FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #4,126 of 5,204
Thanks for that. It was Linsoul I was dealing with. I got a full refund in the end.

As I say, I get that ‘stuff’ happens and things are delayed. Being told that something’s shipped when it hasn’t (twice), that’s something I’m not keen on.

I still really want to try the Roland though! :)

To be fair, it’s probably worked out in my favour. I’ll more than likely get the E01 for the Cayin N6ii which is single ended only. More money for my Roland fund!

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #4,127 of 5,204
Thanks for that. It was Linsoul I was dealing with. I got a full refund in the end.

As I say, I get that ‘stuff’ happens and things are delayed. Being told that something’s shipped when it hasn’t (twice), that’s something I’m not keen on.

I still really want to try the Roland though! :)
Get it from penon :D

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #4,128 of 5,204
Isn't that a V shape signature? How is a bass boost with treble extension.. flat?
Often a subtle V gets described like this. But it can also be a description of someone who doesn’t want a forward midrange.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #4,129 of 5,204
Hi can someone compare this to fh7 by fiio?i want to get ciem done by them and get the freedom. Dont know where to start. Dont knoe anything about ciems. All i know is that i want to have a good fit iems. I spent goood amount of money for my fh7 but it keeps falling out. Help!

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #4,130 of 5,204
Just a heads up- you can get them in CIEM as well for a pretty negligible upcharge.
Not a bad option! I'm reconsidering my decision to ditch them on the FS board. Really enjoying them alot more with the gray exterior/blue internal medium silicone tips. At least I'm assuming they're the medium size, 1 up from the smallest supplied size. Does anyone know what these are called, I haven't delved too deep in silicone due to their lack of isolation vs foam. I am however finding the fit to produce great bass, very similar to the foams.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #4,131 of 5,204
Not a bad option! I'm reconsidering my decision to ditch them on the FS board. Really enjoying them alot more with the gray exterior/blue internal medium silicone tips. At least I'm assuming they're the medium size, 1 up from the smallest supplied size. Does anyone know what these are called, I haven't delved too deep in silicone due to their lack of isolation vs foam. I am however finding the fit to produce great bass, very similar to the foams.
TennMarks. They're my favorite for minimal isolation, too. Symbio W are also fantastic on those IEMs.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #4,132 of 5,204
In my mind I would want the treble to be as extended as possible but without peaks so it doesn't become sibilant if this makes sense.
I am looking for exact sound signature with punching but tight bass and extended midbass I think Roland might be perfect but it's out of my reach at 1K$ unless Singles day fearless offer substantial discounts, also I can get second hand Solaris for same money and it will have a better resale value than Roland.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #4,134 of 5,204
I thought I'd provide an update for those who might be interested and/or considering this and wanted to be aware of process, costs, and risks involved.

I contacted DD-Audio Store on AliExpress as I had some questions about the process before buying. After they were answered without issue, I paid for the S5H's and added the order # to our ongoing communication thread. They sent an address in China to ship my impressions. Once they receive them, I will pay the extra $ via Paypal to cover the custom costs.

The box containing my ear impressions/molds was small & light (5x7x2in, 0.25lbs approx). Air shipping options from Canada were: $13 for 6-12 bus days untracked, or $75+ ~6 business day guarantee tracked. I selected the former.

If this information is useful to anyone, I will continue to post updates until I receive the CIEMs. Likewise if this is not appropriate for this forum, let me know and I'll stop :)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #4,135 of 5,204
Lurker here - but I've just ordered Custom S5H's for use as stage monitors. Not sure on turnaround time (I will be mailing my ear impressions to them, as I couldn't find any place locally that'd produce a 3D scan file).

Currently using SE535, will post some comments when I receive them.

Good luck with fit. I do have a set of digital impressions, but am scared of having to send any back for refit. Europes one thing, china is another!

Oct 18, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4,136 of 5,204
Good luck with fit. I do have a set of digital impressions, but am scared of having to send any back for refit. Europes one thing, china is another!

I hear you... definitely a risk. I spoke at length to the person who took the impressions, and am confident that they are OK.. whether that will translate into properly-fitted IEMs? Time will tell

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #4,137 of 5,204
I'm workin on it right now. :) Glad you like S8F those are awesome.

Morning, is this anywhere closer to being good to go? Super keen to hear them! :)

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #4,139 of 5,204
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #4,140 of 5,204
Silly question, but do you think the Roland is sensitive enough to be run off of a Trn bt20s or a Fostex tm2 Bluetooth modules but not too sensitive for a hiss? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back