FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #4,381 of 5,201
You need to get a replacement cable. That one is likely the known defective one.
If it is, that cable noticeably impacts performance. Best to replace it ASAP.

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #4,382 of 5,201
IMG_20191222_171305.jpg I have the S8Pro and they sound awesome. However the cable is rubbish; mine has a faulty connection at the 3.5 mm pin end where the plastic sleeve has come away as shown in the picture.

Can anyone recommend a durable replacement cable?

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #4,383 of 5,201
After 41 days of waiting Linsoul shipped a shiny golden S8 pro instead of the black one I ordered, I can't wait for ANOTHER 41 days to actually receive my order.

I dealt with Linsoul two times and my experience was terrible for both!. I would rather pay 2x the price and deal with an actual respectable western company.

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #4,385 of 5,201
I have the S8Pro and they sound awesome. However the cable is rubbish; mine has a faulty connection at the 3.5 mm pin end where the plastic sleeve has come away as shown in the picture.

Thanks

**** 16 cores cable is heaven.

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #4,386 of 5,201
After 41 days of waiting Linsoul shipped a shiny golden S8 pro instead of the black one I ordered, I can't wait for ANOTHER 41 days to actually receive my order.

I dealt with Linsoul two times and my experience was terrible for both!. I would rather pay 2x the price and deal with an actual respectable western company.

No western companies sell this stuff though. Good luck.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #4,388 of 5,201
I have the S8Pro and they sound awesome. However the cable is rubbish; mine has a faulty connection at the 3.5 mm pin end where the plastic sleeve has come away as shown in the picture.

Thanks

I use the Tanchjim Oxygen cables for my S8pro.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #4,390 of 5,201
So I did an extensive comparison between the S8 pro and the DM6 after EQing both to sound more neutral.

I am fully aware that doubling the price between the product does not mean the more expensive one is 2x times better, I always believed it's more like ~15-25% better for each time you double the price, but it's not the case here between S8p and the DM6, after EQing both the S8p cost and sound twice as better as the DM6!!!.

Here are my findings after the extensive comparison using the Fiio BTR3 (you may find even more stark difference using better sources):
  1. The S8p is better built and has better stock cable ergonomics
  2. The S8p much easier to drive!!! and much more pron to hissing!, the DM6 hisses on everything except my phone (galaxy S9), BTR3 and ifi micro BL. The S8pro is the same except it also hisses on the ifi micro BL and I had to use IEMatch feature for the first time!. It even requires the second level of the IEMatch (ultra sensitive!).
  3. The S8p has blacker background between the sound images.
  4. They also sound cleaner (less hazy) with better imaging.
  5. The image sizes are also bigger on the S8p for the same sound level, they image like a very good full sized headphones.
  6. The soundstage is narrower on the S8p but much deeper and fuller (no blind spots, full 360° soundstage)
  7. The S8p sounds fuller in the midrage and treble, you hear the full harmonics of the acoustic guitars and cymbals while the DM6 is mainly playing the initial attacks but very short decay representation. This alone makes the S8p twice as better!, you literally hear twice as much of each sound. Also the notes are much denser/fuller, you hear bass region of the acoustic guitar.
  8. The S8p has better subbass but not by much and also the midbass is more neutral on the stock tuning.
  9. The bass timbre is the same for both, they both attack supper fast but not much decay unfortunately, this is good and bad at the same time, good for electronic music because they don't have much of a bass decay anyway and they benefit from the aggressive attacks of the BA bass and it really suit this aggressive genre, it also good when the track is very busy like most metal tracks or some orchestral pieces, it helps things not becoming congested and muddy, those tracks don't afford realistic bass decay unless the soundstage is huge enough like open back headphones and speakers to keep everything separated enough and allow the bass to decay as it wants, and most IEMs are not wide enough for that. And for the bad it's for any acoustic bass in a track which is not supper busy, think of classic rock, jazz and most classical music.
  10. Resolution is also better on the S8p but not by much.
  11. The S8p are much easier to EQ, just -3dB around 3.8khz, the DM6 ib the other hand is a roller coaster :D
I have never considered the DM6 as a bad IEM not after EQ anyway, and for their current price of $170 I still think they are worth it if you gonna EQ them.

This is my findings I hope they're helpful for some.

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #4,391 of 5,201
Anyone have any idea if Fearless audio products are going to go on sale for Boxing day or if there are currently any Christmas sales going on? Linsoul does't appear to offer anything in the way of holiday sales.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #4,392 of 5,201
Anyone have any idea if Fearless audio products are going to go on sale for Boxing day or if there are currently any Christmas sales going on? Linsoul does't appear to offer anything in the way of holiday sales.
Black friday and 11 11 sales seem to have taken the wind out of most christmas sales these days it seems. Doesn't hurt to keep an eye out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back