FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 12, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #1,381 of 5,204
Would be nice to get confirmation. And $150 vs $490 it's almost 1/3 of initial cost already

I could be dead wrong, but I seem to recall reading in mandarin on their chinese taobao sale page that the first re-fit is free for ciems.. and it was on that basis that I have ordered customs from Linsoul and am awaiting with fingers crossed...

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,382 of 5,204
I thank you @davidcotton for your suggestion and I thank you @davidmolliere for answering.
I do appreciate your involvment regarding my concerns.

I could be dead wrong, but I seem to recall reading in mandarin on their chinese taobao sale page that the first re-fit is free for ciems.. and it was on that basis that I have ordered customs from Linsoul and am awaiting with fingers crossed...

The person (people?) behind the chat on Linsoul told me the same a couple of weeks ago, free reshell if there's a bad fit.
I cannot remember if they specified that it was for the first re-fit only but it would be understandable if it is.

But yeah free reshell doesn't mean free shipping and that can add up real fast if there is a need for package insurance (I followed your misadventures on TN David, I hope it resolved smoothly).

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,383 of 5,204
Would be nice to get confirmation. And $150 vs $490 it's almost 1/3 of initial cost already

That was what was communicated to me very clearly. Not sure, what you mean by confirmation? Btw, it would 150$ for a $539 one (for the wooden faceplate excluding the custom charges which will add another 60$). Nevertheless, as stated earlier, I agree completely with you that the charges would be high compared to universal.

I was responding to your earlier statement:
"Imagine you go custom and you don't really like them, you lost 450€ (no reshell possible I guess)"

So you would not be losing the complete 450€ as you were thinking, as re-shelling is possible. Although, agreeably at a quite steep price.

To be clear, the re-shelling I'm mentioning is for the fees that would apply if you want to sell it to someone and you send it for re-shelling it to fit the buyer's ears. For e.g 64Audio charges 400$ for reshelling for A12t; which is the reason why you would see A12t used going for around 1000$ vs ~1400$ for the universal variant U12t.

OFC, if the custom iems they send don't fit, I would expect, like any custom IEM manufacturing company, you would be able to send these in, at your own charges and they would do the changes necessary to get the right fit, for free.

@Loot, I agree the charges for shipping (including insurance) these back, (if you don't get the right fit), can add to the overall cost. (Not to mention the initial charges you would have to incur over universal, for getting the ear impression and sending them in or 3-d scanning them).

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,384 of 5,204
I own both, both are good but the S8F is more dynamic and detailed. Overall I'd take the S8F personally.

Can you compare them a bit? Just started listening to the IT05 last night. I like the semi-custom fit, and they are a definite improvement over the UE 900s, but I'm not sure how far iem's can go. When I did A/B with my DT 1770, it blows the IT04 away. I guess that is to be expected, but in the battle for sound quality dominance, I'm not sure the convenience of an iem is worth the trade off in reduced sound quality. Isolation is not great either compared to 1770. Maybe I need to try more tips. I went with the medium foam ones. Interestingly, the right seems to fit better than the left. For iem's, they are the best I have heard, though the bass on the bose was far more robust, which gives the music a fuller sound, even in the mids. Not sure if returning these and getting the s8f will give me anything better in that my main complaint is that an iem is not an overear. lol

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #1,385 of 5,204
Can you compare them a bit? Just started listening to the IT05 last night. I like the semi-custom fit, and they are a definite improvement over the UE 900s, but I'm not sure how far iem's can go. When I did A/B with my DT 1770, it blows the IT04 away. I guess that is to be expected, but in the battle for sound quality dominance, I'm not sure the convenience of an iem is worth the trade off in reduced sound quality. Isolation is not great either compared to 1770. Maybe I need to try more tips. I went with the medium foam ones. Interestingly, the right seems to fit better than the left. For iem's, they are the best I have heard, though the bass on the bose was far more robust, which gives the music a fuller sound, even in the mids. Not sure if returning these and getting the s8f will give me anything better in that my main complaint is that an iem is not an overear. lol
It won't fix that. I think they're a nice step up from the it04 but they're fundamentally an in ear and it sounds like you don't hear them like others do who love them.

We all hear differently from one another, no way would I take any over the ear sets over my S8f. I think some people just don't hear IEMs even close to the same as others. Detail, separation and imaging is just so precise.

Mrspeakers aeon closed maybe?

You might want to try something like the audeze isine20 when adorama has their b stock sales.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,386 of 5,204
Idk. I know people have preferences. I prefer the wider soundstage and fuller sound of an over ear by far. An IEM for me is more about convenience.

Can you compare the IT04 and S8f a bit? How would you compare them in detail, sound stage and bass?

I played some more with Hiby R6 and IT04, and with extra EQ that my ZX 300 doesn't have, I can get the bass up to a better level. I guess I'm kind of a basshead. I find neutral super boring.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,387 of 5,204
I just received my S8F. The is NO hype!!! Amazing sound. Clear and spacious. Great detail but not too much. @Hawaiibadboy Thanks for bringing these to my attention.

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,388 of 5,204
I have been wanting to sell my CA Dorado's to help fund different IEM's I want to try, and I might start with the S8F/P. So thanks everyone for your info and opinions about them. I have been wanting to try the Beyerdynamic Xelento's, the RHA CL-2, and the CA Solaris's, as well as the S8F/P.

