FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #305 of 5,204
What's the difference in sound between the S5 and S6?

Detail.

One is falling off a cliff at apprx 5.5Khz the other starts to drop but holds it's stuff at a lower lower level across 6.5-11Khz
Seems like that is audible to me.

Still think for the $ the S6r is the best value in the series. More cash paying buyers will fill up this thread with their 2 cents which is worth more than mine since they paid. Value is always determined by the buyer so I'll just put in my 1 cent till they arrive :)

IMG_0004(1).JPG IMG_0002(1).JPG

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #306 of 5,204
Detail.

One is falling off a cliff at apprx 5.5Khz the other starts to drop but holds it's stuff at a lower lower level across 6.5-11Khz
Seems like that is audible to me.

Still think for the $ the S6r is the best value in the series. More cash paying buyers will fill up this thread with their 2 cents which is worth more than mine since they paid. Value is always determined by the buyer so I'll just put in my 1 cent till they arrive :)

I'm trying to determine if it's really necessary to get the S8F and go through the hassle of waiting to get them and then selling one of the pairs (knowing myself, I'm still 95% likely to do it).

The S6RUI is very very good. I'm not sure the S8F could be.... Objectively better in a truly noticeable sense given the technical differences (seems like the extra sound tube could offer a bit better sense of depth/width/height). Having listened to a good number of pairs, there's nothing out there I've heard that's a true "level up" from these.

Damn it, I know I'm going to do it though...

@Hawaiibadboy I really would love to offer a EQ/DSP fiends second opinion on the S10. Obviously i'd pay (pal) for shipping both ways....

@Everyone else, If your want some proof he's not a complete shill, how much sense would it make for him to say the most expensive pair they make is essentially crap?

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #308 of 5,204
I wish I wouldn't have read this thread. Would love to know any thoughts on the s6rui/s8f against the ex1000 just since I own them. I know theyre was different but, ya know, would be cool. I recently bought the moondrop kpe and like it, and was looking at the A8 but this s8f seems the better of the 2 from the little info that's out there. Those wood backs look amazing. Just like the Harman target curve tuning the kpe has and would like that elaborated and brought to a more totl sound. Hope to read more reviews soon but man these are tempting and can be very good looking for the extra money to go back plates

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #309 of 5,204
Mar 9, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #310 of 5,204
I'm trying to determine if it's really necessary to get the S8F and go through the hassle of waiting to get them and then selling one of the pairs (knowing myself, I'm still 95% likely to do it).

The S6RUI is very very good. I'm not sure the S8F could be.... Objectively better in a truly noticeable sense given the technical differences (seems like the extra sound tube could offer a bit better sense of depth/width/height). Having listened to a good number of pairs, there's nothing out there I've heard that's a true "level up" from these.

I hope you're right. I just sold my S4's and after mulling over the S8's I decided to get the S6rui's instead.

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #311 of 5,204
Will be interested on your views of the S8 PRO vs S8f.
Very much interested in this as well. I've been lurking over the last few weeks to get good recommendations for a new set IEMs for stage use. The S8P are extremely intriguing.

S6 PRO and S8 PRO should be coming in a day or so

Haven't heard about the S6 Pro. Do you have any links or details?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #312 of 5,204
Very much interested in this as well. I've been lurking over the last few weeks to get good recommendations for a new set IEMs for stage use. The S8P are extremely intriguing.

Haven't heard about the S6 Pro. Do you have any links or details?

Could be a shipping list Typo but 2 more on the way and S8 Pro and S6 Pro are their names. I'll know if it's a typo tomorrow :)

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #314 of 5,204
I just picked up my S6's ... Purchased from linsoul and I paid $55 more for a fancy faceplate ... All is good ... Sounding great ... Only listening for 5 minutes ...

The reason I am posting is my package has an additional $30 invoice slip from linsoul?

What is that for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back