FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 22, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #4,681 of 5,204
“I don't have much experience in this hobby, so please take what I say with a grain of salt, haha.”

Maybe so, but that was a great description, thanks!

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #4,682 of 5,204
DC1FF985-5769-4995-9D83-B4B852C14D8A.jpeg

Terrible timing for an expensive IEM I guess. No one is purchasing it.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #4,683 of 5,204

It’s certainly a lot of money to throw down blind. There’s a pass-around going through Singapore right now; hopefully the same will be true for the States and other countries.

I think Crin himself has mentioned that he doesn’t intend for the Dawn to have a hype train, and that preferably it should garner it’s own reputation.

The distinction here being that with a hype train sales tend to spike early and then drop dead. Conversely, if you build up a reputation slowly, sales are initially low, but will be much higher in the long run. So I figure sales will pick up as more people try/buy the IEM for themselves.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #4,684 of 5,204
As good as the Dawn may be, which may be perfect for a lot of people, it doesn’t seem like it’s the ideal IEM for Crin himself. I really hope it becomes popular and sells well, that way Crin may be able to work with Fearless and actually design an IEM from the ground up, rather than just tune a pre-existing design. I imagine he would want a hybrid DD/BA IEM w/o the electrets.

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #4,685 of 5,204
I believe the price is actually the biggest problem here. The tuning may be good, but there are very few people that's actually willing to pay this much for a iem, when there are already much safer options for people willing to spend that much. I think for the tec in question something around U$999 would be a much better/safer price.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #4,686 of 5,204
I believe the price is actually the biggest problem here. The tuning may be good, but there are very few people that's actually willing to pay this much for a iem, when there are already much safer options for people willing to spend that much. I think for the tec in question something around U$999 would be a much better/safer price.
Yes. That’s exactly the problem with tuning an expensive pre-existing design. Take away the electrets and at least two BAs, use a DD, and the cost of parts could be a lot less. If he could take a design like the Legacy 9 or even Legacy 3, and tune it closer to his ideal FR curve, that would probably sound and sell great.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #4,687 of 5,204
Yes. That’s exactly the problem with tuning an expensive pre-existing design. Take away the electrets and at least two BAs, use a DD, and the cost of parts could be a lot less. If he could take a design like the Legacy 9 or even Legacy 3, and tune it closer to his ideal FR curve, that would probably sound and sell great.
Yes! In this price range I believe people would be much more interested in this product.

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #4,689 of 5,204
In terms of a flatter response, what would be better, the s8p or the s8z? Trying to find a daily listener that can double as a stage monitor and mixing reference in ears.
I wish I could try them all, but I’ve been researching the S8Z lately, as it reportedly has the smoothest and most balanced signature, though with less bass. I too have been looking at using them as stage monitors.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #4,690 of 5,204
I wish I could try them all, but I’ve been researching the S8Z lately, as it reportedly has the smoothest and most balanced signature, though with less bass. I too have been looking at using them as stage monitors.

Every review I have seen seems to like the S8Z a great deal. I am willing to give up bass slam if things remain clean and even, and that’s coming from a bass player.

It would be cool to hear about them from a musicians reference point who is comparing the in ears from the big USA companies. The problem is, every musician I know can barely afford the one pair, much less try out several. Which is where I’m at, stuck with just making a leap and not really knowing how they’d perform in my situation. But, I’m almost certain they’d be better than my KS10pro or my Shure 315.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #4,691 of 5,204
But, I’m almost certain they’d be better than my KS10pro or my Shure 315.

I have the Fearless S6Pro and I can tell you that is going to be much better than those two IEMs you listed. In fact, a lot of cheaper IEMs will sound better. The Moondrop Starfield or Etymotic ER2 comes to mind for something ~$150.

IMHO for stage monitoring, the most important thing really is isolation. As far as mixing goes... you don't really want to be mixing with in-ears. It's good for a quick reference but shouldn't be the main mix standard.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #4,692 of 5,204
Every review I have seen seems to like the S8Z a great deal. I am willing to give up bass slam if things remain clean and even, and that’s coming from a bass player.

It would be cool to hear about them from a musicians reference point who is comparing the in ears from the big USA companies. The problem is, every musician I know can barely afford the one pair, much less try out several. Which is where I’m at, stuck with just making a leap and not really knowing how they’d perform in my situation. But, I’m almost certain they’d be better than my KS10pro or my Shure 315.

Hey man! I'm a music industry professional and have owned several pairs of IEMs for stage use as well as casual listening. I've reviewed quite a few too. You can't go wrong with Fearless' S8 series. I reviewed the Fearless S8F (link) a few months back and still love it! I can help if you have any specific questions, PM me.

@FcConstruct is right. These are WAY better than the ones you have mentioned in your post. :)

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #4,693 of 5,204
I typically drum in a fully enclosed cage, so isolation is extremely important for me. So far, I’ve liked using multi flange tips, with Shure or Etymotic. I think the ER2XR or ER3XR would be great, as a bassist, if you can get along with the deep insertion. Well defined and clear lows, that are not overdone, with clarity through the rest of the spectrum. I’m sure any of the S8s are amazing as well, I’m just slightly hesitant due to the more V-shaped signature. I would just avoid any single DD IEMs, due to lack of isolation, since they are vented and don’t use tubed drivers.

Incidentally, I actually don’t like IEMs specifically for drummers/bassists. The bass is usually too boosted, and for me, I have no problem hearing my instrument. I need to hear the vocals and guitars clearly, so more mid-centric IEMs work best for me.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #4,694 of 5,204
DC1FF985-5769-4995-9D83-B4B852C14D8A.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, that listing is for Aliexpress. Linsoul likely has a number of orders that are counted/show up on there.

For everyone curious about the Fearless Dawn, I highly suggest listening to this podcast:
https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/04/audio-discourse-podcast-1-crinacle-dawn.html

It's an interview with people who have heard the Dawn and other TOTL IEMs and discuss it's strengths, weaknesses, who its for, etc.

And on here https://www.audiodiscourse.com/p/podcast.html you can find interviews with Crinacle himself talking about the Dawn.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #4,695 of 5,204
I typically drum in a fully enclosed cage, so isolation is extremely important for me. So far, I’ve liked using multi flange tips, with Shure or Etymotic. I think the ER2XR or ER3XR would be great, as a bassist, if you can get along with the deep insertion. Well defined and clear lows, that are not overdone, with clarity through the rest of the spectrum. I’m sure any of the S8s are amazing as well, I’m just slightly hesitant due to the more V-shaped signature. I would just avoid any single DD IEMs, due to lack of isolation, since they are vented and don’t use tubed drivers.

Incidentally, I actually don’t like IEMs specifically for drummers/bassists. The bass is usually too boosted, and for me, I have no problem hearing my instrument. I need to hear the vocals and guitars clearly, so more mid-centric IEMs work best for me.

Aren't the multi-flange tips on the SE846 too bassy then? I've been interested in the 8Z as a way to gain some clarity and neutrality in comparison to the 846. Lately I've been finding the bass on the Shures a bit fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back