FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 16, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,916 of 5,204
I have been listening to 244 variations of IEM in past year and I got stuck on Roland. I reached out to Fearless to get a custom capped version and no reply....LOL
I will work on that. I did note I have to rotate the iem a tad forward to get that long stem facing the sweet spot and get the best fit.

I ..just..want..a custom cap :frowning2:
I wish I had go for customs with Lx too .. :frowning2:

Another off topic question.. will you review the new Andromeda Gold ? Maybe do a compare to fearless line to get back to topic :D

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #3,917 of 5,204
I have been listening to 244 variations of IEM in past year and I got stuck on Roland. I reached out to Fearless to get a custom capped version and no reply....LOL
I will work on that. I did note I have to rotate the iem a tad forward to get that long stem facing the sweet spot and get the best fit.

Have you tried Lillian yet? She got me hooked up within 24 hours...

BTW, whatever your privacy settings are, I have something to PM you and you're unable to receive them :wink:

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #3,918 of 5,204

They are busy now at Fearless, I guess, we're not a minority after all:) .
Roland is near perfect for me, no major issues with fit...
Interesting observation: After Roland, I'm having hard time switching to any IEM, where upper treble is done by BA, even to Sony ier-M9 & N3ap with their Magnesium Super-twitter. This EST treble is addictive.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #3,920 of 5,204
Have you tried Lillian yet? She got me hooked up within 24 hours...

BTW, whatever your privacy settings are, I have something to PM you and you're unable to receive them :wink:

PM is open now.

They are busy now at Fearless, I guess, we're not a minority after all:) .
Roland is near perfect for me, no major issues with fit...
Interesting observation: After Roland, I'm having hard time switching to any IEM, where upper treble is done by BA, even to Sony ier-M9 & N3ap with their Magnesium Super-twitter. This EST treble is addictive.

No I have never once communicated with Fearless directly. Never. No reply about custom caps.:frowning2:

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #3,922 of 5,204
Hey guys. I'm considering buying the Roland. Is it true that the Roland wire/plug has been UPGRADED due to the early QC issues I've been reading about? Thanks.

Hello, I contacted "Fearless & Linsoul" on Facebook and they replied saying that the Paladin series would come with an upgrade cable. If you're still worried, you might wanna confirm it with them again.

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #3,923 of 5,204
PM is open now.

No I have never once communicated with Fearless directly. Never. No reply about custom caps.:frowning2:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Fearless Audio has actually joined as a member here and I was able to get a contact email from them. I did tell them everyone is currently talking with linsoul to pass on their words but haven't gotten another reply after that.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,924 of 5,204
\ Roland.jpg

Okay so I had some time to try out the new Paladin series IEMs, and while my impressions weren't as negative towards the Rolands as say Toranku's, I did leave quite disappointed (as did the other patron in the shop with me whom I had brief discussions with.

Soundwise I found the Rolands to be quite dark and slightly thick sounding, similar to something you'd get with the Jerry Harvey house sound. The bright side is that the Rolands are a very smooth and non-fatiguing listen, and the con to that is the comparative lack of resolution as a result (will get to that in a bit).

I liked the bass, I found it quite clean and tight with good extension. Not as visceral as something like the Z1R or CE5, but it was actually quite pleasant, kinda just a tiny small notch above what I'd consider neutral. I did like how vocals sounded on these, particularly female vocals which benefited from what I heard to be a relative upper midrange bump. Male vocals sound okay, decent enough. The treble was quite a mixed bag, as many have pointed out they're a little dark and lack extension wise. The cymbal crashes and hi-hats I'm used to hearing sound a little bit reserved and lacking in that air and detail, though strangely trumpets sounded pretty good to me. There's a nice sizeable stage complementing everything.

While I do appreciate a darker sonic signature which i can listen to hours on end without fatigue, I've a significant gripe against the Rolands in terms of resolution, particularly how it presents instruments. As I've mentioned before, cymbals and hi-hats for example sound dull, but on further listening other instruments to tend to suffer as a result. Electric guitars on say "Sultans of Swing" lack bite and texture, the Saxophone solo on Olivia Ong's "So Nice" sounded blunted and muddy. This was especially apparent upon switching to the 64Audio U12t, which basically murdered the Rolands in terms of detailing and clarity on that end.

Personally, I don't think the Paladin series is worth the money asked, especially after I compared them to the Fearless S8Pro, which cost a fair amount less (even with the hot lower treble). If it were up to me, I'd get the Roland out of the 3, given my own preference for a more relaxing listen, but I think objectively I think it's La Hire > Roland > Lancelot.

I'll get to writing more about the impressions when I find the time. At the end of the day, as you can see the hobby can be sometimes massively polarising, so just trust your own ears if possible. Peace everyone and happy listening.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #3,925 of 5,204
Fearless S8 Pro

Fearless S8 Freedom

Fearless S8 Hifi

can anyone tell me whats the difference between them all legit confusing as heck

I was okay with the S8 Pro, but not at all okay with the S8F. I liked the Pro. The latter was treble murder for me, though it's sonic characteristics were basically 90% similar to the former. Get the F if you want more detail and can take harsher treble, Pro otherwise.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #3,926 of 5,204
\

the 64Audio U12t, which basically murdered the Rolands in terms of detailing and clarity on that end.

Murder?

The U12t is a $2000 wallet murderer.

The latter was treble murder for me, .

Murder..

I think the Roland committed manslaughter on the u12t :wink: I thought treble was worst of the 4

This hobby.

Murder and dead wallets everywhere

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #3,929 of 5,204
Man. The more I read people's thought on Headphones, the more I realize that the 6k-10k treble region is where the olives or onions are.

Some people hate, hate, hate emphasis there (the way I hate onions, they literally RUIN otherwise perfectly good dishes even if there is a tiny amount), some people can't get enough of it, and some people don't even notice it (my 37 year old ears and emphasis in this range).

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #3,930 of 5,204
Man. The more I read people's thought on Headphones, the more I realize that the 6k-10k treble region is where the olives or onions are.

Some people hate, hate, hate emphasis there (the way I hate onions, they literally RUIN otherwise perfectly good dishes even if there is a tiny amount), some people can't get enough of it, and some people don't even notice it (my 37 year old ears and emphasis in this range).

I love the S8F and the Roland because they are totally different. I don't want 2,3,4 version of the same thing. The Lahire and even Lancelot are not upgrades to S8F IMO. Roland is in detail and darker tuning in total about face from the S8F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back