I already have my Andromedas -> FiiO LC 2.5c -> Shanling Audio M5s DAP setup, and I don't see myself changing that up ANYTIME soon, unless it's to sell those and buy the Solaris's.

Anyone have any opinions on that?

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,389 of 5,204
Idk. I know people have preferences. I prefer the wider soundstage and fuller sound of an over ear by far. An IEM for me is more about convenience.

Can you compare the IT04 and S8f a bit? How would you compare them in detail, sound stage and bass?

I played some more with Hiby R6 and IT04, and with extra EQ that my ZX 300 doesn't have, I can get the bass up to a better level. I guess I'm kind of a basshead. I find neutral super boring.
See and I actually hear a wider and clearer Soundstage on IEMs now. open headphones sound kind of exaggerated to me, and closed feel very small in comparison to IEMs to me, vocals are never quite centered on anything but IEMs.

Now, it04 versus S8f.
S8f it's more detailed and had more dynamic range. Stock tuning is better to my ears.
They both fit me well, bring a little on the larger size.
Both Excel at bass response, with the dynamic of the it04 hurting harder physically, but the ba drivers of the S8F sounding truer with better attack and decay and they reach just as deep. Honestly, this is all about preferences here....

The it04 has a bit wider stage, but not by much. Separation is about the same.

Vocals and guitars sounds better on the S8f, and treble had more energy. Timbre is a little more lifelike.

Overall, the S8F is my preferred pair pretty clearly.

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #1,390 of 5,204
I have been wanting to sell my CA Dorado's to help fund different IEM's I want to try, and I might start with the S8F/P. So thanks everyone for your info and opinions about them. I have been wanting to try the Beyerdynamic Xelento's, the RHA CL-2, and the CA Solaris's, as well as the S8F/P.

I already have my Andromedas -> FiiO LC 2.5c -> Shanling Audio M5s DAP setup, and I don't see myself changing that up ANYTIME soon, unless it's to sell those and buy the Solaris's.

Anyone have any opinions on that?
Try the S8f first. Find the tour thread for the empire ears legend x and sign up for that rather than buying the Solaris.

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,391 of 5,204
Don't have comply 500 but i do have Symbio W and can confirm outer bore is wider and narrower on spiral dot which is why judging from the Acme 8 design spiral dot is good choice to use as tips.

So I just bought some spiral dots and symbio w . Only found a eBay shop in japan who’s got both ... May take a while to arrive ..
Just did an A/B/C with the Complys, Spirals and Symbios on my S8Ps

Symbio W
Better isolation
more extended bass (result of isolation, no doubt)
more extended highs

slight overlap on the end of the tip, but do not cover any sound tubes

Spiral Dot
Easier fit
Better comfort
do not overlap tip

trims highs, more congested in the middle
Worse isolation

Comply 500 Isolation
Best isolation (literally can't hear anything with them in)
Best bass (result of the isolation, no doubt)

least comfortable (but still not uncomfortable)
deeper insertion (almost eardrum-tickling on the S8Ps)
most complicated insertion

I could get away with the Symbios live, but there's no way I could do the Spiral Dots.
Spiral Dots are "invisible" when inserted, and they seat very easily in my ears.

Complys are incredibly isolating, and give the "truest" bass and midrange, but are certainly noticeable. My jaw dislocates open and closed, and the Complys are the only ones that do not momentarily break seal.

Of the three, the Symbio Ws are the best all-rounders, and give the best initial impression, but the Complys are unbeatable for isolation and total overall tonality.

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,393 of 5,204
Just did an A/B/C with the Complys, Spirals and Symbios on my S8Ps

Symbio W
Better isolation
more extended bass (result of isolation, no doubt)
more extended highs

slight overlap on the end of the tip, but do not cover any sound tubes

Spiral Dot
Easier fit
Better comfort
do not overlap tip

trims highs, more congested in the middle
Worse isolation

Comply 500 Isolation
Best isolation (literally can't hear anything with them in)
Best bass (result of the isolation, no doubt)

least comfortable (but still not uncomfortable)
deeper insertion (almost eardrum-tickling on the S8Ps)
most complicated insertion

I could get away with the Symbios live, but there's no way I could do the Spiral Dots.
Spiral Dots are "invisible" when inserted, and they seat very easily in my ears.

Complys are incredibly isolating, and give the "truest" bass and midrange, but are certainly noticeable. My jaw dislocates open and closed, and the Complys are the only ones that do not momentarily break seal.

Of the three, the Symbio Ws are the best all-rounders, and give the best initial impression, but the Complys are unbeatable for isolation and total overall tonality.
U should try final type e. Give them a chance :) Maybe next week these tips will arrive ...

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #1,394 of 5,204
Since I just did it for the Oxygens, here are the measurements for the stock Fearless S8P cable

Resistance
L 24mR
R 24mR

Capacitance
150pF

Yes, I checked measurements. Yes, that's some INSANELY low resistance. If the straight 2 pin plugs were my preference, I'd never even think about "upgrading."

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #1,395 of 5,204
Since I just did it for the Oxygens, here are the measurements for the stock Fearless S8P cable

Resistance
L 24mR
R 24mR

Capacitance
150pF

Yes, I checked measurements. Yes, that's some INSANELY low resistance. If the straight 2 pin plugs were my preference, I'd never even think about "upgrading."

iirc the stock cable is 8silver or something like that.. honestly the stock cables are impressive for what they are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back