Famous people with audiophile headphones/mics
Feb 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #61 of 77
i see beyer's so much it's not even funny. it's funny to know that deep inside. as head fi'ers and music lovers(i see you don't prefer the term audioophile) we use more expensive stuff than them. i see Beyer DT770's most of the time and i can guess/bet they are probably 32-80 ohm versions :/ worth at about $180......pffffft... ok . we head fi'ers can just go talk about the HD800, STAX SR009 and Audeuze research labs LCD 3's while your at it.

only thing i really find funny with modern studios is they have millions(or even billions) of dollar budget and still manage to screw up the recording and do horrible mastering job in the process. not just music but with movies and even games nowadays. i see bedroom artists/producers making better recordings and better mastering work than even some of top hollywood studios. engineers back then in the studios before the loudness war were not only recording and mastering engineers but real audiophiles(the term audiophile in the modern world lost all meaning) in the golden era of audio who cared about how the job was done. now it doesn't matter due to the ipod and digital world. stuff is no longer recorded in real stereo anymore either.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #62 of 77

Quote:
only thing i really find funny with modern studios is they have millions(or even billions) of dollar budget and still manage to screw up the recording and do horrible mastering job in the process. not just music but with movies and even games nowadays. i see bedroom artists/producers making better recordings and better mastering work than even some of top hollywood studios. engineers back then in the studios before the loudness war were not only recording and mastering engineers but real audiophiles(the term audiophile in the modern world lost all meaning) in the golden era of audio who cared about how the job was done. now it doesn't matter due to the ipod and digital world. stuff is no longer recorded in real stereo anymore either.

i completley agree. i wonder...how the heck music could sound like this all the time. how representavies for govt can screw up so badly, how companies that you trust can just throw that trust away and etc etc.

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #69 of 77
double pads?

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #72 of 77
TONS of Dubstep producers/DJs wear a sen hd25 model of some sort.  I guess you could call them famous.  They are to me anyway
Benga:

Hatcha:

N-Type:

Hatcha and N-Type rocking the adidas version

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #73 of 77
Lyle Lovett and band with K240s (probably mk II - those look like silver rings) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back