Fake Senheiser IE800?
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #361 of 454
Exactly!

Have already done so. But they may just now be celebrating New Year...

From that I get the impression, that you prefer the 7.8mm against the tesla 8mm?

EDIT:
Just now I got some advice from the guy at earphonediylabs that may be worthwhile to share with you here on this thread:

"Here are some honest suggestions for owners of original IE800:
1. The 7mm German driver out perform China made 7.8mm xwb for sure. Especially if you are looking for a warm, nature sound.
2. we are VERY proud of the 8mm Telsa which is so far our flagship product. We get 100% positive feedback, including original IE800 owners. It out performs the 7mm German driver on resolution."
what a joke man, just insanely not true ,and both their ie800 and xleneto sound like trash from that mediocre company

Mar 21, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #363 of 454
I got a refurbished ie800 on ebay for 175$, I thought that was fake but since it had 30 days return and my roomate had authentic pair I gave it a shot. Compare to original one the exterior of this refurbished definetly looks fake. However the sound is exaxtly same with a louder volume on refurbished one. Both me and my roomate can't tell the difference, not sure if it's a fake one which has the almost same sound as original or it's a real one refurbished with fake parts.

May 14, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #364 of 454
I got a refurbished ie800 on ebay for 175$, I thought that was fake but since it had 30 days return and my roomate had authentic pair I gave it a shot. Compare to original one the exterior of this refurbished definetly looks fake. However the sound is exaxtly same with a louder volume on refurbished one. Both me and my roomate can't tell the difference, not sure if it's a fake one which has the almost same sound as original or it's a real one refurbished with fake parts.

ive seen these. Since he has a 30 day return on these I think I’ll try them out. I dont have a ie800 to compare them to but I do have a pair of fake blue diylabs ie800. I’ll see if the new fakes are better than the old fakes. :)

May 14, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #365 of 454
ive seen these. Since he has a 30 day return on these I think I’ll try them out. I dont have a ie800 to compare them to but I do have a pair of fake blue diylabs ie800. I’ll see if the new fakes are better than the old fakes. :)
Someone told me it is diy lab ie800....so maybe they just got them from diy lab and selling it with a higher price

May 14, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #366 of 454
Very interested in your comparison. How did you find the diylabs ie800? I think they don't sell them as original IE800, but they say only they are equally good. So why do you call them "fake"?

My own IE800 have a really terrible stiffness with their cables. Unusable, if I don't use them other than in the bed without any movement.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #367 of 454
Someone told me it is diy lab ie800....so maybe they just got them from diy lab and selling it with a higher price
Interesting. So if I understand you right you and your roommate couldn't distinguish them from an original IE800. Sounds good.

May 14, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #368 of 454
Very interested in your comparison. How did you find the diylabs ie800? I think they don' sell them as original IE800, but they say only they are equally good. So why do you call them "fake"?

My own IE800 have a really terrible stiffness with their cables. Unusable, if I don't use them other than in the bed without any movement.
There is tiny bit difference in sound but I really don't find it inferior. More like a different batch. By the way they even copy the terrible cable and it's as bad as the original one. I believe you can request to use the different cable.

May 14, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #369 of 454
The diy labs 7mm chinese driver is inferior to the German one. I haven’t heard the ie800, but on the diy labs the bass distorts under certain demanding tracks, but overall sounds decent enough for its price.

the diy labs one also didn’t come with authentic looking cables and such. He clearly advertised it as a knock off. overall it’s a decent little iem, so I’ve kept it for a while.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #372 of 454
If you want to try it I can sell it for less than diylabs.
Thanks for the offer. But I have already a bunch of diylabs "IE800-close" IEMs. But haven't really tested them yet because I can't easily separate from my trusty rusty IE800, even despite their horrible cable.

May 14, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #373 of 454
The diy labs 7mm chinese driver is inferior to the German one. I haven’t heard the ie800, but on the diy labs the bass distorts under certain demanding tracks, but overall sounds decent enough for its price.

the diy labs one also didn’t come with authentic looking cables and such. He clearly advertised it as a knock off. overall it’s a decent little iem, so I’ve kept it for a while. If you want to try it I can sell it for less than diylabs.
What cable did you get? The cable color is different from authentic but it's almost impossible to tell if you don't compare them directly

May 14, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #374 of 454
I have these: https://www.earphonediylabs.com/shop/diy-kit/ie800-in-royal-blue-diy-kit/

I kept them because for the price they sound pretty good. Mine have the original xmb drivers as I wanted them close to the original ie800.

6occ cable.

i also sent the eBay seller a message with a bit of a warning about trying to sell me a diylabs knock off. I’ll see if he cancels the order rather than risk feedback and dispute status.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #375 of 454
Thanks for the offer. But I have already a bunch of diylabs "IE800-close" IEMs. But haven't really tested them yet because I can't easily separate from my trusty rusty IE800, even despite their horrible cable.
Yeah the cable is really annoying. Almost unusable. I found myself using blon 03 more. With cable and eartips change I m really liking the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back