FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 3, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #3,391 of 5,204
Thanks a lot for this! OMG, it sounds so good on Roland. Now I see what WarriorPoet was talking about when he said about violin sounding good on Roland. Such a good mastering, sounds better, than most of what I've listened on tidal last few days. On Xonar U7 it sounds more natural than Sony ier-M9.
And this one sounds like a recording studio. I can hear the room, weird. But still good! Could be my U7.
I'l get back to you when I listen to all of it but so far holy smokes! It sounds a lot better than M9. No room feel on M9.
On LX cello dominates the mix and sounds way to thick. Better than M9 but still behind Roland. On LX it sounds good but it doesn't move me. On Roland it does!
Cannot really focus on mids separate but it looks that mids here have the magic. I'm not a mid-head, so this level of coherency is entirely new to me. CL2 comes to mind and ier-z1r but this is more balanced than at least CL2. Not sure about z1r, but with this mix, I don't think I miss it.
:prince:Roland the knight about to become a King:crown: of my collection:violin:

Oh my heavens yes. That feeling of live vibration is just uncanny on Roland. Strings SING.

If I'm close enough to the orchestra while conducting, I can feel the vibrations off the stringed instruments on my skin. It's one of those feelings I live for. Roland pulls that off so well, my face tries to tell me I'm standing in front of the violins!

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #3,392 of 5,204
Oh my heavens yes. That feeling of live vibration is just uncanny on Roland. Strings SING.

If I'm close enough to the orchestra while conducting, I can feel the vibrations off the stringed instruments on my skin. It's one of those feelings I live for. Roland pulls that off so well, my face tries to tell me I'm standing in front of the violins!
I couldn't stop listening to instrumental and acoustic since Sunday. That composition above showing ambient space but sounds like large room instead(Recording studio?), and I think it's not intended but Roland reveals it while with ier-m9 and LX I couldn't tell. Freaky..

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #3,393 of 5,204
I couldn't stop listening to instrumental and acoustic since Sunday. That composition above showing ambient space but sounds like large room instead(Recording studio?), and I think it's not intended but Roland reveals it while with ier-m9 and LX I couldn't tell. Freaky..

Guys, stop it please :)
I wanted to wait until my next pay till I order Roland. You're making this very hard for me :wink:

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #3,394 of 5,204
@Owludio I see you own the N3ap as well. Can you tell me whether Roland or Ier M9 would be the proper upgrade for someone that loves N3ap? :)

Would prefer slightly more treble and a wider soundstage :)

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #3,396 of 5,204
Sep 3, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,397 of 5,204
Raining on our parade?
Seriously though, graph looks sick.
**** made a hybrid of EE Valkyrie & Wraith.
Vented design. Interesting.
Thanks Twiceboss, this is a wormhole that I wish I didn't touch...
Their iems have good tuning.

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #3,398 of 5,204
Raining on our parade?
Seriously though, graph looks sick.
**** made a hybrid of EE Valkyrie & Wraith.
Vented design. Interesting.
Thanks Twiceboss, this is a wormhole that I wish I didn't touch...
Their iems have good tuning.
the **** st7 is newer than Roland. The graph looks good too. The subbass seems no limit

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #3,399 of 5,204
the **** st7 is newer than Roland. The graph looks good too. The subbass seems no limit
I was following **** latest iems, didn't see this one, but their tuning reputed to be audiophile type and build quality is impressive.

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #3,400 of 5,204
I was following **** latest iems, didn't see this one, but their tuning reputed to be audiophile type and build quality is impressive.
Not gonna lie it looks promising :)

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #3,401 of 5,204
Just got the roland today. Does anybody have problems with the stock cable? The sound fades back and forth when i twist the 3.5mm jack?

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #3,402 of 5,204
Just got the roland today. Does anybody have problems with the stock cable? The sound fades back and forth when i twist the 3.5mm jack?
Fearless cable SUCKS. That's all u need to know about the cable. Go buy a cheap FDBRO on amazon. $14 totally worth it.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,404 of 5,204
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #3,405 of 5,204
New set so no. Also, I'm not toward heavy bass
Roland? Heavy bass? Surely you jest :joy:

edit: sorry, you must be talking about the ****. Yeah, that looks INCREDIBLY bassy.

Yes. Their stock cable is terrible. I've told Penon and Linsoul and both passed it on. According to Linsoul, Fearless refuses to change it. I just mentally tack on another $100 and have a replacement on hand at this point. It's a heavy black mark in Fearless' debit, and if their IEMs weren't so dang good (and for the price), I'd not bother at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back