Favorite hard drink?
Jun 9, 2003 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

NuclearFusi0n

100+ Head-Fier
What's your favorite drink?

I personally love some good rum and vanilla coke. It's just so good!
evil_smiley.gif

wait...
*remembers what happens when drinking*
*swears to never drink again*

ah crap.
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 80
Good rum (like Gosling's 140 from Bermuda) doesn't need any vanilla coke. Works well with a little juice (a little) so the taste is still there.

I love a good drink of single-malt scotch with a little ice. It seems to me that when the ice melts a little, while the scotch isn't as strong some other more subtle flavors come out, so the taste changes not just in body but in character throughout the drink. The better the scotch, the more layers to be discovered. The best I've had, I think, was Oban 14-year. Lagavulin is, of course, great, and I've had Glen Morangie once or twice. That stuff is good too, and less expensive than the Oban or Lagavulin. The Dalmore is decent and costs less than all of those.

I used to be into cognac but haven't found myself drinking it much lately. A nice cheap and tasty drink that I indulge in a lot is gin and tonic. Mmmm. It'd be nice if I could have them at work.
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 80
Cold, straight vodka Smirnoff, or Finlandia, or Stolichnaya, or some tequila work for me. I really enjoy a glass of two of these somewhere after 3rd round of good draft beer.

Gin and tonic at work is awesome idea!

edit: Nope, my boss disagrees....
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 80
A Jamaican "Planter's Punch" made on the island itself with fresh fruit juice and the earthly goodness of Meyers dark rum. Yum. Yum.

Jun 9, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
Long island ice tea.

i'm with you on that, those things are lethal!

but i am a big fan of vodka, neat, with coke or cherry coke, with cherryade, with cranberry juice, flavoured vodka is fun, chilli vodka makes your brain sweat! aslo my dad goes to russia for work quite often, so i get big bottles of stolychnya for very cheap....hurrah!

i also like baileys

and i am fairly partial to whiskey.

*thinks*

ahh hell, i'll drink methylated spirits as long as they serve it right.

(this is a joke btw)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 80
bombay saphire martini

tanqueray and tonic

jameson neat

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:18 PM Post #14 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by NuclearFusi0n
DanG, I'm a college student. My idea of good rum probably differs quite a bit from your idea of good rum.
tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

As am I.
wink.gif
This rum you don't drink a lot of, though. Since it's 140-proof (70% ABV), you only need half as much as standard liquor (aside from the harder bourbons) to get drunk. Plus the taste is so strong, you don't need much for that warm feeling or for the flavor to fill your mouth. It definitely shouldn't be drunk as a getting-drunk alcohol, though it's great for chill drinks or as a starter.

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:21 PM Post #15 of 80
vodka + orange juice = screwdriver

although they don't mix well with xanax. the wife found me passed out in bed with my sunglasses and heapdhones on after a couple screwdrivers after work (i sometimes take xanax for positional vertigo). i had some 'splaining to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back