening to my BGVP DM6 out of 3.5 out of R6 at low gain Vol @ 32. This iem is notorious about it's sensitivity to noisy outputs, Shure se846 with treble filter @ 35 and no issues with tonality shift or noise. R6 original is an outstanding DAP! Thanks to BGGAR for recommending. Roland,S8p, DM6, se846, H40 and even ier-M9. LZ A6 mini was fine too, though it's too V shaped to be affected by OI, and soundstage is grand as well. I do admit FH7 sounds better with my Sony NW-105, but I'm biased. Love Sony.
BTW, this is strange that on your list 3 iems with radically different type of sound:thinking:

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #4,530 of 5,204

the LV-a6 was on the list because it has high impedance and was rec’d to have a look but the treble hotness did worry me.
The ISN seemed like a great deal but S8f was always my target. I just wanted to save a few quid if possible. Just gave in and ordered what I wanted. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back