FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #2,281 of 5,204
My S10 are still on repair. By the way have you seen this guy's impressions? -

This guy have also heard entire lineup. I agree on most of what he had wrote. Hawaibadboy has a very strong love towards high mids peak which basically equals to detail. That's why many people find these models harsh.

Here is his thread- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tor...nstantly-updated.895832/page-18#post-14887174

Have to update this one again soon. I had fatigue after trying out the entire lineup in 1 go the last time. The S8P is actually less fatiguing than the S8F and has more bass, but at the cost of being bloated.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,282 of 5,204
I have seen his opinions. He by the way promoted s5h instead of s6rui as better sounding. But still are people who listened both and said s6rui clearer and better overall. But i agree with haway boy tendency to like more brighter clearer iems than more relaxed darker type. This comes perhaps from his favorite live music genres where clarity and revealing sharpness is necessary. Other type music sometimes needs more tamed and relaxed tuning in treble so his recs not always are the best for some different listening habits and music. I am planning to get s6rui and hoping that it will be different than my dm6 that came too bright and harsh for me.
I've had S6RUI and sold it to person who owns DM6. I guess you are on the same page with him :)) In any case DM6 are darker(has less treble) overall than S6RUI and DM6 has more sibilance but S6RUI are somehow bright&fatiguing and are not for relaxed listening sessions imho. They are okay, not killing in this region but not neutral or balanced either. Their high mids/lower treble region tends to sound distorted if there are many small details in song like(final fantasy xv - veiled in black as example). On the other hand Badguy has Calyx M which is one of the most relaxed sounding DAPs on the market so it might work well with that particular device while on majority of others you will have the same experience as I've had. I would put S10 over S6RUI by a HUGE margin, more smooth, more air, more balanced, better vocal, imaging and overall quality but I can't say if price difference worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #2,283 of 5,204
I've had S6RUI and sold it to person who owns DM6. I guess you are on the same page with him :)) In any case DM6 are darker(has less treble) overall than S6RUI and DM6 has more sibilance but S6RUI are somehow bright&fatiguing and are not for relaxed listening sessions imho. They are okay, not killing in this region but not neutral or balanced either. Their high mids/lower treble region tends to sound distorted if there are many small details in song like(final fantasy xv - veiled in black as example). On the other hand Badguy has Calyx M which is one of the most relaxed sounding DAPs on the market so it might work well with that particular device while on majority of others you will have the same experience as I've had. I would put S10 over S6RUI by a HUGE margin, more smooth, more air, more balanced, better vocal, imaging and overall quality but I can't say if price difference worth it.
What, anyone who says S6RUI has sibilance does not know crap about proper seal/fit IMO. But you do make me want to try the S10.

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,284 of 5,204
What, anyone who says S6RUI has sibilance does not know **** about proper seal/fit IMO. But you do make me want to try the S10.
You shouldn't be so sure and harsh with that statement.

Understand that canal length and individual ear structure has an effect on peaks in the highs (and to an extent in the lows). People will hear things differently. Take a step back and see the bigger picture.

Realise that your hearing and your reviews are as subjective and only as valid as anybody elses.

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #2,285 of 5,204
interesting indeed.. i am super sensitive to sibilance and tbh neither the s6rui nor the S8F are sibilant to my ears.. at least not on normal volume levels.

But i can understand that it might be fatiguing to listen to em for sone people. Luckily not for me :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #2,286 of 5,204
You shouldn't be so sure and harsh with that statement.

Understand that canal length and individual ear structure has an effect on peaks in the highs (and to an extent in the lows). People will hear things differently. Take a step back and see the bigger picture.

Realise that your hearing and your reviews are as subjective and only as valid as anybody elses.
Maybe I was a little blunt but I have heard a LOT of IEMs and the S6RUI is definitely one of the smoother and less strident ones. It's reflected in my measurements too but whatever...

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #2,287 of 5,204
You made my think twice now. S10 from what you mentioned looks like what i am looking for. Even guy whoo likes treble and higher parts forward after listening my dm6 said for him this intese forwardness is too much. So this is not my only ears for sure. So wondering do this guy found in s6 rui what he was looking for after bgvp dm6. For example Fiio last fh5 and fa7 for my ears doesn't look bright. But fearless shouldn't be worse. S8f i guess too intense for easy listening. So will look closer to s10 now.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,289 of 5,204
I read LMka's statement as the "DM6 has more sibilance", not the Rui.
Case in point "S6RUI are somehow bright&fatiguing and are not for relaxed listening sessions". Couldn't be further from the truth IMO. I don't want an argument but I don't want people getting the wrong impressions either.

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,291 of 5,204
Case in point "S6RUI are somehow bright&fatiguing and are not for relaxed listening sessions". Couldn't be further from the truth IMO. I don't want an argument but I don't want people getting the wrong impressions either.

I can second @crabdog here. I have the S8F and S6RUI both and can tell you that S6RUI's treble is quite smooth!

You can read my review of the S6RUI here.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,292 of 5,204
I read LMka's statement as the "DM6 has more sibilance", not the Rui.
You got it right. S6RUI does not have any sibilance.
S6RUI are borderline bright. I am not speaking about S8F here which are even above that level.

Let's say I find Campfire Andromeda bright, not sibilant but bright. Same goes for S6RUI. S6 are not piercing nor hurting my ears they just have that uncomfortable epmhasis on higher mids/lower treble which many people have already mentioned here. Check one of the first owners comment, as far as I remember he wrote something like "they are borderline raping my ears". That's the closest I feel about them.

S10 are smooth, VERY SMOOTH, not dark, not muffed but smoooooooth, yet they have more treble&highs in comparison to S6. It's just very smoothed out and comfortable to listen without being dark or muffled. Resolving, emotional, done in a very good way. Again I can't justify the price difference but I am very happy with what I hear against S6 which did not really make me happy.

I am the guy who likes smooth & musical above many other things but I don't like muddy sound. 2 best IEMs I've heard recently are Sony IER-M7 and Fearless S10 but Sony has less Treble and sound soverall darker in comparison so S10 are current personal top for me. If you have Fearless locally just go and try them out.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #2,293 of 5,204
Have to update this one again soon. I had fatigue after trying out the entire lineup in 1 go the last time. The S8P is actually less fatiguing than the S8F and has more bass, but at the cost of being bloated.

Bassy? The 8p for me isn't really bassy and in fact I questioned if it was lacking bass punch when I got it. (but turns out my cable was loose and its just perfect as far as bass goes now)

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,294 of 5,204
Bassy? The 8p for me isn't really bassy and in fact I questioned if it was lacking bass punch when I got it. (but turns out my cable was loose and its just perfect as far as bass goes now)

Has more bass than s8f, and is warmer. Will be writing up on it comparing against the s8f

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back