Favorite hard drink?
Jun 11, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #46 of 80
Another vote for a good Long Island Iced Tea -- the kind that isn't diluted (a properly made Long Island Iced Tea is made with 7 different liquors, and no soda or anything else, and tastes just like a regular brewed iced tea).

Jun 11, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #47 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
I've never used just water... I've also heard that some people use distilled water instead of tap.
Thanks a great deal for the recommendations -- I'm always looking for something new to try. I just hope that they're not too expensive! I have a hard time paying more than $30 for 750ml.
frown.gif

Dan,
Almost every thing I have read about scotch tasting has mentioned adding a small amount of water to help release the aromas & Flavors.

My favotie scotch is Balvenie Double Wood 12 yr old. It is aged in a oak cask first, then in a sherry cask.
Everyone who has tried it loves it.
About $38.

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #48 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd R
Dan,
Almost every thing I have read about scotch tasting has mentioned adding a small amount of water to help release the aromas & Flavors.

My favotie scotch is Balvenie Double Wood 12 yr old. It is aged in a oak cask first, then in a sherry cask.
Everyone who has tried it loves it.
About $38.

A part of the whisky is aged on oak casks and the other part on sherry casks.

Peter

Jun 11, 2003 at 8:42 AM Post #49 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Another vote for a good Long Island Iced Tea -- the kind that isn't diluted (a properly made Long Island Iced Tea is made with 7 different liquors, and no soda or anything else, and tastes just like a regular brewed iced tea).

there is a place near me that makes them that way, but you have to pay for the priviledge.

i only have them on thursdays when it's 2 for 1, then me and a friend can share.

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #51 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Gin and tonic....in fact...I'm having one right now! Bombay Saphire....

Good call! That's my drink as well -- gotta have the Bombay Saphire though, no other gin will do.

Anybody here who drinks Aqavit, the Scandinavian "water of life"?

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:25 PM Post #52 of 80
when i'm low on cash, a jumbo bottle of generic mouthwash will do.

great sig lindy, is that a real quote?

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #53 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
great sig lindy, is that a real quote?

Thanks, redshifter! To the best of my knowledge, it's close to the real thing. I think Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, and his reply was what's in my sig. I don't know that Ringo actually stated "I am the best drummer in the world". But I think it's funnier my way
smily_headphones1.gif

Any Beatles experts out there who can shed more light on the real quote?

Lindy

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #54 of 80
: Quote:

Yeah, I do at times. I like it with caraway. My wife is Norwegian, so we always do some aqavit when I get together with the in-laws. Yes, it is the water of life, but if you drink too much, it will suck the life out of you
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #56 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Lindy

showMedium.asp

Akvavit = aqua vitae (latin) = water of life

Which one do you like?? We make quite a few in Denmark..

Jun 12, 2003 at 8:39 AM Post #58 of 80
As RickG just mentioned good quality Absinthe or Absolut straight, which is in my opinion one of the best vodkas, certainly better than that smirnoff crap

Jun 12, 2003 at 8:52 AM Post #59 of 80
Absolut tastes like $5/liter vodka to me. Crap.

Grey Goose on the other hand, has earned it's reputation well. Use orange flavored, ice-cold Grey Goose + good quality OJ and you have yourself about the best tasting screwdriver I can imagine
biggrin.gif
Regular Grey Goose also makes for great bloody marys.

As for straight drinks, good 'ol Captain Morgan's is all too easy for me to down. That stuff is the most "affecting" shot-for-shot alcohol (sub 100proof) that I know of. Gets me into trouble more often than not.

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back