Fake Senheiser IE800?
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #346 of 454
The real question we should be asking in this thread is, who makes the best fakes? :)
I think I just found the Best IE800 Fakes. Received them from diyearphonelas.com a couple of days ago and they are sensational. And these guys arent trying to pass them off as originals. They take the shells, adapt them to MMCX and offer a range of DRIVERS. So THEY end up as customs and they are wide open about it. They also have an "Original Version" with fixed Cable and apparently an original driver. Knock offs are not my thing, I'm pretty active on other threads as I have quite a stable of Original IEMS including at present Xelento, oBravo Cupid, an Original IE800, IMR R1 Zenith & Tin P1 and in the last 6 months have rotated through and sold off SE535, SE846, TK Shockwave III among others. I found these "Custom IE800" rather by mistake while I was searching reviews on the 800. I probably wrote 7 times with questions before placing the order and they always responded literally within minutes. Because of that, I rolled the dice on them with MMCX and the 8mm Tesla Driver. They're extremely well made (Pics Attached) and the sound of these things is off the charts. Much wider, deeper and extended from bass, sub bass through to crystal clear treble with absolutely no sibilance. With Comply Tips they're very controlled and isolate well. I think I paid $120 for them and think they are the deal of the century (on IEMS) From order to delivery in Canada was 12 days. I prefer this "tesla" knock off IE800 to the original, and to both the Shures. I'm going to buy another one, they are that good. Now they do say, if you post a review, they'll reimburse shipping and to be honest I dont care if they do or not. I found this thread while looking for the impressions of others and thought I'd post my experience, which in this case was very positive.

IMG_20191003_151608.jpg
IMG_20191003_151650.jpg
IMG_20191003_151724.jpg
IMG_20191003_151945.jpg
IMG_20191003_152231.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_152222.jpg
    IMG_20191003_152222.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #349 of 454
Jan 1, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #350 of 454
I second earphonediylabs.. if u ignore the fact that they use a sennheiser ie800 shell.. i really think their iem stands for their own brand as you can customized the cables, drivers, shells to your liking!! I just received my 3rd pair of their ie800 and boy do they sound amazing.. i compared to my shure se535 and se425 all the time just trying to see if these can outperform the shures.. but everytime i find that they are superior.. and they are 1/5th of the price of the originals.. so for an alternative earphonediylabs are amazing... their customer service i can say is way way way above of that of sennheiser themself lol.. so i really wouldnt call earphonediylabs as counterfeit but as their own brand..

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #351 of 454
I just received my 3rd pair of their ie800 and boy do they sound amazing..
specifically
Good to hear. I'm in the process of ordering 2, and you may be able to help me for making a good selection:
a) which versions did you exactly buy, i.e. also including which options?
b) which one do you think comes closest to the original IE 800 / IE 800 S?

I'm asking b) because the IE 800 does not sound "spectacular" in any way, but for my taste exactly this makes a good part its value.

I'm considering to buy the "IE800 Earbuds for Audiophile Elites" and the "IE800 Earbuds with Tesla Drivers, MMCX Connector and detachable Bluetooth Cable" (plus a standard cable). Both versions with the most expensive driver options. But is most expensive the best? Or does it only go into the direction of most "spectacular" sound?

Thanks for shedding some light onto that matter.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #352 of 454
specifically
Good to hear. I'm in the process of ordering 2, and you may be able to help me for making a good selection:
a) which versions did you exactly buy, i.e. also including which options?
b) which one do you think comes closest to the original IE 800 / IE 800 S?

I'm asking b) because the IE 800 does not sound "spectacular" in any way, but for my taste exactly this makes a good part its value.

I'm considering to buy the "IE800 Earbuds for Audiophile Elites" and the "IE800 Earbuds with Tesla Drivers, MMCX Connector and detachable Bluetooth Cable" (plus a standard cable). Both versions with the most expensive driver options. But is most expensive the best? Or does it only go into the direction of most "spectacular" sound?

Thanks for shedding some light onto that matter.
Hey man.. all 3 of mine are all the tesla 8mm drivers.. i have 1 royal blue with their soft white cables, two snow whites with their mmcx connectors..

i have never listened to ie800.. but did a demo of the ie800s in the shop while i was in singapore.. in a way my royal blue sounded very similar to the ie800s.. however earphonediylabs' ie800 sounded more louder (with the same volume) played on my iphone xs max... another thing is that earphonediylabs' ie800 royal blue 8mm tesla driver has that shaking subwoofer effect on the bass in which i found on the ie800s didnt have.. i dont know the technical terms of that sound.. but im just describing on what i hear in my ears.. idk how to measure graphs or interpret it.. so its just my opinion based on my experience!! But imo really worth a try at their price!! And the guy behind earphonediylabs is probably one of the nicest guy ive ever dealt transactions with

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #353 of 454
And one other thing to note though.. i have both of their 7.8mm driver k3003 and the tesla 8mm driver k3003...

assuming the ie800 uses the same dd and have similar characteristics.. i really do prefer the 7.8mm (cheaper option) k3003 since it has a brighter sound signature almost to a point where songs sound "sweet and sparkly" - i know alot of people dont like these as they want the sound to be natural.. but i like the sparkly sweet sound!! Oh and the bass is boomier on the 7.8mm driver too!!

but not sure if that is the case with their ie800 though.. i suggest u email earphonediylabs!! They will help u!

