FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #871 of 5,204
Try spinfits if you haven't... Work pretty well for me! Great impressions by the way!
Thanks!

I did try Whirlwinds, but I do really need to go with foams since my ear canal changes so much depending on where my jaw ends up at any given time. Its a major reason I can't go CIEM.

I got Comply Sport mediums working last night right before heading off to bed. Initial results are promising, and I'll post updated impressions later.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #872 of 5,204
5853414B-6665-4E05-A4F1-85E2051CE1F2.jpeg
Recently acquired a new copper cable from Japan. Thanks to HBB with his videos. :wink: It looks even better in person. Now patiently waiting for S8F to arrive.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #873 of 5,204
that's beautiful! i'm trying to remove my left connector from my S8F... the right one came out with zero issue whatsoever, but the left one is ssttttuuuuuuck :|.

EDIT: Uhhhh. It looks like the cable (stock cable) kinda... merged? melted? with the body. when i took it out, it looks like it took a little small chunk out of the body, and left some plastic behind in the rectangular cutout. I'm not happy with that. New cable seems to go in fine; I dunno what I'm gonna do about this. (No, they weren't exposed to any kind of heat.)

In the meantime:

1. Maybe be careful about using the stock cable,

2. My new cable has a blue dot on the square part of each connector, and one of the pins has a red dot on it too—which direction should those face? The front or the back of the IEM?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #874 of 5,204
I just found a track I didn't think the S6Rui handled very well. The haunted by Northeast party house, 3:05 in it becomes a bit jumbled compared to my RHA cl2..... The bass just isn't quite at the same resolution.

They're also pretty harsh with the band Empire of the sun, just like the CL2, but anything with a bump in the 3-10k range is harsh with that band...

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #875 of 5,204
Recently acquired a new copper cable from Japan. Thanks to HBB with his videos. :wink: It looks even better in person. Now patiently waiting for S8F to arrive.
Damn! That thing looks sweet! Looks expensive, though. I'm getting something from aliexpress within the next few days from their big 328 sale, but I'm still trying to decide what cable I want. I'm looking for a nice high purity copper one, but I'm only looking to spend around $30 to $50 Canadian for it. I found a few that I like...just trying to figure which one will also look good with my Kanas Pro

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #876 of 5,204
that's beautiful! i'm trying to remove my left connector from my S8F... the right one came out with zero issue whatsoever, but the left one is ssttttuuuuuuck :|.

EDIT: Uhhhh. It looks like the cable (stock cable) kinda... merged? melted? with the body. when i took it out, it looks like it took a little small chunk out of the body, and left some plastic behind in the rectangular cutout. I'm not happy with that. New cable seems to go in fine; I dunno what I'm gonna do about this. (No, they weren't exposed to any kind of heat.)

In the meantime:

2. My new cable has a blue dot on the square part of each connector, and one of the pins has a red dot on it too—which direction should those face? The front or the back of the IEM?
i think the dots to the inside of the iem, so u cant see the dots when the iems are in your ears ...

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #878 of 5,204
Damn! That thing looks sweet! Looks expensive, though. I'm getting something from aliexpress within the next few days from their big 328 sale, but I'm still trying to decide what cable I want. I'm looking for a nice high purity copper one, but I'm only looking to spend around $30 to $50 Canadian for it. I found a few that I like...just trying to figure which one will also look good with my Kanas Pro

im looking too(similar price range) . let me know if you find anything good .want to get for kpe and dm6

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #879 of 5,204
i think the dots to the inside of the iem, so u cant see the dots when the iems are in your ears ...
The dots are in the same line as the pins, though, so they face the front or the back. They're also just on the rectangular part, so they get hidden once in anyway...

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #880 of 5,204
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #881 of 5,204

In the meantime:

2. My new cable has a blue dot on the square part of each connector, and one of the pins has a red dot on it too—which direction should those face? The front or the back of the IEM?[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that some adhesive may have joined the two surfaces together? Was the connector in the IEM when it arrived?

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #882 of 5,204

In the meantime:

Is it possible that some adhesive may have joined the two surfaces together? Was the connector in the IEM when it arrived?[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, the cable is not attached during shipping, so I don't think any factory adhesive could have been responsible, and I certainly haven't had them near anything sticky--they're in my ears or in the included case, and that's pretty much it. Will have pictures up shortly.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #885 of 5,204
Okay, so the stuff on the right IEM is what this should look like:

upload_2019-3-27_16-47-40.png

upload_2019-3-27_16-47-52.png

upload_2019-3-27_16-47-58.png

and here, on the left side...

upload_2019-3-27_16-51-17.png

upload_2019-3-27_16-51-23.png

upload_2019-3-27_16-51-50.png

EDIT: Lillian from Linsoul got back to me very fast (at ~9am Beijing time, too) and has forwarded this along to Fearless, so hopefully it's resolved quickly. Linsoul is doing everything right here, if you're just scrolling through the thread—I'll keep it updated.

EDIT again: about 10 hours later, this seems to be taken care of:

me said:
Well, that was fast! Fearless is manufacturing me a new pair (already underway), and I'll ship my pair back when they arrive. Thanks a ton @earthalucy !!

Very heartening!

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-27_16-51-38.png
    upload_2019-3-27_16-51-38.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2019-3-27_16-52-3.png
    upload_2019-3-27_16-52-3.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back