FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 31, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #2,266 of 5,204
You did it well. My ears are "normal" and the S8F has the right size, but should not be bigger. I think that S6Rui is very very close to the S8F, you won't miss a lot (or even nothing) I guess

Thanks for that rec.
I nearly ordered the freedom and if it wasn't for you guys on this thread and hbb posting a comparison pic to dm6 for me then I would of gone ahead and ordered the freedom, which would of been a disaster they definitely wouldn't fit.
Thanks all.

May 31, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #2,267 of 5,204
I took the plunge and got the fearless upgrade cables balanced 4.4. The S8F was good but i wasn't getting a clean response from the lows (sounded alil murky on certain parts of certain intro to songs) and some parts of the highs sounded gritty on my R6 pro.

The upgrade cables did the job, cleaned up the sound and the low end sounds much clearer now and the highs seems to extend abit more now.

It was only disappointing that i ordered a white cable but got a black one instead even though i listed it in my order (although i was given some refund for that). I really like the stock white cable look with my S8F going together. Another disappointment was that there wasn't any labelling/colour coding done on the cables to differentiate between left and right. Cable was said to be a 7N 8 core cable but it seemed to be thinner than the stock cable

May 31, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,268 of 5,204
Ive been trying to read all these pages and havent found a question i have.

Does anyone have or has tried the qdc Anole VX? IMO that is the best sounding iem i have listened to, to date. Are any of fearless IEMs in this category? With the switch(es) on added bass, the qdc's treble is close to "perfect." However, after listening to the UM Maven and its treble separation...I wish the Anole had a bit more sparkle and more bass rumble but it has loads of impact...

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #2,269 of 5,204
Jaben Store in Singapore has a Calyx M / X-Batt Bundle for SGD 699.-. I got mine 2 days ago. With the extra battery, I managed 9 hours with lossless files. The output power is more than sufficient. It has a very clean sound, even if you go loud. You have 3 impedance modes (low, mid and high) to choose from. 2 SD-card slots (normal and micro). I have a GB400 micro SD and it functions perfectly.

At that price and with the extra battery, it is now or never for considering buying this beast, knowing it's a 2014 DAP, so UI is a bit slow, but no big issue IMO, and no EQ.

If you have to pay USD 1'000.- for that DAP, I also would consider something else.
Yeah, it's a bit out of my price range. But thanks for the info. I'm gonna explore other options.

May 31, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #2,270 of 5,204
try the Cowon Plenue L if u have the money . its fits in your pocket , and has a marvelous sound out of the 4.4 balance :) sounds awesome with my fearless :)
Thanks for the rec, but I think that's more than I can afford.

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #2,271 of 5,204
My s6 rui should be here beginning of next week and also a nice new FiiO M11 to boot . Can't wait looking forward to trying them both :)
I'm gonna bet that this combo will be awesome. Please let us know your impressions when you've had a chance to give it all a good listen.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #2,272 of 5,204
Hi All, I am looking for some feedback you on comparison between S8F and S6Rui is the treble on S8F more detailed but sibilant on S8F compared to S6Rui also how it's compared to DM6 which I currently have. Also the bass on S8F goes deeper than S6Rui and DM6? I heard some mix reaction related to S8F if it's bit Sharp in treble in order to extract more details
Thanks for helping me upgrade from DM6.

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #2,273 of 5,204
Hi All, I am looking for some feedback you on comparison between S8F and S6Rui is the treble on S8F more detailed but sibilant on S8F compared to S6Rui also how it's compared to DM6 which I currently have. Also the bass on S8F goes deeper than S6Rui and DM6? I heard some mix reaction related to S8F if it's bit Sharp in treble in order to extract more details
Thanks for helping me upgrade from DM6.
I have both the S8F and DM6. I do not have the S6Rui.

To my 50-something ears, with my gear (R6 Pro), and with my cables (balanced) I can say S8F is not sibilant. The DM6 has more treble energy, but it only gets sibilant if the track has it already - the S8F is more forgiving in the treble region than the DM6, but the opposite of that is that if you like more treble you may like the DM6 more. I like the bass on both, but I think the S8F is better there.

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #2,274 of 5,204
I have both the S8F and DM6. I do not have the S6Rui.

