FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #4,788 of 5,204
Hi All. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement of the cable supplied with my S8F? I’m one of those people who makes cables go stiff after a few months. I need to swap them out periodically.

I’ve tried a few with the S8F but I cannot get a ‘safe’ fit. Only the original is properly connected and would not fall off if I tried to make it.

So, two questions if I may:

does anyone know where I can buy one of these:

or,

could suggest a replacement that fits as well, and securely, as the original? I don’t want to spend hundreds because they never last me more than 6 months.

Hi. I have had S8F and love it pretty much
I am tempted to buy S8Z too, attracted by a kind of S8p on steroids idea some reviews made me put together.
I do not like much the S8F heavy original cable, with too big splitter and chin adjuster.
Pretty soon I changed it with this found on AE:

20200627_162005.jpg

AK ***** 8 Core
Surprising. Good priced, it has a perfect 2pin fit and hold, it is well made but as wished lighter and soft asmuch, great sounding. I do not think I will change it antime soon.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #4,789 of 5,204
Hi. I have had S8f and love it pretty much
I am tempted to buy S8z too, attracted by a kind of S8p on steroids idea some reviews made me put together.
I do not like much the S8f heavy original cable, with too big splitter and chin adjuster.
Pretty soon I changed it with this found on AE:

20200627_162005.jpg
AK **** 8 Core
Surprising. Good priced, it has a perfect 2pin fit and hold, it is well made but as wished lighter and soft asmuch, great sounding. I do not think I will change it antime soon.
Oooooohhh, beautiful. I really have an affinity for well implemented red/blue IEMs.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #4,791 of 5,204
I’m considering buying the S6rui, especially since my color and faceplate options, normally an extra $50, is still $389. Linsoul just sent me a $30 gift certificate too.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,793 of 5,204
I went ahead and ordered the S6 Rui ... those that bought an SM series faceplate, are there Fearless logos?

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,796 of 5,204
Just got a set of S8F’s in the mail today. They sound absolutely amazing using the stock medium tips. They basically have the sound I’ve been wanting/hearing in my head. Time to save up for a custom set! I honestly think these are my endgame IEM’s. I’m currently using them with my DX160.

We always think endgame when we find something we really like, but the only way that will happen is if you never visit head-fi again, otherwise, you’ll be enticed by newer, shinier gear.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #4,798 of 5,204
Haha, very true. I’d still like to have a set of 64 Audio U12’s.

The Nio looks interesting as well. I have six iems in my collection, including the A8000, but damn it if I don’t lust for the freshest new face!

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #4,799 of 5,204
The Nio looks interesting as well. I have six iems in my collection, including the A8000, but damn it if I don’t lust for the freshest new face!
I really like the looks of it also. I’m hoping it’s a mix of the N8 and U12t.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #4,800 of 5,204
So I listened to Dream Theater’s “Black Clouds & Silver Linings” album last night. I’m a huge DT geek, and being a musician I know their sound intimately, especially in regards to guitar tone. Having seen the tour in support of this album, it sounded like they were playing in front of me and I had the best seat in the house, without an audience being there. It was truly amazing. The S8F’s are truly something special IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back