FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #708 of 5,204
Mar 23, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #710 of 5,204
Hey guys. My short review for S6RUI is ready so check it out if you are interested in some extra detailed opinion: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fearless-audio-s6rui.23646/
10262756.jpg

Wow, your chart is very different from HBBs! What equipment are you using?

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #712 of 5,204
I ordered my S8F today from Lilian also I am expecting at least 2 -3 weeks before deliver. I doubt the Acme will be worth 2X the price of the S8F . I did use my 10% off discount which took $53 dollars off the order. Starry Night design for me.
Maybe .. maybe not .. but the ACME is first of his kind .. sooo very interesting for me .
Hbb said on YouTube it has huge bass , I love good bass , when it don’t swallow all the details... im fine :) if u ever heard the legend x u know what im talking about . But it’s to much value to take it with u anytime , it’s more an iem for listening at home , so maybe the acme is the iem for me for on the go :)

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #713 of 5,204
Maybe .. maybe not .. but the ACME is first of his kind .. sooo very interesting for me .
Hbb said on YouTube it has huge bass , I love good bass , when it don’t swallow all the details... im fine :) if u ever heard the legend x u know what im talking about . But it’s to much value to take it with u anytime , it’s more an iem for listening at home , so maybe the acme is the iem for me for on the go :)

i have listened to Legend X and is was great but it is more then I would drop for IEM . It had great mids and sound stage with bass that would rattle your fillings.

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #714 of 5,204
i have listened to Legend X and is was great but it is more then I would drop for IEM . It had great mids and sound stage with bass that would rattle your fillings.
yeah , i dont expect that the acme is on the same level as the legend , but i hope it goes in the same direction :) i will report when they arrive
got my legend for home listening.. too afraid something happens to my babies outside :D

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #715 of 5,204
So am I hearing here that to get an IEM that sounds as good as the S8F I would have to spend at least twice the money?

If that's the case why wouldn't anyone who wanted a new IEM and could, purchase them? From what I have read here, for half the money, I would get an IEM that is arguably the equal of the $1000 CA Andromeda. Right? If that is the consensus, I'm buying!

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #716 of 5,204
So am I hearing here that to get an IEM that sounds as good as the S8F I would have to spend at least twice the money?

If that's the case why wouldn't anyone who wanted a new IEM and could, purchase them? From what I have read here, for half the money, I would get an IEM that is arguably the equal of the $1000 CA Andromeda. Right? If that is the consensus, I'm buying!
That seems to be the consensus from people who have heard the $1-$2k IEMs; I think to get truly *better*--even if just by a bit--you'd need to spend like 3-4x, is what I'm seeing.

Definitely buy through Linsoul and get on their email list to get 10% off--that's a free wood plate upgrade! Wish I'd done that, but I'll live.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #717 of 5,204
That seems to be the consensus from people who have heard the $1-$2k IEMs; I think to get truly *better*--even if just by a bit--you'd need to spend like 3-4x, is what I'm seeing.

Definitely buy through Linsoul and get on their email list to get 10% off--that's a free wood plate upgrade! Wish I'd done that, but I'll live.

Thank you i was wondering how to get the 10%! Now i just need to figure out if going to the s8f is worth it over the s6rui

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #718 of 5,204

I have the S8F, and think very highly of them. Have I ever spent any time with a +$1K earphone? No, but also for the first time I actually have (temporarily I am sure) had my upgrade fever broken. If they aren’t as good or better than a +$1K set I am not currently interested in going there.

I do have and have had +$500 (Elex, Aeon Flow Closed, DT1990, Ether CX) and +$1K headphones (ZMF Eikon)... the S8F beats the pants off of the headphones I have heard/owned, so there is that.

Why doesn’t everyone then just buy these? Well, first not everyone has the same tastes in sound signature. Second, not everyone has been exposed to these (or even know of these). And third, people making any observations are by definition doing so from their own limited perspective - there may well be better that an insufficient number of us just haven’t heard yet. I for one completely understand and appreciate the diversity in this hobby.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #719 of 5,204

The S6RUI is a better Iem than the Andromeda. There's no question in my mind about that. Campfire is good but overpriced, compare their overhead to that of some of the chifi folks....

These are competitive with my RHA cl2, that really surprised me...... The CL2 is still cleaner and more detailed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back