To my 50-something ears, with my gear (R6 Pro), and with my cables (balanced) I can say S8F is not sibilant. The DM6 has more treble energy, but it only gets sibilant if the track has it already - the S8F is more forgiving in the treble region than the DM6, but the opposite of that is that if you like more treble you may like the DM6 more. I like the bass on both, but I think the S8F is better there.
Many thanks for quick feedback when you say bass is better on S8F can you please elaborate if it has more depth and punch or tight and snappy. Thanks

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #2,276 of 5,204
Hey guys!

Here is my review of the Fearless S6RUI - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/22159

S6RUI Solo.jpg S6RUI.jpg S6RUI with cable.jpg

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Cheers! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #2,277 of 5,204
Hey guys!

Here is my review of the Fearless S6RUI - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/22159

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Cheers! :beyersmile:
Thanks for nice review ! How do you find them for nowdays pop or electronic music, do they have enough lows. Is 6rui tuned more musical or analytical? And what source do you recommend for them. As i am thinking to get m11 from fiio which is neutral and more analytical type so if s6rui isn't too much analytical so it should fit quite well. This way it could be possible to listen with them even spotify music, not necessary needing only high res source.

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,278 of 5,204
My S10 are still on repair. By the way have you seen this guy's impressions? -

First Impressions: Fearless S8F, S8P, ACME8 & S10 Genie

S8F
Probably the "stand out" model in the entire Fearless lineup, next to the S5H for me. The S8F is very aggressive in its tuning. Its very clear with sharp and very defined imaging/attack. I'm guessing there's quite an intense rise towards 4k. As a result the lower mids can be positioned behind. Overall tonality seems to be quite uppermidrange boosted leading towards a clear and lean tone. S8F's bass is (perceived) neutral with fantastic speed and control. Huge leap from the previous models I've tried. Lower treble can be peaky and quite aggressive but it is decently extended. The S8F fatigued me out quickly, but it is pretty resolving. Only real downside is that the lower mids cant quite keep up. If not, really good.

S8P
Apparently this one is supposed to be the bassier model but I'm not hearing it at all. Sounded even more aggressive and energetic than the S8F. Sharper treble and uppermids which may kill. Even thinner than the reasonably thin S8F. Not sure what's going on here.

edit: S8P is indeed less bassy as reflected on graphs.

ACME8
Perhaps the most interesting technology of the entire lineup. Uses a crazy long low pass filter for the bass driver that's shaped like a maze. In practice, the ACME8 is warm but with nowhere thunderous bass. Vocals have a nice warm tonality, the best vocals in the entire lineup. Bass can be a bit slow and can be tightened up. Some may find it slightly wooly. Highs are smooth and extended ok-ish. Compared to S5H, it has less uppermids and more warmth. Would rather go with the S5H but they are different.

S10 Genie
The Fearless model that has the most unique tonality of them all. Clearly doesn't follow the typical Fearless house sound with boosted upper mids. The S10 Genie actually VERY LOOSELY (please do not put too much weight into my words) sounded like a Stax SR009 driven by a Blue Hawaii. Tonality and presentation reminded me of it. It's a lightweight sound which some may find that it lacks bite. Treble is actually well extended for what it is, perhaps the best extended in the entire lineup. Airy sound in combination with light weighted notes. Unfortunately, it's lacking in dynamics and can sound overly smoothed out in detail. I want to hear this one with more bass. Make it happen, Fearless.

This guy have also heard entire lineup. I agree on most of what he had wrote. Hawaibadboy has a very strong love towards high mids peak which basically equals to detail. That's why many people find these models harsh.

Here is his thread- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tor...nstantly-updated.895832/page-18#post-14887174

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,279 of 5,204
I have seen his opinions. He by the way promoted s5h instead of s6rui as better sounding. But still are people who listened both and said s6rui clearer and better overall. But i agree with haway boy tendency to like more brighter clearer iems than more relaxed darker type. This comes perhaps from his favorite live music genres where clarity and revealing sharpness is necessary. Other type music sometimes needs more tamed and relaxed tuning in treble so his recs not always are the best for some different listening habits and music. I am planning to get s6rui and hoping that it will be different than my dm6 that came too bright and harsh for me.

Jun 3, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #2,280 of 5,204
I bought s8f after HBB rec and i dont find it harsh absolutely. I got now moondrop Blessing that got a big spike on 8khz and HBB doesnt recommended it.
The 2nd in his top 5 is moondrop a8 that is harman and relaxed, so it is the DM7 that is in position #3.
So i cant agree on fact that HBB recs only brighter iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back