• Senny IE900
  • 64audio Duo
  • Fiio FDX/FD7

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #64 of 105
Would be interesting a comparison with:

• Senny IE900
  • 64audio Duo
  • Fiio FDX/FD7

Quite a few people asked me about IE900. I didn't hear those yet, but everybody refers to IE900 as having a great bass and treble, while mids are pulled back, even lacking definition/clarity. Again, this is based on what I have read from others, and if it is true, it will be the biggest difference between Dark Sky and IE900. As a matter of fact, I just plotted IE900 vs Dark Sky FR on Crinancle's website and their bass matches while upper mids are lower in IE900. Again, graph doesn't tell you the full story, but you can give you some idea.

1632944735438.png

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #65 of 105
Would be interesting a comparison with:

• Senny IE900
  • 64audio Duo
  • Fiio FDX/FD7
you just stole it from my mouth!!! definitely a great match. One crossover guy in the cluster but intrigued anyway.

Thanks for the graph layering!!! As said the high mid seems to be the departing point. Could be adressing those who prefer a more forward vocal. The reviewer says (though not an in deep review) the ie 900 has better soundstage. The dark sky seems to have a shorter decay and as @twister6 report a more "dry" sound.

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #66 of 105
To summarize I assume the IE 900 is the more laid back of the two (though not really). The dark sky described as more frontal. I'm so mesmerized by my ie 900 I would really like some more comparison to get a complementary set

Sep 30, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #67 of 105
Quite a few people asked me about IE900. I didn't hear those yet, but everybody refers to IE900 as having a great bass and treble, while mids are pulled back, even lacking definition/clarity. Again, this is based on what I have read from others, and if it is true, it will be the biggest difference between Dark Sky and IE900. As a matter of fact, I just plotted IE900 vs Dark Sky FR on Crinancle's website and their bass matches while upper mids are lower in IE900. Again, graph doesn't tell you the full story, but you can give you some idea.

1632944735438.png
#twister6 would you say the DARK SKY is on par or close to EE EVO in bass department and on technical aspects? For coherency I 've always wonder how a 7 points crossovers could compare to a single DD? Ok the price segment should suggest quite a step up.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #68 of 105
#twister6 would you say the DARK SKY is on par or close to EE EVO in bass department and on technical aspects? For coherency I 've always wonder how a 7 points crossovers could compare to a single DD? Ok the price segment should suggest quite a step up.

EVO has more bass, and it is a different type of bass, combing dual DD and Bone Conduction drivers. Dark Sky has a single DD with a dual diaphragm. Btw, price is no longer an indicator of what to expect, at least, don't look at one being 3x more expensive and expect 3x better performance :)

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #71 of 105
I happen to have the Final A8000, Dark Sky & IE900. Dark Sky & IE900 do share a similar sound, but I find the mids more forward on Dark Sky while mids on the IE900 are somewhat recessed. Dark Sky sounds more open & airier as well. Going from IE900 to Dark Sky it's almost as if a veil has been lifted. Bass on Dark Sky also seems to be more controlled while losing none of the impact, while bass on the IE900 to me sounds a little slower. The Final A8000 meanwhile offers a brighter sound with greater clarity & resolution. Bass is more sub-bass focused. Vocals on Dark Sky are more forward while A8000 has the better staging & instrument separation. I've only AB-ed A8000 w/Dark Sky and Dark Sky w/IE900. I imagine AB-ing between A8000 & IE900 would yield a much greater contrast.

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #72 of 105
Very awaited comparison thank’s.. did you feel the dark sky has more foward treble Than the ie 900? Interesting also as the only comparison I read stating the soundstage was bigger on ie 900.. not the case according to you? this model definitely come back in the arena of option for me .. the too forward mid could be somewhat a caveat for me but if bigger soundstage than ie900 I can deal with it

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #73 of 105
I happen to have the Final A8000, Dark Sky & IE900. Dark Sky & IE900 do share a similar sound, but I find the mids more forward on Dark Sky while mids on the IE900 are somewhat recessed. Dark Sky sounds more open & airier as well. Going from IE900 to Dark Sky it's almost as if a veil has been lifted. Bass on Dark Sky also seems to be more controlled while losing none of the impact, while bass on the IE900 to me sounds a little slower. The Final A8000 meanwhile offers a brighter sound with greater clarity & resolution. Bass is more sub-bass focused. Vocals on Dark Sky are more forward while A8000 has the better staging & instrument separation. I've only AB-ed A8000 w/Dark Sky and Dark Sky w/IE900. I imagine AB-ing between A8000 & IE900 would yield a much greater contrast.
@Rick1982

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #75 of 105
Very awaited comparison thank’s.. did you feel the dark sky has more foward treble Than the ie 900? Interesting also as the only comparison I read stating the soundstage was bigger on ie 900.. not the case according to you? this model definitely come back in the arena of option for me .. the too forward mid could be somewhat a caveat for me but if bigger soundstage than ie900 I can deal with it
I wouldn't consider the Dark Sky as having forward mids, but more forward in comparison to IE900 which has somewhat recessed mids. Coupled with the treble it does give the Dark Sky a more open sound, with a taller staging. Dark Sky has more forward/intimate vocals. IE900 has more recessed/distant mids so vocals as well as instruments seem further/more spread out. I will have to A-B some more, but Dark Sky overall has the better balance, while IE900 seems to have a darker sound, skewed towards the thicker low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back