Favorite hard drink?
Jun 10, 2003 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 80
I like a good congnac. I also like Baileys on the rock. I think long island ice tea is pretty fun to drink too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately, my doctor asked me to stop drinking.
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #32 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Nisbeth
If I EVER catch you doing that, I'll !"#€%&/() you!
wink.gif
Try adding a bit of water instead of the ice, I can assure you it's better
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and if you haven't already, try:

Highland Park 12yo & 17yo
Bowmore 12 yo
Laphroiag 10 yo & 10 yo cask strenght (with water...)
Macallan

which are my favourites at the moment.

/U.

I agree with Nisbeth.

You Cultural Barbarian.
twak.gif

Peter.

Jun 10, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #33 of 80
Jack Daniels, other than this, Havana Club 7 years, or any Bacardi añejo....

Jun 10, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #34 of 80
Three Olives Voldka, or any good Russian Voldka straight from the freezer, into a frosted shot glass, and down the hatch. If I'm having a mixed drink, I like Voldka with tonic water and lime.

Jun 10, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #36 of 80
I like basicly anything with lime/orange flavor
wink.gif

My favorits are:
1st) Smirnoff ice, the one you buy mixed
2nd) Jagermeister
4rd) A licorish flavor drink called Hot&Sweet
3rd) Vodka and Orangejuice

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #37 of 80
One very bad thing about Australia: almost every alcohol is a watered down 40% (80 proof) to avoid local taxes that increase dramatically for anything stronger. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater, every scotch, all 40%. It's not the same drink at all. I used to really enjoy gray goose dirty martinis, or sapphire or beefeater martinis. All kinds of cask strength single malts too, and sake, and cognacs were in my NY stockpile.

As a father-to-be in a country with stupid liquor laws I'm getting used to just beer. I haven't had a look in Dan Murphy's huge Chapel St. store yet but I don't hold out much hope. At least great local wine is cheap, and the beer is the best in the world.

Jun 10, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 80
pank2000,

Try throwing in a splash of Galliano in that vodka-orange drink... Makes all the difference!!

Hot&Sweet?? Ewww...

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:39 AM Post #40 of 80
Quote:

I've never used just water... I've also heard that some people use distilled water instead of tap.

Who, General Jack D. Ripper?

POE POE POE!!

Purity of Essence!

Preserve your precious bodily fluids!

Unfortunately, amidst all this talk about fav hard drinks, I've been forced back to beer after a five year absence. I burned a hole in my gut drinking whiskey on the rocks. Oh well, at least I can drink beer.
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 12:34 PM Post #41 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Treble Vodka and Coke for me. Works wonders every time
wink.gif

Alternatively, if your feeling very brave, try a session of aftershocks washed down with treble vodka and red bull's.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

aftershock is cool, well the red one, the blue is just mouthwash i'm sure of it.

there's a place near me that does every singe shooter under the sun, i like total amnesia...does what it says on the tin. yourecover, but it toally knocks you sideways for about half an hour.

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #43 of 80
I love Kettle One vodka and tonic water. I've tried a lot of other vodkas and Kettle One is still the best. I can't drink that much anymore though. One or two is my limit now. If I have any more than that I will feel like **** for like 2 days. Diabetes really sucks. I don't miss the burgers and fries I really don't eat anymore but I do miss drinking!!

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #44 of 80
drink sugary drinks then
biggrin.gif

(i know that that's probably a good suggestion, diabetes sounds like a bitch)

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #45 of 80
Another vote for Long Island Iced Tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back