FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 15, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,941 of 5,201
Regardless, if the protests continue, stuff from or through Hong Kong could get really messed up. Probably not the best timing to order through HK at the moment...

I mean, that's my pretty selfish audiophile view that legitimate civil unrest is conceivably causing delays to my audio products, right? But still, that's the real world implications of what's happening in Hong Kong to me here in the middle of the US....

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,943 of 5,201
I ordered through Linsoul last Friday because they weren't yet available on Penon. The DHL Express number still isn't active nearly a week later.

Go with Penon.

Edit: as far as I can tell, Penon still doesn't have Roland
I emailed them 3 days ago. They said they can quote for me for the Roland without being in the website yet. Just because they didn't update the website doesn't mean that they don't have yet. That's what they said. I think I'll buy my Roland from Penon. One big PLUS is, Penon accept return.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #2,944 of 5,201
yes , they ship first with a local post service to hongkong... took over a week till dhl tracking worked..
if you ask them they can provide the "other" tracking number.. if i remember right it was 4px
This is an awfully strange way of doing business. When you quote 3-10 days, it ought to be 3-10 days, not 3-10 days after a third party delivers it to a fourth...

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,945 of 5,201
I emailed them 3 days ago. They said they can quote for me for the Roland without being in the website yet. Just because they didn't update the website doesn't mean that they don't have yet. That's what they said. I think I'll buy my Roland from Penon. One big PLUS is, Penon accept return.
I've had very good experiences with Penon, thought customer service doesn't reply quite as quickly as Linsoul. The Linsoul folks have been very friendly and courteous, but the shipping experience thus far has left much to be desired...

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #2,946 of 5,201
I've had very good experiences with Penon, thought customer service doesn't reply quite as quickly as Linsoul. The Linsoul folks have been very friendly and courteous, but the shipping experience thus far has left much to be desired...
Yes, Penon doesnt have any US representative. They will reply late at night US time. Basically Hong Kong time. They reply me everytime at night. No big deal.

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #2,947 of 5,201
@twiceboss @cr3ativ3 Hong Kong protests confirmed as the shipping problem. I certainly can't blame Linsoul for that. They are going above and beyond, sending it another way.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #2,948 of 5,201
@twiceboss @cr3ativ3 Hong Kong protests confirmed as the shipping problem. I certainly can't blame Linsoul for that. They are going above and beyond, sending it another way.
Keep on them, this has the potential to be tiannanman square 2.0, literally AT the hong Kong airport, so not the best place to ship through at the moment....

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #2,949 of 5,201
the best time to hold my 1 grand and read more reviews.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #2,950 of 5,201
Keep on them, this has the potential to be tiannanman square 2.0, literally AT the hong Kong airport, so not the best place to ship through at the moment....
Sounds like they redirected through the mainland, which costs them more. I agree; I don't like the looks of this at all. At. All.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #2,952 of 5,201
this is exactly my thought as well. I was so ready to jump the gun but I was reminded of the protests and also thinking if anything should happen to my Rolands if customer service would be a nightmare.
if you use cc, it will be protected with disputes charge if you didnt receive the goods :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #2,955 of 5,201
For all the speculations about the HK protest causing delay. Unless your forwarding company is actually located in HK and actually ordered your product to be shipped to them then ship it to you locally, I don't think it could be that be that big of a problem. Fearless is actually located in AnShan which is closer to north korea than beijing. My forwarding service shipped my s8 out just fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back