FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 19, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #3,947 of 5,204
There is one from VE. Elysium, it swaps the driver. BAs=Bass, DD=Mids, Electret=Highs

Different approach than what roland has.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #3,948 of 5,204
With GuCraftsman occ copper cable and ES100 already arrived and with S8F wood series, BQEYZ Spring 1, and some wide bore whirlwind tips and pelican 1010 on the way it feels like Xmas indeed.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #3,949 of 5,204
There is one from VE. Elysium, it swaps the driver. BAs=Bass, DD=Mids, Electret=Highs

Different approach than what roland has.
That's odd. I'd understand it in a cheap chifi pair but that's a lot of money to approach a tuning counterintuitively. You're looking at a pretty specific consumer who prefers BA bass and dynamic mids.

If anything I want a DD-sub bass, planar-bass, mids, electret-high. I'd hand someone my wallet for a good set that can do that (not IMR-rah, which is the closest without the EST, with no crossover).

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #3,950 of 5,204
That's odd. I'd understand it in a cheap chifi pair but that's a lot of money to approach a tuning counterintuitively. You're looking at a pretty specific consumer who prefers BA bass and dynamic mids.

If anything I want a DD-sub bass, planar-bass, mids, electret-high. I'd hand someone my wallet for a good set that can do that (not IMR-rah, which is the closest without the EST, with no crossover).
for someone who craves for transparency, elysium is for. That's the reason they put BAs as a bass i guess. And the mids DD is to produce that tonality for vocals.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #3,951 of 5,204
for someone who craves for transparency, elysium is for. That's the reason they put BAs as a bass i guess. And the mids DD is to produce that tonality for vocals.
Weird that they'd trust a BA for bass and not for mids too. Ideally, I'd guess a majority of us would prefer a planar for mids, timbre wise, but a BA probably technically offers better transients than a DD. It's still a puzzling choice to me. Sounds like someone's pet project. But will it sell?

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,952 of 5,204
Weird that they'd trust a BA for bass and not for mids too. Ideally, I'd guess a majority of us would prefer a planar for mids, timbre wise, but a BA probably technically offers better transients than a DD. It's still a puzzling choice to me. Sounds like someone's pet project. But will it sell?
Idk but there is already a full review on it. Just look up on head-fi. I know that guy for quite awhile and i trust his review. That definitely a set for transparency.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #3,953 of 5,204

I heard it in Tokyo.

$3200 or yen 356,000

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,954 of 5,204
I heard it in Tokyo.

$3200 or yen 356,000
What's your impression? A transparency set? Flat bass with punch when it needs and the vocals/highs are the center of the presentation?

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,955 of 5,204
What's your impression? A transparency set? Flat bass with punch when it needs and the vocals/highs are the center of the presentation?

I was in e-earphone to buy the Flagship Sony and heard them. ( I have EX1000 EX800ST XB90EX and MA900 and MDR Z1R) = Fanboy
So I cannot recall clearly. Remember the set layout as they had an advertising board. Not sure if it ever got off the ground much over here yet.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #3,956 of 5,204
I was in e-earphone to buy the Flagship Sony and heard them. ( I have EX1000 EX800ST XB90EX and MA900 and MDR Z1R) = Fanboy
So I cannot recall clearly. Remember the set layout as they had an advertising board. Not sure if it ever got off the ground much over here yet.

Hey mate, how does the S8pro compare to the Legend X - I'm really torn about letting my LX go, but the mids ... just not what i'm looking for (i like thumping bass, but with clear detailed mids, and highs - meh, don't really care lol)

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #3,957 of 5,204

Elysium? It does sell... but its release in Korea got overshadowed by the Erklonig.

So many people just want the most expensive product. :unamused:

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #3,960 of 5,204
Hey mate, how does the S8pro compare to the Legend X - I'm really torn about letting my LX go, but the mids ... just not what i'm looking for (i like thumping bass, but with clear detailed mids, and highs - meh, don't really care lol)

More micro details on LX but mids are overpowered by a potent bass. S8P is more tilted to studio use. Graph is not so different from S8F but replay is notably less intense. Mids are great.

Question ... Could damage be done to IEMs if you use a voltmeter's continuity test?

I wouldn't think so but hopefully someone else can confirm or you could ask in the Sound Science part of the forum to be certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back