fake Monster Turbine's
Mar 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #47 of 54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCdFW3AoNF0&feature=channel_video_title

this video will show you the difference! turns out the pair i just bought are fake!! cant even trust amazon anymore

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #48 of 54
Hey Guys,

I signed up in this forum to share my experiences regarding fake vs. real Monster Turbine Headphones with you.
I'm living in Europe (Germany) and bought these headphones last week via Amazon Marketplace.
I received a package like it is shown in the youtube video posted above (the fake package)

I was really upset that I apparently received a fake pair. I contacted the seller and described him every detail why I assumed it being fake. In her reply she pointed out to be the marketing director of Monstercable Europe and ensured that these are original.
She said that the European package is being upgraded and thus different from the one of the American market (smaller, the left side of it not going level with the tablebottom, etc.). So like the one describe in der video as a fake

I first thought the seller maybe is using the name of an employee of monstercable to make me think its original :wink:
So I didn’t reply via Amazon "contact the seller"-button, but using the email address on the monstercable homepage. The woman replied after a few hours to my last questions.

In the end, I'm now sure they are original! So if anybody is buying them in the EU, he may receive "the-on-the-internet-described-as-face-package", it actually may be the original.

I asked her about guarantee issues because I didn’t receive a bill. She said usually there is no guarantee on headphones sold via ebay or amazon-marketplace, but she is so kind and said that I may contact her, if anything is wrong with the headphones. She even sends me the missing clip for attaching the headphones on my jacket. She also said that in the original (at least for the EU I assume) there is no second etui than the leather one (maybe it's just part of the gold and chopper version)

The headphones itself are of top quality and the sound is great aswell. So I hope I was able to help you guys a bit out.
If there are any questions, just let me know.
Cheers,
Mart

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #49 of 54

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I signed up in this forum to share my experiences regarding fake vs. real Monster Turbine Headphones with you.
I'm living in Europe (Germany) and bought these headphones last week via Amazon Marketplace.
I received a package like it is shown in the youtube video posted above (the fake package)

I was really upset that I apparently received a fake pair. I contacted the seller and described him every detail why I assumed it being fake. In her reply she pointed out to be the marketing director of Monstercable Europe and ensured that these are original.
She said that the European package is being upgraded and thus different from the one of the American market (smaller, the left side of it not going level with the tablebottom, etc.). So like the one describe in der video as a fake

I first thought the seller maybe is using the name of an employee of monstercable to make me think its original :wink:
So I didn’t reply via Amazon "contact the seller"-button, but using the email address on the monstercable homepage. The woman replied after a few hours to my last questions.

In the end, I'm now sure they are original! So if anybody is buying them in the EU, he may receive "the-on-the-internet-described-as-face-package", it actually may be the original.

I asked her about guarantee issues because I didn’t receive a bill. She said usually there is no guarantee on headphones sold via ebay or amazon-marketplace, but she is so kind and said that I may contact her, if anything is wrong with the headphones. She even sends me the missing clip for attaching the headphones on my jacket. She also said that in the original (at least for the EU I assume) there is no second etui than the leather one (maybe it's just part of the gold and chopper version)

The headphones itself are of top quality and the sound is great aswell. So I hope I was able to help you guys a bit out.
If there are any questions, just let me know.
Cheers,
Mart

I find it highly suspect and unlike Monster to let one of it's employees sell it's phones on Amazon.  You have the link or vendor name? 

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #51 of 54
I would never endorse purchasing fakes. That being said, suppose you can buy a fake Sony $200 earphone for $3 plus free shipping, or Monster Coppers for $17 and gosh they're fakes but boy are they ever great sounding fakes, well....  Knock offs besides being iffy quality and bad for business and substandard, image killers etc. abound. Would you knowingly spend a quarter retail for 90% as good performance? Just don't kid yourself that the forgery is the real thing. If we weren't buying they wouldn't be selling. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #52 of 54
I was curious and bought the $3 Sony knockoffs. Both the right and left side earpieces broke apart before I got them in my ears for the very first time. I also got a set of IE8 knockoffs. They sounded decent but the nozzles broke off the first time I changed the eartips. I know they're removable but the "threads" are so paper thin they broke. I'm going to try to epoxy them back on.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for.

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #53 of 54
hey guys, does anyone know if these monster turbines for £40 are real or fake...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001LNO722/ref=sr_1_2_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309178889&sr=1-2&condition=new
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back