Attachments

• DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #3,844 of 5,201
By these you mean?
I know you like both S8F and Roland

For me these should be end-game for at least a year, 2, 3 depends for how long I can resist the new sparkly things.
So basicly at the moment 1k budget. S8F +M11 or just Roland? And keep saving for DAP
The M11Pro also just went on sale. It's like $200 more I think.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #3,845 of 5,201
The M11Pro also just went on sale. It's like $200 more I think.

M11Pro? Sale, and $200 more? I don't quite get that.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #3,848 of 5,201
Ur... I assumed you are talking about the Fiio M11 and I was trying to tell you there's also a M11Pro available for about $200 more than the M11? Which may be what you want with a 1k budget?

Ohh OK, I wasn't aware of the pro version.

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,849 of 5,201
Roland just sound mediocre and no amount of burn in is going to improve that unfortunately
If this is really what you think, i can only wish you good luck in your audiophile journey.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #3,850 of 5,201
My 1010 holds my S8Fs with a big-ass 4-core cable, my ES100, and a little baggie of extra tips. If anything, I wish it were a little tighter of a fit... I posted it earlier in this thread, but I'll edit the pic into this post in a few

Just browsing this thread for additional info...
Yes that's my future setup. Can you post the pic please?

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #3,852 of 5,201
Roland just sound mediocre and no amount of burn in is going to improve that unfortunately
I hear you! Have been there many times. Roland's sound signature, that I would describe as Neutral-dark - is not gonna change enough to turn it into something like LX or Solaris. It largely depends on music. Music I mainly listen to benefits from this kind of sound signature on top of my sensitivity to excessive bass and treble.
I'm getting impression now, that happy owners of Roland IEM are a minority here..?:alien:
Especially after reading toranku impression.
In any case - I wish you good luck finding your end-game IEM...:vulcan:

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #3,854 of 5,201
I hear you! Have been there many times. Roland's sound signature, that I would describe as Neutral-dark - is not gonna change enough to turn it into something like LX or Solaris. It largely depends on music. Music I mainly listen to benefits from this kind of sound signature on top of my sensitivity to excessive bass and treble.
I'm getting impression now, that happy owners of Roland IEM are a minority here..?:alien:
Especially after reading toranku impression.
In any case - I wish you good luck finding your end-game IEM...:vulcan:

No, mostly people are extremely happy with them.

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #3,855 of 5,201
Move this to the Sound Science section.
Burn in is very real and has been debated to death... If you can't hear it, more power to you.
But yeah...Science section. ...

Not to start or continue a debate on burn-in. Instead I want to point out the asymmetry, or possibly hypocrisy, at work on Head-fi...

Openly stating belief in burn-in, the effects of different cables, etc., is absolutely accepted. No one says that these beliefs should be discussed in a separate, obscure forum. However, questioning these beliefs brings out at minimum requests to move the discussion of dissenting opinions to a forum where virtually no one will see the dissension. And at worst it brings out the Mods who will nuke all posts questioning these acceptable beliefs.

Again, not taking a position on the topics. Simply pointing out an example of how PC thought works - you are perfectly ok to voice your opinions as long as they are on the list of acceptable opinions, but not ok to voice dissenting opinions. After a while the approved opinions then become widely held beliefs and are treated as facts because no one was ever exposed to differing opinions.

I would place at maybe 60% the odds that my post stays up without being deleted because it is considered controversial. Further reinforcing my point. I hope I am wrong and that at least some semblance of allowance for free thought and speech is allowed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back