FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #3,212 of 5,204
Its basically a choice of plague versus cholera. I'd take the MMCX, since at least the IEM isn't just going to drop off the cable randomly, and if its tight enough, as it is on fx. Westones, it wont rotate and wear down. The two Westone IEM in this household have been absolutley abused for years on end, and have had no issues, where my customs and UE which use the 2 pin are literally unusable due to loose connectors, and have only swapped cables a few times in an attempt to alleviate the problem.
So I'd say "Please DON'T DO IT! NO TWO-PIN PLEASE!".

At the end of the day its sort of like with the Minijack: we need someone to find a better standard connector to use, and much like how the 4.4 connectors are just as **** as the ones it replaced, so are the IEM connectors - or rather, at least MMCX solved some issues, just still isn't perfect. If it were up to me, both should be replaced with Hirose/Lemo connectors: Use pins so it cant short itself out, but have it lock in place.
I agree at present implementation we have to pick our poison. I also agree that MMCX problem more on the cable side which is an advantage obviously. But I wonder if chi fi manufactures could learn at least from each other. Mee Electronics has very good connector, kind of power supply but with a lock.
Even reversed 2pin where 2pins are recessed on the iem and female connector on the cable. Also original UE super fi had 2 short pins with a lock.
Fearless stock cable should be compatible with the connector but IT IS NOT!

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #3,214 of 5,204
EST/Tribrids are becoming and will continue to be a thing. The DD on Bass The BA on Mids and EST on the Treb is an amazing weaving of things doing what they do best....doing THAT thing.

You chose well. I have the 64 audio Tia Forte (what a fraking cohesive mess that is) but the u12t is quite good. Will be comparing with Roland on staging. You just bought an IEM that plays at the top of the game.
Is the Tia fourte rubbish? I'd always fancied getting a set. Maybe not!

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #3,215 of 5,204
Is the Tia fourte rubbish? I'd always fancied getting a set. Maybe not!

Maybe not rubbish in terms of SQ, but rubbish in terms of bang for the buck? I mean I have some expensive sets but I do draw a line.....

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #3,216 of 5,204
Anybody ordered the fearless audio Roland from linsoul shipped to usa and is there any Tariff or custom fees? I order an headphone about $1600 from japan shipped FedEx about a year ago and had to pay $25 duty. But that was a year ago and now trump tariff is going on and wonder if any tariff 15% will be apply today. Thanks

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,217 of 5,204
What is the difference between ordering a ChiFi IEM from Amazon USA free shipping but the seller is Linsoul vs ordering directly from the Linsoul store?

Faster options on Linsoul store? Is there any sudden additonal taxes risk after placing the order on Amazon?

I want to order from Amazon USA, but S8 freedom is quite more expensive on Amazon while LaHire is at the same price; I'm almost pulling the trigger on the LaHire.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,218 of 5,204
Order from Amazon is same as ordering directly from linsoul. It is shipped by linsoul not Amazon. Linsoul is just using Amazon to sell their product.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #3,219 of 5,204
What is the difference between ordering a ChiFi IEM from Amazon USA free shipping but the seller is Linsoul vs ordering directly from the Linsoul store?

Faster options on Linsoul store? Is there any sudden additonal taxes risk after placing the order on Amazon?

I want to order from Amazon USA, but S8 freedom is quite more expensive on Amazon while LaHire is at the same price; I'm almost pulling the trigger on the LaHire.
The difference is support. You will get Amazon support.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #3,220 of 5,204
Anybody ordered the fearless audio Roland from linsoul shipped to usa and is there any Tariff or custom fees? I order an headphone about $1600 from japan shipped FedEx about a year ago and had to pay $25 duty. But that was a year ago and now trump tariff is going on and wonder if any tariff 15% will be apply today. Thanks

but trump said consumers would not have to pay for tarrifs /s

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #3,221 of 5,204
I just want to know if anyone ordered from linsoul recently if they have to pay any imort duties to usa. I don't want any surprises when i preferred the Roland today

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #3,222 of 5,204
but trump said consumers would not have to pay for tarrifs /s
That's usually the case. I think it might be included in price already. In US market usually defines the price for IEMs because of competition. If u add 25% tariff to S1000 Roland will get a lot closer to EE Valkyrie @ $1600 with 3Y warranty and support. I probably would go for it but I have LX already.
Anyways, I will find out Thursday.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #3,223 of 5,204
That's usually the case. I think it might be included in price already. In US market usually defines the price for IEMs because of competition. If u add 25% tariff to S1000 Roland will get a lot closer to EE Valkyrie @ $1600 with 3Y warranty and support. I probably would go for it but I have LX already.
Anyways, I will find out Thursday.

I paid only the quoted price for the Roland, from Linsoul. No hidden fees. No Tarrif . Was Express shipped by DHL. (To USA)

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #3,224 of 5,204
Thanks! Kind of expected that. The same was few month back with S8P also from Linsoul. Fast, DHL is very good here.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3,225 of 5,204

I ordered from Penon. No tax n free shipping. Same as Linsoul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back