FAudio - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #31 of 105
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #33 of 105
In fact I did try the Minor and I was prepared to buy that, until I heard the Major. The minor has a little less detail and soundstage, and not as much sparkle but I still would place it well above many over-priced IEM’s on the market right now. I don’t know how this company does it, but they have managed to get a DD to sound better than most hybrid combinations out there. They just have to market their products better.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #34 of 105
Wow the F Audio Major is something special! I have owned the IER-Z1R and comparing the two, the Major is lighter, smaller and way more comfortable. I feel the bass is a little better ( and has better extension) over the Z1R. I feel overall the only attribute the Z1R wins is on the packaging and it's inclusions. However my dealer did a free swap to the 4.4mm balanced version of the Black Sprite cable for me.

I have also owned the Acoustune 1650CU in the past, and demo'd the new 1695 and 1655?( the white one) and found the bass to be faster and more musical on the Major but it was the treble on the Acoustune's that led me to prefer the F Audio. And I don't really like the shallow fit of the Acoustune models, the F Audio perfect for me as well as having a decent notch on them to lock in the tips ( listen here Empire Ears and Aroma Audio!)

I have owned may high end IEM's in the past and these ( F Audio Major) now live at the top of the podium for me.

Any chance you know How much this cable cost in USD? Could you share some Pics? if nots its fine.

Is the Connector on the Cable Flush against the IEM?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #35 of 105
I have owned the IER-Z1R and comparing the two, the Major is lighter, smaller and way more comfortable. I feel the bass is a little better ( and has better extension) over the Z1R.

DUANED, i read on another thread that the FAUDIO MAJOR would be very smooth and possibly lacking edge/details "for certains" (toranku). As you mentioned the Z1R, told to be a detail master, would you confirm this point?

thanks

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #37 of 105
Any chance you know How much this cable cost in USD? Could you share some Pics? if nots its fine.

Is the Connector on the Cable Flush against the IEM?

The 8 wire of the major cable retails for 8800rmb in China, thats also the price of a major in china... Yes, the upgrade cable cost just as much as the iem.

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #38 of 105
Major is very smooth but it also has pretty good detail, at least is as good as a single DD can get. I dont think it's at the level of some multi BAs. Its also a warm neutral iem with some treble rolloff, so it dosent seems lime it has detail...
Thank’s Overlord this is a clear description of the sonic signature .. I understand it is quite an euphonic and warm musical sound Rather than technical beast . I’m probably looking for a touch more « Detailed » single DD .. but with good bass .. does it exist ? may be the future DUNU LUNA .. as you said DD have their strengths and limits

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #39 of 105
Not sure where the treble roll off statement comes from, I don't find that at all! In fact I was listening to a track I usually listen too ( i can't recall the name but it was a hip-hop track) and I heard an instrument in the background I had never hear before, and the includes the hyped Z1R!

I use wide bore Sedna Azla tips so this may explain why I hear lots of treble extension and energy.

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #40 of 105
Anybody knows safe online store to get the Major .. Faudio website register an authorized dealer at hong Kong ..may be they sell worldwide? Amazon? I’m afraid of counterfeited pieces with unknown distributors

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #41 of 105
Anybody knows safe online store to get the Major .. Faudio website register an authorized dealer at hong Kong ..may be they sell worldwide? Amazon? I’m afraid of counterfeited pieces with unknown distributors

You can get the directly from Faudio, you just have to contact them. And to answer your earlier question, yes fw10k is prob the most detailed single DD and then there Dita Dream (not xls) but those 2 also have really wonky tonality thats sounds somewhat metalic. I do think the Major is the most well rounded DD, but it's still a 1 trick in my book... Im actually in Japan atm... I will give major another demo as I always do... Will prob give some more impression on the major and some of their BAs soon.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #42 of 105
Faudio Symphony.

Demo with AZLA sedna light 3.5mm with Kube and 1A

Not as good as i thought I when I 1st demoed it a few months ago. I still think its on part with the qdc 8series, in terms of techinicalities, and its even more foucused on female vocal than the qdc Gemini, which makes the lower mid regeion sounds very thin, the problem is made worst with the BA timbred. Tho the extremely short decay made everything sounds clean and clear. A very nice weeb iem for airy female vocals.

Needless to say bass is not its strenght, its more of a upper mid iem with good clarity and pretty good imagine... A more weeby qdc Gemini, but gemini is plenty good with female vocals already.

FAudio Harmony same setup

The more natural sounding of the 2, but with some sacrifice to resolution and clarity. The problem with lower mid is still present on the Harmony just like,its bigger brother. I honestly prefer Harmony's sweeter vocal vs symphony's airy-ness

FAudio minor, Sony Hybrid tips, 3.5mm 1A/Kube

I have 1 word.... subbass... Minor is just another addition to the midfi Vshaped market, with its own boat load of subbass and decay. Resolution is bad and bass can be bloated. Meh, its Faudio's way of appealing to the masses...

FAudio Major, AZLA sedna Light, custom tri-metal cable 4.4mm 1A/XLR Kube

This is the best 1 trick iem a man can ever have. Wuts the 1 trick? Putting people to sleep... And I dont mean its boring. Major is what I can would call a warm dark neutral smooth iem... But it somehow retains a high level of resolution. The combination of a dark warm iem with slow decay is perfect for long listenning sessions, if you can keep yourself awake that is.

FAudio made something really special with The Major here. It has a perfect blend of boosted subbass with slow decay and a punchy midbass while not bleed into the lower mids, male vocal can still sounds rich and powerful. Female vocalist like Adel can sound extremely good with The Major, while its not as goos with the screaming girl Jpop trash. And treble? Just forget about the treble... Nothing is pefect, not even the Major.
1129191452_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #43 of 105
Great feedback, thanks so much.. crossing the severals impressions gives a quite precise signature definition .. perfect short review.

I also note your side to side analyse with the JVC FW1000 and DITA DREAM very interesting..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back