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #354 of 454
But imo really worth a try at their price!!

Exactly!
i suggest u email earphonediylabs!! They will help u!

Have already done so. But they may just now be celebrating New Year...
And one other thing to note though.. i have both of their 7.8mm driver k3003 and the tesla 8mm driver k3003...

assuming the ie800 uses the same dd and have similar characteristics.. i really do prefer the 7.8mm (cheaper option) k3003 since it has a brighter sound signature almost to a point where songs sound "sweet and sparkly" - i know alot of people dont like these as they want the sound to be natural.. but i like the sparkly sweet sound!! Oh and the bass is boomier on the 7.8mm driver too!!

but not sure if that is the case with their ie800 though.. i suggest u email earphonediylabs!! They will help u!

From that I get the impression, that you prefer the 7.8mm against the tesla 8mm?

EDIT:
Just now I got some advice from the guy at earphonediylabs that may be worthwhile to share with you here on this thread:

"Here are some honest suggestions for owners of original IE800:
1. The 7mm German driver out perform China made 7.8mm xwb for sure. Especially if you are looking for a warm, nature sound.
2. we are VERY proud of the 8mm Telsa which is so far our flagship product. We get 100% positive feedback, including original IE800 owners. It out performs the 7mm German driver on resolution."

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #356 of 454
On their k3003 diy kits; i do prefer the 7.8mm titanium over the 8mm tesla... not sure if its the case with their ie800 since i only ever owned the 8mm tesla on the ie800
I can't imagine that the housing makes a very significant difference. At least not in this case.

I may be wrong, but could you anyway give some comparative impressions/characterizations of all three (i.e. including your memory of your IE800 S audition)?

Thanks a lot.

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #357 of 454
I've also oedered a few times and when I placed my 1st order, I asked a few questions about driver choice as well
1. Why is the 8mm more expensive than the 10mm?
Because 8mm drivers have higher building cost due to the tiny structure.

2. Which is the best Driver 8 mm Tesla or 10 mm Tesla
We'd recommend 8mm, unless users are a bass head...

I've ordered the 8mm twice and they sound very good. For me I hus paired them with Comply T400 tips and they seal and sound pretty amazing

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #358 of 454
I can't imagine that the housing makes a very significant difference. At least not in this case.

I may be wrong, but could you anyway give some comparative impressions/characterizations of all three (i.e. including your memory of your IE800 S audition)?

Thanks a lot.
Hey man.. i dont feel comfortable doing that because i am not a pro... i dont even know what each term means lol.. i only can describe what i hear in my ears.. and i try to describe it as the above to my ability.. if u guys have specific question in human terms.. id be happy to hear it

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #359 of 454
I just got the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless a few days ago and really like the sound signature (although I would prefer more clarity). I read somewhere that the MTW has the same drivers as the IE800. Can anyone confirm this?

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #360 of 454
I think I just found the Best IE800 Fakes. Received them from diyearphonelas.com a couple of days ago and they are sensational. And these guys arent trying to pass them off as originals. They take the shells, adapt them to MMCX and offer a range of DRIVERS. So THEY end up as customs and they are wide open about it. They also have an "Original Version" with fixed Cable and apparently an original driver. Knock offs are not my thing, I'm pretty active on other threads as I have quite a stable of Original IEMS including at present Xelento, oBravo Cupid, an Original IE800, IMR R1 Zenith & Tin P1 and in the last 6 months have rotated through and sold off SE535, SE846, TK Shockwave III among others. I found these "Custom IE800" rather by mistake while I was searching reviews on the 800. I probably wrote 7 times with questions before placing the order and they always responded literally within minutes. Because of that, I rolled the dice on them with MMCX and the 8mm Tesla Driver. They're extremely well made (Pics Attached) and the sound of these things is off the charts. Much wider, deeper and extended from bass, sub bass through to crystal clear treble with absolutely no sibilance. With Comply Tips they're very controlled and isolate well. I think I paid $120 for them and think they are the deal of the century (on IEMS) From order to delivery in Canada was 12 days. I prefer this "tesla" knock off IE800 to the original, and to both the Shures. I'm going to buy another one, they are that good. Now they do say, if you post a review, they'll reimburse shipping and to be honest I dont care if they do or not. I found this thread while looking for the impressions of others and thought I'd post my experience, which in this case was very positive.

with all respect both ie800 and beyer xelento remote from this company just suck in sound quality, just ordered to try them and they sound terrible, like literally terrible

They are nothing like the original sounding Beyer or ie800

do not fall for this, i just threw them away, i had them over 2 months ago, and they are literally worthless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back