FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #736 of 5,204
I jumped on the S6Rui right away. Very nice pair... Basically I'll wait for thoughts on the acme then call it a day. These all sound like tuning differences, and for someone who EQs, and liberally uses DSP, these all sounds like capable pairs. The acme offers something fundamentally different possibly..... The S6Rui is #1 on the list of headphones I've used the least amount of EQ on....

I'm not sure there's really a truly bad option here, unless the S10 is a true weirdo.

I will go back to S10 after S8F and S8 PRO compare (impedance will be more clear there so i can account for it)
So far S8F and S6 Rui are my 2 fave's. One is just a slight but audible upgrade on an already pleasing delivery.
ACME8 will be in that vid so really 3-8/BA sets. Then S6PRO and full ACME and return to S10

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #737 of 5,204
I will go back to S10 after S8F and S8 PRO compare (impedance will be more clear there so i can account for it)
So far S8F and S6 Rui are my 2 fave's. One is just a slight but audible upgrade on an already pleasing delivery.
ACME8 will be in that vid so really 3-8/BA sets. Then S6PRO and full ACME and return to S10

So noe that youve had a bit more time, in your opinion is it still not necessarily worth it to opt for the s8f over the s6rui? I have the s6rui in my cart on linsoul with wood backs, but, that voice in the back of my head is making me seriously wonder what i woyld be missing. Is it kind of like the difference between the sony zx300 and wm1a when both balanced? As in, same sound one just has the overall better output still?

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #739 of 5,204
upload_2019-3-24_22-56-19.png

:grinning:

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #740 of 5,204
Good grief man! You are a machine!

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #742 of 5,204
Yeah dude thanks for putting in this crazy amount of work on these

In the past 2 years the sellers have become super efficient at tracking point of sale. When, Why, How. They trust their data. The data shows that paying customers and their opinions carry more weight than reviewers. AS IT SHOULD BE :)

The buyers, like some in this thread determine the trajectory of the item's future. I have gotten maybe 8 Fearless IEM and my job is to give an opinion that is clearly just my own. And by my count it is 2 winners maybe 3? (s6PRO) and 6 varying levels of good to average. So I carry no water...or I am spilling 80% (Bad wateboy...bad ;( )

Now it is the public input stage.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #743 of 5,204
So noe that youve had a bit more time, in your opinion is it still not necessarily worth it to opt for the s8f over the s6rui? I have the s6rui in my cart on linsoul with wood backs, but, that voice in the back of my head is making me seriously wonder what i woyld be missing. Is it kind of like the difference between the sony zx300 and wm1a when both balanced? As in, same sound one just has the overall better output still?

That ZX300 v.s. WM1A (balanced) is a great analogy

The S8f is little better than the S6R but I can hear it. So I like it more. Not losing out too much with the S6R being the choice...much like a ZX300 going 4.4 is not slumming at all :wink:

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #746 of 5,204
What is Linsoul’s return policy? I’d like to try these out but am pretty leery about dropping $4-500 on an IEM that I can’t audition beforehand.

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #747 of 5,204
What is Linsoul’s return policy? I’d like to try these out but am pretty leery about dropping $4-500 on an IEM that I can’t audition beforehand.

Officially (as listed on their product page), they say they don't accept refunds.
"We provide with a one-year warranty for our customized earphone due to non-human damage.
It should be noted that damage to electronic components due to improper operation and abuse, as well as product damage caused by force majeure, are not covered by the warranty.
If there is a problem with your earphone, you can contact us even if the warranty period is exceeded. We will charge the repair fee as appropriate.
Due to the particularity of custom earphones, it is an irreversible product. Therefore, refunds that do not like sound style and appearance are not accepted. Users are also required to know it before purchasing."

However, when I first purchased my S5T and later tried to change it or reconfigure it to the S5H, they were pretty helpful.
I wasn't able to make it happen because they said my pair were customized and it would be too hard for Fearless Audio to take it back (makes sense).

So it seems like they are quite reasonable and helpful. Returns seems to depend on the manufacturer because Linsoul told me they would ask Fearless Audio about it.
I wouldn't rely on the exchange policy if you're simply trying to try it and send it back. Bit risky.

Quick side question;
I'm looking for an affordable (sub $300) DAP.
Is a used Sony NW-A45 for $80 a good deal?
Trying to decide between that or look for a used Sony ZX300 for ~$300.
Which would be the better bang for the buck?
Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #749 of 5,204
Officially (as listed on their product page), they say they don't accept refunds.
"We provide with a one-year warranty for our customized earphone due to non-human damage.
It should be noted that damage to electronic components due to improper operation and abuse, as well as product damage caused by force majeure, are not covered by the warranty.
If there is a problem with your earphone, you can contact us even if the warranty period is exceeded. We will charge the repair fee as appropriate.
Due to the particularity of custom earphones, it is an irreversible product. Therefore, refunds that do not like sound style and appearance are not accepted. Users are also required to know it before purchasing."

However, when I first purchased my S5T and later tried to change it or reconfigure it to the S5H, they were pretty helpful.
I wasn't able to make it happen because they said my pair were customized and it would be too hard for Fearless Audio to take it back (makes sense).

So it seems like they are quite reasonable and helpful. Returns seems to depend on the manufacturer because Linsoul told me they would ask Fearless Audio about it.
I wouldn't rely on the exchange policy if you're simply trying to try it and send it back. Bit risky.

Quick side question;
I'm looking for an affordable (sub $300) DAP.
Is a used Sony NW-A45 for $80 a good deal?
Trying to decide between that or look for a used Sony ZX300 for ~$300.
Which would be the better bang for the buck?
Thanks

I guess that’s a reasonable return policy, but I probably won’t get it in that case. I’d only want to keep it if it can knock off one of my “main” IEMs... and while it’s possible, I don’t think it’s very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back