FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #3,226 of 5,201
Not so lucky, for direct Linsoul orders I have to pay +20% of the retail (tax for Europe). On Amazon UK or DE there is no tax but since seller is still Linsoul I have to double-check that. Last thing I need $200 taxes for Roland. In my case on Amazon UK there is only standard delivery option 20-40 days + $10 delivery :frowning2:

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #3,227 of 5,201
Ok thanks guys. Kinda expected that. Linsoul confirm no tariff to Usa. Only apllies to big company and importers per CBP website

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #3,228 of 5,201
I received my s8p today. Seems like im having bassy issue as i like mids a lot. S8p doesnt wow me at right away. I had to decrease 125hz by 5 6db for me to enjoy. It seems like im into DF but not a bright DF like ex series.

Er2se makes me smile at first listen. I just bump the subbass and it's perfect. For s8p, i need to reduce the bass, so basically flatten the huge hump of the stock fr.

Edit: i will do more listening and tweaking, so far. By lowering the 125hz, this sounds so good. Delicious mids with big soundstage and also focus on subbass

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #3,229 of 5,201
I can imagine that u would have even more problem with S8F as it has more elevated mid bass and more Harmanesk FR.
It's also kind of ironic that I myself have to EQ down bass on Legend X to get full advantage of LX mids.:wink: Same goes for Shure se846 where I also EQ down 125Hz

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,230 of 5,201
I can imagine that u would have even more problem with S8F as it has more elevated mid bass and more Harmanesk FR.
It's also kind of ironic that I myself have to EQ down bass on Legend X to get full advantage of LX mids.:wink: Same goes for Shure se846 where I also EQ down 125Hz
haha yeah, it seems like Harmat target is too bassy for mids lover :/

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #3,231 of 5,201
haha yeah, it seems like Harmat target is too bassy for mids lover :/
Goes without saying, that u should keep away from LX. La Hire or Lancelot might be more suitable for u then Roland, which I will compare with my still fresh memory of S8p sound sig sometimes end of this week:ksc75smile:

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #3,232 of 5,201
Goes without saying, that u should keep away from LX. La Hire or Lancelot might be more suitable for u then Roland, which I will compare with my still fresh memory of S8p sound sig sometimes end of this week:ksc75smile:
True, are you getting Roland?

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #3,233 of 5,201
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #3,234 of 5,201
Yes, Linsoul emailed status update that I should receive it this Thursday.
You know what, i think maybe later Roland is my next. After comparing with a lot FR. I think Roland has that almost flat between 125 to 700. It starts rising below 125 which is subbass. Yes, La Hire seems flat too but it has no subbass which will be "not upgrade" to me since im looking something that has delicious mids with meaty subbass and bigger soundstage.

Let me know once you get it soon. You had er4 so at least you can recall how etys mids are!

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #3,235 of 5,201
Yes, Linsoul emailed status update that I should receive it this Thursday.

What's the lead time with Linsoul? I ordered thru Penon 4 day ago and just been informed 1-2 weeks to be ready then 3-5 days via DHL. :thinking:

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #3,236 of 5,201
What's the lead time with Linsoul? I ordered thru Penon 4 day ago and just been informed 1-2 weeks to be ready then 3-5 days via DHL. :thinking:
Apparently, Fearless will build the roland according to the request, once you buy it, they need 2 weeks to get thru process and then 2-3 day shipping. That's what ive been informed. Dont quote me lol

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #3,237 of 5,201
You know what, i think maybe later Roland is my next. After comparing with a lot FR. I think Roland has that almost flat between 125 to 700. It starts rising below 125 which is subbass. Yes, La Hire seems flat too but it has no subbass which will be "not upgrade" to me since im looking something that has delicious mids with meaty subbass and bigger soundstage.

Let me know once you get it soon. You had er4 so at least you can recall how etys mids are!
Indeed, if you don't mind slightly emphasized sub bass. Nothing does sub bad better then good dynamic and I seem to hear a lot of things similarly to HBBand trust him when he says that Roland bass is flat as graph suggests. I don't like BA bass. I tolerated it because BA iems usually are sealed and have good isolation. But most interesting is Estat trebble.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #3,238 of 5,201
I did wait 2 weeks. I ordered on 13.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #3,239 of 5,201
Indeed, if you don't mind slightly emphasized sub bass. Nothing does sub bad better then good dynamic and I seem to hear a lot of things similarly to HBBand trust him when he says that Roland bass is flat as graph suggests. I don't like BA bass. I tolerated it because BA iems usually are sealed and have good isolation. But most interesting is Estat trebble.
Yes, Subbass is the one that I crave for, not mid bass or upper bass that ruins the mids.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #3,240 of 5,201
Yes, Subbass is the one that I crave for, not mid bass or upper bass that ruins the mids.
That makes two of us. I proudly own Aurisonics Asg2 but always used it with closed bass port which keeps only sub bass elevated. Bass port was useless to me as it would just make bass boomy. My signature shows my quest for perfect sub bass and extended trebble. BTW while Sony ier-z1r is unchallenged king of sub bass, @1/4 of its price FH7 deserves special praise for stellar bass accuracy and control. If Roland has half of that performance plus Estat treble - can be endgame... for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back