1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last
  1. warriorpoet
    In my experience "pro" products tend to shoot for a more even, less exciting presentation. It's easier to deal with live than a bunch of "intense" shouting at you; playing live is plenty intense on its own! The one thing I will say I'm already disappointed by is your graph. "Pro" is very much not about a V-shaped signature. I'll have to see if I can deal with that after mine arrive...

FlySweep and manukmanohar like this.
  2. cr3ativ3
    I think it’s depends on the used dap . Example on the qp2r it’s a freaking great difference ... everybody should notice.
    But for the Ibasso dx150 /200 there are very good amp modules for single ended ...or the Dacamp L1 sound very nice on se. both can sound good. But in most cases ( what I heard so far ) balance is the better way to go

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  3. Ollie the bear
    I can’t answer your question but I can tel you my experience with the S6. I experienced hiss using it with Dragonfly Red and had to get an impedance adapter to solve the issue

Researcher likes this.
  4. headenvelopedinsound
    I am planning to hold off and see impressions and more interested in seeing what the S6pro is all about. Hopeful it’ll be more in line with what I was hoping the S8pro was promised to be.

FlySweep and manukmanohar like this.
  5. headenvelopedinsound
    72E256CC-CAD8-4A03-98AC-77D542CF290D.png
    Totally great description. My Westone UM Pro 20s are kinda dark but do a great job of just being easy to monitor on for hours on end. Nothing shouting in the mids and no real treble peaks to cause fatigue. I’d like your input when you get those in. I monitor mainly from the internal headphone mixer of my Voicelive 3 and feed my L6 Helix into that as well. Overall best sounding live rig I’ve had. Do backing tracks from my iPhone that’s also fed into the VL3. Anyway we are pretty well in the same boat. I need clear clean sound and why I went with the Alclair RSM customs but couldn’t ever get the custom fit right... sound was on point though.

warriorpoet likes this.
  6. Researcher
    Got a DFR too. Do you think s8f too could end up with hiss?

7. manukmanohar
    I agree. But, to be clear, you can get less exciting sound signature, but very resolving iems, as resolution is not directly dependent on that. I was hoping S8 Pro was that .

FlySweep and warriorpoet like this.
  8. warriorpoet
    My W40s are similar, though I've had to do some tweaking to get them closer to what I want (less mid-bass). It's that resolution and accuracy I'm after with the S8s. If they're another V shaped pseudo-monitor I think I might cry :joy:

I'm not hearing that the details aren't there, just that those details are presented in a less exciting/ noticeable manner. I may be wrong, but that's not how I read HBB's post.

Monitoring is absolutely dependent upon resolution, but is equally dependent upon details being presented in an accurate non-colored manner. That can make for some pretty flat listening, but it's an essential characteristic for live and/ or studio use. I can't tell you how much I struggle finding accurate presentation of details in space. It's truly mind-boggling how many "pro" products are simply somewhat tweaked consumer/ V/ Harmon curves, and not being able to go custom IEMs in my case severely limits my options.

I'll have to see how they work out when they get here, just got the shipping notice from Penon Friday.

9. manukmanohar
    Yeah, I was going by HBB's "graphs are similar technical abilities are not" comment. But, I guess it could be interpreted that way as well? S6 Pro Frequency curve seems about right; wish S8 Pro was similar.

What I found interesting was HBB's comment that S6RUI actually sounds similar to S8F, despite the fact that S8Pro graphs very similar to S6RUI.

@Hawaiibadboy ,
    Was both the S6Rui and S8Pro graphed using the same source? Wondering if the S8Pro's have a non-flat Impedance curve which can lead it being sounding very different, based on your source's OI. ? (like Massdrop Plus or CA Andromeda)

warriorpoet likes this.
  10. Carlsan
    ... and that is why I never trust graphs.

warriorpoet likes this.
  11. warriorpoet
    I'll find out on my end soon enough!

This is a very good question

Ha! Good policy!

12. Skint
    OK just got the S8f with standard shell/faceplates. Listening to them on my (now fixed) Cowon PM2.

I still need to run them in (yes i believe in that) but first impressions:

Very musical, LOTS of micro details (on thing i love about IEMs) and slightly rolled off but all there treble.

I mostly listen to rock/edm/hip hop and it seems really at home with all these. I am comparing these mostly to my custom JH Angie's which so far have only been significantly best'd by the EE Legend X (and I've listened to most of the TOTL iem's out).

IMO these are on par with my Angie's (which is HIGH praise, especially noting I am comparing custom vs. universal) but with treble slightly more under control. Certainly seem more sensitive than the Angie's as I can hear some very slight background hiss which I never noticed before on the PM2.

Actually brought these for my wife but may end up keeping them unless the ACME is something incredibly special - still want a custom Legend X but have to buy a house first :angry:

Cable is really nice (soft, not microphonics) but I will probably put a black one on there because I prefer a more stealthy look.

Anyway, another spot on recommendation HBB.

Will give updated impressions after a some more listening.

13. hemipowered007
    Ok so really how far off the the s6rui from the s8f? Is it really not enough to justify opting for the s8f instead? Its 100 difference but if its worth it in the end then that's all thays important

14. jnsaudiophile
    My order still hasnt been shipped by Lillian. I ordered on 03/08 and I think Fearless just has tons of orders and can't make them fast enough. ;(

warriorpoet likes this.
  15. cr3ativ3
    same here , 03/11 , i hope for next week

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last