Favorite hard drink?
Jun 12, 2003 at 9:14 AM Post #61 of 80
did you ask for "hard drinks" ? 70° grappa would do it quite well for me after a good dinner.

for the rest, scotch on the rock, mojito and caipirinah
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:20 AM Post #62 of 80
Another fun thing to do is just tell the bartender your general preferences (sour, sweet, creamy, etc) - then tell him/her to make something strong in that genre. I did this once, but don't ask me what she made or how it was, I don't remember
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Oct 8, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #66 of 80
thread revival time
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 5:33 AM Post #67 of 80
fav has to be bacardi....but i mean thats only out of bacardi, smirnoff, malibu and a few others...haha....

whenever i go to parties all there seems to be thats hard is smirnoff...

for no apparent reason, a drink i really wanna try is a tequila sunrise...
smily_headphones1.gif
...it looks so colourful and energetic haha

Oct 8, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #69 of 80
375 ml of smirnoff in about 10 minutes. That was fun stuff.

Thank god I outgrew that though.

I like Apple Juice and Vodka. It goes down so smooth and so quickly. I call it the screwed driver
wink.gif

Vodka goes great with any flavor of kool-aid too.

Oct 8, 2003 at 11:30 AM Post #71 of 80
This thread has inspired me to get aquanted with an old friend again. I've been drinking beer off of the kegerator the past times that i've drank.

vodka, I haven't appreciated you much recently, but Friday night, I'm going to show you a lot of love. Hopefully, You'll do the same to me.

Oct 8, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
vodka + orange juice = screwdriver

For some strange reason I thoughtyou would be a white russian kinda guy Red
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
One very bad thing about Australia: almost every alcohol is a watered down 40% (80 proof) to avoid local taxes that increase dramatically for anything stronger. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater, every scotch, all 40%. It's not the same drink at all. I used to really enjoy gray goose dirty martinis, or sapphire or beefeater martinis. All kinds of cask strength single malts too, and sake, and cognacs were in my NY stockpile.

As a father-to-be in a country with stupid liquor laws I'm getting used to just beer. I haven't had a look in Dan Murphy's huge Chapel St. store yet but I don't hold out much hope. At least great local wine is cheap, and the beer is the best in the world.

That kinda sucks about the liquor laws, but like you said, at least there is a stupendous arrray of very good and very cheap wines. That is one thing I really do miss about Australia. What beers are you enjoying?

Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
redface.gif
absinthe

Where do you get your absinthe from Rick? I noticed Elixirs were recommended by La Fee Verte - have you had any experience with them?

As for me, I am most happy with Cointreau on ice
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 6:25 PM Post #73 of 80
Single malts as follows: Macallan, Cragganmore, and Oban.

Vodka as follows: Stoli's or Stoli's Silver Label, and Grey Goose

Tequila as follows: Patronan Resporado or Gold, and Cabp Resporado or Gold

[Edit] I meant to say Patron Reposado or Gold and Cabo Reposado or Gold. Damn, completely sober and I can't even get it right!
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 6:26 PM Post #74 of 80
I dislike hard alcohol in general, but can stand certain kinds of whiskey.

I guess my favorite "hard" drink is high alcohol content beer. Anywhere from 5.9% to 8.2% does it for me...
biggrin.gif
Hey, the cheap American stuff is fine... goes down smooth and produces the appropriate enjoyable effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back