Favorite hard drink?
Jun 9, 2003 at 7:38 PM Post #16 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
I love a good drink of single-malt scotch with a little ice.

If I EVER catch you doing that, I'll !"#€%&/() you!
wink.gif
Try adding a bit of water instead of the ice, I can assure you it's better
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and if you haven't already, try:

Highland Park 12yo & 17yo
Bowmore 12 yo
Laphroiag 10 yo & 10 yo cask strenght (with water...)
Macallan

which are my favourites at the moment.

/U.

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Nisbeth
If I EVER catch you doing that, I'll !"#€%&/() you!
wink.gif
Try adding a bit of water instead of the ice, I can assure you it's better
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and if you haven't already, try:

Highland Park 12yo & 17yo
Bowmore 12 yo
Laphroiag 10 yo & 10 yo cask strenght (with water...)
Macallan

which are my favourites at the moment.

/U.

Straight, man straight. No ice, no water. Why water down what you are paying for.

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 80
I prefer my whisky neat too, but occasionally a bit of water helps bring out the subtle flavours. In case of the Laphroiagh: The standard 10 yo is 43% ABV, and tastes like drinking a bonfire (
very_evil_smiley.gif
). The cask strength version tastes the same but at 57,3 % ABV, it has some additional flames.....
wink.gif

My brother can drink it neat, but he's in high school, so he'll pretty much drink anything with alcohol in it
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Jun 9, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #21 of 80
Gin and tonic is good... Sometimes an ice-cold Richard is real good as well. (that stuff you mix with water and it turns milky)

When I'm in the mood for something sweet, a Harvey Wallbanger does the trick. (vodka, galliano, orange juice)

salt, Tequila and lemon is a very nice and exciting thing... I like shooting it with someone else. (preferably OFF someone else, someone nice looking..
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Jun 9, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #23 of 80
I've never used just water... I've also heard that some people use distilled water instead of tap. I guess I should try both. The ice cools down the whiskey which is nice, but I end up needing to drink the whiskey fast so it doesn't get too watered down. Again, though, a little water is good with some whiskeys. With something like Gentleman Jack or Old Granddad 100, it's pretty much all in the kick so water doesn't seem to help.

Thanks a great deal for the recommendations -- I'm always looking for something new to try. I just hope that they're not too expensive! I have a hard time paying more than $30 for 750ml.
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #24 of 80
Long Island Iced Tea, or a bourbon and cola.
-Mag

Jun 9, 2003 at 8:46 PM Post #25 of 80
Treble Vodka and Coke for me. Works wonders every time
wink.gif

Alternatively, if your feeling very brave, try a session of aftershocks washed down with treble vodka and red bull's.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 9:04 PM Post #26 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Thanks a great deal for the recommendations -- I'm always looking for something new to try. I just hope that they're not too expensive! I have a hard time paying more than $30 for 750ml.
frown.gif

Your'e welcome! These are all well-know malts, so you might be able to find minatures somewhere near you. Pretty expensive, but it beats paying through the nose for something you don't like.
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Jun 9, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #27 of 80
Cranberry and rum. Was recently in St Croix - Cruzan Rum is pretty good.

I've always loved Jack Daniels and coke. Switched to JD on the rocks but needed something mellower. I discovered Gentleman Jack! Now that's the bomb!!!!!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #29 of 80
any single malt whiskey will do, but Oban is my personal favourite. like good music, theres so many layers in there it'll keep coming back for a lifetime, and enough smoothness so you just kick back with as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back